Krazy growth on spironolactone 2%

Bismarck

Reaction score
DontWannaBeLikeMike said:
so the only place that sells topical spironolactone is minoxidil.com?

You can also make the solution yourself with spironolactone tabs.

Bald Bastard

Reaction score
Ok you guys have got me excited about spironolactone...

I have thinning in my crown and would hope the 2% spironolactone would help. My only question is to you users of spironolactone have you experienced any side effects????

G

this is the conclusion from Bryan spironolactone Article

At best, there was only a modest improvement
with spironolactone, and some patients actually became
worse.  There was no statistical difference between
spironolactone and placebo during the first 3 months.
Subjective response was equally poor, and the dropout
rate was high.

"The long-term effectiveness of topically applied spironolac-
tone for hirsutism remains a question.  The differences
observed between the alcohol-based spironolactone
solution and the cream based medication may relate
to the vehicle or perhaps small sample size."
Well, there you have it! 
The cream version seemed
to perform better.  In fact, The alcoholic version may
not have performed AT ALL!
:-(   What's interesting
is that they used a spironolactone concentration in both vehicles
of only 1%;  and what's very strange is the fact that
the
cream vehicle made the hirsutism WORSE
  That's food
for thought.

don't sound too good!

also I am a little confused by the appaerent contradiction of:

the cream version seemed
to perform better.  In fact, the alcoholic version may
not have performed AT ALL!

against:

the
cream vehicle made the hirsutism WORSE

what does evryone think?

klaus

Established Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
DontWannaBeLikeMike said:
so the only place that sells topical spironolactone is minoxidil.com?

You can also make the solution yourself with spironolactone tabs.

Bismarck, how i can make spironolactone 2% with spironolactone tabs?

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
proxiphen, contains spironolactone amongst other growth agents and can be purchased at http://www.drproctor.com it very expensive, but comprehensive.

Bryan can probably shed light on the study or you can go search for it in old threads. It is confusing to say the least...

The Gardener

Reaction score
The study quoted by Brian seems to be describing the results of using spironolactone to combat hirusitism, NOT male pattern baldness.

Hirusitism is a condition in which a person has excess body hair.

NEXT!

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
gardener,

youre right but apparently hirtuism aflicts people in a similar manner as male pattern baldness. Thats why usually really hairy men have male pattern baldness, and upon taking proscar I noticed a huge reduction in back hair ....added bonus : )

The Gardener

Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
gardener,

youre right but apparently hirtuism aflicts people in a similar manner as male pattern baldness.

Philosophically, that is true. However, to take a study of how spironolactone affects hirusitism and from that make a claim that its effectiveness against male pattern baldness is a stretch.

From what I have read, hair above the neck (hairloss on the scalp and increased/thickening body hair on the neck and beard) is primarily affected by DHT, and hair below the neck (chest hair, etc) is primarily a factor of testosterone. Thus, the biological process is similar and there probably is a correlation, but the chemistry between these two conditions is not identical.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
good point, I wonder if there are any spironolactone studies out there that were peformed on scalp hair?

Bismarck

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
ColtsFan said:
gardener,

youre right but apparently hirtuism aflicts people in a similar manner as male pattern baldness.

Philosophically, that is true. However, to take a study of how spironolactone affects hirusitism and from that make a claim that its effectiveness against male pattern baldness is a stretch.

From what I have read, hair above the neck (hairloss on the scalp and increased/thickening body hair on the neck and beard) is primarily affected by DHT, and hair below the neck (chest hair, etc) is primarily a factor of testosterone. Thus, the biological process is similar and there probably is a correlation, but the chemistry between these two conditions is not identical.

You're right. Hirsutism is not male pattern baldness. But the fact that spironolactone has worsened Hirsutism should make us thinking about it.
You say that only "on-top-hairs" are influenced by DHT. But Hirsutism is treated with Finasteride´which could even increase testosterone levels in the serum. So there is a chemical correlation.

The Gardener

Reaction score
klaus said:
gardener, see your avatar. ronaldo is a great soccer player, but he is fat now.
he is a bald, but hes girlfriend is a pretty girl. you is a fan of brazilian soccer?

Brazilian soccer is the ONLY soccer. Period.

The Gardener

Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
Gardener,

You are dead on, if the games dont sell out in LA you wouldnt get near as many televised games, and plus college football is the bomb, love to see a ND vs SC game in Cali that would be awesome....

Coltsfan, let me know when you are up to it. You can stay at my pad, I'm on the beach and 13 miles away from the Olympic Coliseum where USC plays.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Gardener,

well thats a hell of an offer, I havent been to Socal since 1991, and never got to see an SC game or Bruin game for that matter, but growing up I always wanted to check out the Colliseum. I tell you what if I can get away in early Oct I will strongly consider taking you up on your offer, very cool thanks....

As far as Brazilian soccer players, the same can be said of their race car drivers, they are consistantly very good. From Senna to Fittipaldi to Castroneves to Barichello they just drive the sh*t of some cars....

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
Gardener,

well thats a hell of an offer, I havent been to Socal since 1991, and never got to see an SC game or Bruin game for that matter, but growing up I always wanted to check out the Colliseum. I tell you what if I can get away in early Oct I will strongly consider taking you up on your offer, very cool thanks....

As far as Brazilian soccer players, the same can be said of their race car drivers, they are consistantly very good. From Senna to Fittipaldi to Castroneves to Barichello they just drive the sh*t of some cars....

Senna was my idol growing up. That guy is a legend in my book! Damn, why did he have to die..........

In other news Brasil spanked Mexico 4 to 0. Brasil is playing with their second squad, but the bastards are playing very very well!

Anyways..

OUT!
Tony Montana

klaus

Established Member
Reaction score
"Senna was my idol growing up. That guy is a legend in my book! Damn, why did he have to die..........

In other news Brasil spanked Mexico 4 to 0. Brasil is playing with their second squad, but the bastards are playing very very well! ?"

I agree. Sena is the best! Adriano, Juan and Julio Cezar is a best players of Copa America. coming Uruguai, the next victim!

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here's a copy-paste of how I make my 3% Dermovan-based spironolactone cream (you can alter the number of tablets to turn it into 5%, but I recommend sticking with 3%):

--------------------------------------------------------------
Here's how I make my handy-dandy Dermovan-based 3% spironolactone cream:

I only make 20 grams at a time, because of potential odor problems from larger amounts sitting around unused. (I personally have never had any problems with this, but why take a chance?)

I use a 50 ml glass beaker for mixing, which is ideal for this purpose. I've previously marked the beaker at the 20 ml point, so I just fill it to this point with an even level of Dermovan (we're not mixing rocket fuel for the Space Shuttle; it doesn't have to be exact). Next I take six 100 mg spironolactone tablets and finely powder them with a mortar and pestle, then add the powder to the beaker. I thoroughly mix it by stirring with a small kitchen knife. It's amazing how well the powder is "dissolved" into the Dermovan. The resulting mixture is absolutely smooth and homogeneous, with no detectable traces of tablet excipients.

Afterwards, I scoop the contents out of the beaker using the kitchen knife and deposit it into my storage container, which is an empty 25 ml Proxiphen vial (also perfect for this purpose). I keep it in the refrigerator.

The whole process is cheap, fast, and fun. No fuss, no muss.

Bryan
What's Dermovan?

klaus

Established Member
Reaction score
klaus said:
"Senna was my idol growing up. That guy is a legend in my book! Damn, why did he have to die..........

In other news Brasil spanked Mexico 4 to 0. Brasil is playing with their second squad, but the bastards are playing very very well! ?"

I agree. Sena is the best! Adriano, Juan and Julio Cezar is a best players of Copa America. coming Uruguai, the next victim!

ahaa! bye uruguai.
here coming argentina, the next!=)