Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Inhibitor

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Is AM211 setipriprant? http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...l-trial-of-novel-dp2-antagonist-61867837.html

another dumb question , maybe? If you block the DP2 receptor, won't that cause other problems. I mean isn't this receptor also responsible for calcium movement? Won't it cause osteoporosis?

srry to talk about rosacea again, but I guess pgd2 has , maybe , something to do with it , but in case of rosacea dp1 has to be blocked receptor, which suppresses vasilidation.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is AM211 setipriprant? http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...l-trial-of-novel-dp2-antagonist-61867837.html

another dumb question , maybe? If you block the DP2 receptor, won't that cause other problems. I mean isn't this receptor also responsible for calcium movement? Won't it cause osteoporosis?

srry to talk about rosacea again, but I guess pgd2 has , maybe , something to do with it , but in case of rosacea dp1 has to be blocked receptor, which suppresses vasilidation.

it will certainly have its own side effects profile.

i really doubt it would 'cause' osteoporosis. remember they want to use these PGD2 receptor antagonists systemically for asthma.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
what group is this? im form europe too so i need some more informations...who is that swedish guy?
Also,would kb be useful?

********. A private forum, the same one thats capable of getting CB. KB might work, but no guarantees. I'd stick to ethanol and PG (tried and true).

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
I am the Swedish guy. Shipping to Europe and everywhere else is around 50 USD. I haven't received it yet but don't think there will be any problems, since it is not an illegal substance. The product is legit and will be tested from a 3:d party.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
it's all about country customs, i had to wait 2 months for electronic stuff, i don't even want to think about how much i have to wait for a test on a molecule with my country incompetent customs *facepalm*

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I sooo hope this will work. I'm just surprised nobody has tried this before.

Helios

Reaction score
I am the Swedish guy. Shipping to Europe and everywhere else is around 50 USD. I haven't received it yet but don't think there will be any problems, since it is not an illegal substance. The product is legit and will be tested from a 3:d party.

So you guys already ordered it?

- - - Updated - - -

Would someone make it easy for me,step by step because I am not understanding the subject..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin_D2
http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMDA-MFNLA/3961447985x0x808462/68E997C5-DA72-40B4-8BD5-9DFD765BFA2E/KYTHERA%20Investor%20Deck%209FEB15

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope it works for you guys, please take good pics so we can compare in the summer, don't let hell alone with pics and evidence

abcdefg

Reaction score
So this is atleast a few years away from being commercialized. I dont see this being any safer than RU since neither one has real proof its safe or what it does short or long term. You cant take something like RU and say its similar to topical spironolactone since both target receptors so they work similarly and have similar sides. Doesnt work like that.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
So this is atleast a few years away from being commercialized. I dont see this being any safer than RU since neither one has real proof its safe or what it does short or long term. You cant take something like RU and say its similar to topical spironolactone since both target receptors so they work similarly and have similar sides. Doesnt work like that.

Can't say anything is safe until scientific trials are done (and even after release, longitudinal study can continue for decades after). The theory that it could work is undoubtedly there---but people are still risking their health by jumping the gun.

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
Setipiprant is as safe as any other new medication since it passed the FAA checks for asthma, if you use if against asthma or hairloss shouldn't really matter.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't say anything is safe until scientific trials are done (and even after release, longitudinal study can continue for decades after). The theory that it could work is undoubtedly there---but people are still risking their health by jumping the gun.

Scientific trials WERE done. Many of them. So you may as well get on the SET bandwagon now rather then wait years before you can use it.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, again: clinical trials have ALREADY BEEN DONE on setipiprant. Jesus christ. The stuff is safe to use. Leave RU out of this too (RU = DHT inhibitor, SET = PGD2 inhibitor).

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Scientific trials WERE done. Many of them. So you may as well get on the SET bandwagon now rather then wait years before you can use it.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, again: clinical trials have ALREADY BEEN DONE on setipiprant. Jesus christ. The stuff is safe to use. Leave RU out of this too (RU = DHT inhibitor, SET = PGD2 inhibitor).

Show me a long term study.