Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Inhibitor

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to take a stab at why they are deciding to go the oral route instead of topically? My guess is that Set works orally for hair loss, topical is messy, easier by popping a pill, more money to be made! All speculation of course! Haha

They probably made it a pill so that way it could be implemented into the big three regimen and wouldn't take the place of minoxidil. I'd like Hellhouser's opinion though.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys this stuff has the same effect of cetirizine, this is not the cure but still better then use a home made recipe

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
With cetirizine people were completely stabbing in the dark on delivery method, dosage, and timing of application.

While the idea is the similar (and originated from early publications in this very same work), this compound, tested in a systematic and scientific way, is much more promising.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
Indeed, but i don't think that this stuff will reverse any hairloss, to reverse hairloss we need something 100x more powerful then cetirizine which hit only the scalp = a miracle? I really really hope i'm wrong

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Indeed, but i don't think that this stuff will reverse any hairloss, to reverse hairloss we need something 100x more powerful then cetirizine which hit only the scalp = a miracle? I really really hope i'm wrong

Reversal would be ideal, but this could still be of great benefit even without, especially given that it is looking more and more likely that hair cloning treatments will also require a co-therapy to maintain (and preferably one without sexual side effects).

maher

Banned
Reaction score

I think this will be more preventive, maintaining drug.

I experimented with cet. (orally and topically) 5-15mg ED. Nothing drastic happened.

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, Setipiprant completed Phase III trials for asthma. Is this correct?

Would they have to start at Phase I trials for male pattern baldness? Their next steps are to open an IND for Setipiprant. Correct me if I am wrong, but an IND means an Investigational New Drug, which alludes to Kythera having to start from the beginning of Phase I trials. I hope I am wrong :(

Couldn't doctors prescribe Setipiprant off-label for male pattern baldness when it gets approved by the FDA for asthma?

maher

Banned
Reaction score
From what I understand, Setipiprant completed Phase III trials for asthma. Is this correct?

Would they have to start at Phase I trials for male pattern baldness? Their next steps are to open an IND for Setipiprant. Correct me if I am wrong, but an IND means an Investigational New Drug, which alludes to Kythera having to start from the beginning of Phase I trials. I hope I am wrong :(

Couldn't doctors prescribe Setipiprant off-label for male pattern baldness when it gets approved by the FDA for asthma?

I think YES, but it might skip some safety trials.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Why would it need to be '100X more powerful than cetirizine' ?? Not all AAs work the same. Take Saw Palmetto versus Finasteride or Dutasteride. All three have varying degrees of strength and dutasteride being the 'strongest' but working different than the other two anyway. Keep in mind cet likely never worked because it didnt target the receptors at the follicle, which SET *has to* if Dr. Cotsarelis gave the green light on.

Not all PGD2 inhibitors will be or are the same, hence why they didnt just randomly select a drug from the list of them that Cotsarelis had in mind to tackle hair loss.

- - - Updated - - -

From the presentation they gave, yes, they clearly stated they can jump straight into Phase 2A trials. SET has already undergone 8 clinical trials, so theres no reason to test safety anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

They probably made it a pill so that way it could be implemented into the big three regimen and wouldn't take the place of minoxidil. I'd like Hellhouser's opinion though.

Doubt it. If its more effective orally, then they'll do it that way. Finasteride can be mixed into a topical formulation, and its been done before, but we all know it doesnt do sh!t for halting DHT unless it goes systemic, therefor, oral is the ONLY route finasteride can be taken.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a heads up, I think you guys should start requesting that Spencer Kobren tries to get Dr. Cotsarelis on the show to talk about the news about PGD2 and/or perhaps Keith Leonard from Kythera (CEO). Perhaps we could ask questions like:

- What will the dosages be trialed at?
- What is the half life of the drug?
- Any chance of a faster release outside of USA?

etc.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually found a place to purchase this stuff. I found it at another hair loss forum, and I haven't tried it yet. Just google search Key Organics Setipiprant.

We might have a big 4 pretty soon gents!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, I think you guys should start requesting that Spencer Kobren tries to get Dr. Cotsarelis on the show to talk about the news about PGD2 and/or perhaps Keith Leonard from Kythera (CEO). Perhaps we could ask questions like:

- What will the dosages be trialed at?
- What is the half life of the drug?
- Any chance of a faster release outside of USA?

etc.

I think this is a good idea. Any other questions?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
What!? The price is ridiculous!
47 pounds per mg!!!!?

Economies of scale dude. That's not going to be price for consumer after its mass produced, lol.

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
Economies of scale dude. That's not going to be price for consumer after its mass produced, lol.

So we should organize a group buy asap.
But we still dunno the "novel" delivery method in the patent. I just dont wanna wait for its official commercialization which is likely 2~3 years away.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking there might be a patented way of using SET that makes it more effective. It's impressive how they were able to keep this info so quiet.

What if they are mixing SET with BIM in some way?