Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Inhibitor

resu

Reaction score
That only happened to minoxidil, so that's one out of two drugs that work on fighting male pattern baldness.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
it is still concerning. a lot of hair loss treatments tend to be originally designed for another purpose and then when that falls through, they try to milk what they can as a hairloss product

Except they're not. Kythera never ran the asthma trials.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me a long term study.

Are 7 clinical trials not enough for safety?

ma12199

Reaction score
how long roughly do you think it will take for sep to come out commercially then? and do you think it will be more effective than finasteride? for maintenance and regrowth? I understand that no one knows the real answer but would like to know your opinions as you guys seem to be well more educated on this than me

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Assurances from a random, unqualified person on the internet are not.

Good. So then, the 7 official FDA approved clinical trials are enough for you for evaluating it's safety.

- - - Updated - - -

how long roughly do you think it will take for sep to come out commercially then? and do you think it will be more effective than finasteride? for maintenance and regrowth? I understand that no one knows the real answer but would like to know your opinions as you guys seem to be well more educated on this than me

Probably 2+ years at best. Theyre not starting Phase II until a year from now.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Good. So then, the 7 official FDA approved clinical trials are enough for you for evaluating it's safety.

Have you read and understood the studies? How many of them were long term in design as opposed to brief 24-48 h tolerance tests?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you read and understood the studies? How many of them were long term in design as opposed to brief 24-48 h tolerance tests?

Phase I trials are typically 6-12 months. If you have an issue with how long safety studies should last, then you should question the safety of Finasterie. This discussion is pointless.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score

no worries feel free to wait for them to complete a 30 yr trial, at which point you will probably be bald and have no libido anyway from old age. but hey at least you know the treatment will be safe!

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Phase I trials are typically 6-12 months. If you have an issue with how long safety studies should last, then you should question the safety of Finasterie.

I don't have an issue with how long FDA trials last. However, most of the available literature on setipiprant is of short term use, therefore we currently have very limited information on potential long term effects.

no worries feel free to wait for them to complete a 30 yr trial, at which point you will probably be bald and have no libido anyway from old age. but hey at least you know the treatment will be safe!

No worries feel free to take advice from Dunning-Kruger victims and apply black market substances to your head.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with how long FDA trials last. However, most of the available literature on setipiprant is of short term use, therefore we currently have very limited information on potential long term effects.

So then what are you complaining about? You either hop on SET now and give it a go or not. If you're planning on waiting for Kythera's trials to be over you'll be glad to know it's going to many more years of trials and wait times before you can get SET if it comes out and even then it wouldnt satisfy your logic; it'd still be 'short term'.

How else do you expect to know results? Someone has to try it. I'll be one of the early adopters.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
lol even one week is too much, i saw my photo of three years ago, i had at least double no triple density, when our hairloss accellerate 1 years = half of hairs, and still we have to wait 1 year for the results, no way someone with a real Androgenetic Alopecia can wait, no way

sullivan1515

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you follow the NBA, but I would put down 100 bucks on Lebron using SET. He magically received a rejuvenated hairline this past summer (probably hair transplant with hopes of drug continuing growth) and has since lost majority of that hair but maintained consistent regrowth from where he was at 1-3 years ago. It is a very interesting case and one that I have been documenting because he is on national media almost 365 days out of the year. Some of you should check it out and see what you think.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you follow the NBA, but I would put down 100 bucks on Lebron using SET. He magically received a rejuvenated hairline this past summer (probably hair transplant with hopes of drug continuing growth) and has since lost majority of that hair but maintained consistent regrowth from where he was at 1-3 years ago. It is a very interesting case and one that I have been documenting because he is on national media almost 365 days out of the year. Some of you should check it out and see what you think.

He's using toppik or some other stuff. His hairline is always either full or faded and keeps bouncing back between the two. There's no way he got inside info on SET.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
Hell when do you start with seti? I cant wait to see you with a disney princess haircut lol if it works we will have results for the summer

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I said this in another post. Lebron's hairline is painted on like Jamie Foxx. I find it hard to believe that in "documenting" this case you failed to see how he went from a straight hairline in a shoe promotion to his balding island in the span of like a week. He can't paint his hairline in games bcoz the sweat will make it drip black crap over his face.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hell when do you start with seti? I cant wait to see you with a disney princess haircut lol if it works we will have results for the summer

If Im ever able to get a disney princess haircut you'll never see me on these forums again. Let's hope thats the case.

I'll probably be starting SET in about a month or so.

- - - Updated - - -

I said this in another post. Lebron's hairline is painted on like Jamie Foxx. I find it hard to believe that in "documenting" this case you failed to see how he went from a straight hairline in a shoe promotion to his balding island in the span of like a week. He can't paint his hairline in games bcoz the sweat will make it drip black crap over his face.

Yup.

Carlos Boozer needs to be mentioned as well:

carlos-boozer-hair-3.jpg

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol boozer is an idiot
I've seen videos of barbers applying the lebron hairline and it looks 90% undetectable. maybe boozer is not dark enough as well

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dunno why he dosen't just shave it like every other balding black guy though. yeah his dome not as perfect as MJ or Kobe's but pretty sure it will look better than what he is sporting atm