Krazy growth on spironolactone 2%

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I to like the 49'ers but i doubt they will be the "sleeper team"you talk about since half the team was either traded or a free agent.

The Gardener

Reaction score
It's easy for you guys to talk football. I live in Los Angeles. We once had two pro teams, one (Rams) that perennially sucked, and the other (Raiders) who ended up raping us for millions. And now they are both gone! You can understand the bitter taste in the mouth that we have. Personally, when people ask me why we don't have a football team in Los Angeles, I tell them that we do. In fact, we have two! USC and UCLA. Two loyal, and perennially competitive teams who aren't out to bilk us local taxpayers.

There are a lot of bad feelings here towards the NFL brass after what Al Davis did, and the fact that the NFL brass were only more than happy to let him do it. You can certainly understand why it has been difficult to get local taxpayers to subsidise anything that those cronies propose in terms of getting a 'new' stadium built. As far as we are concerned, it's all about 'Luxury Boxes' and lining their pockets. Besides, with no local team, we see more games on TV because we have no local blackouts!

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony,

The Niners kicked the sh*t out of everybody, hopefully we can win at least one ring before they break Manning, Harrison and the Edge up! Joe Montana was the MAN! I love NoCal, if I could afford a $600,000 bungalow, I'd be there in a minute, (if they would let a moderate republican in the neighborhood, ha!)

Gardener,

You are dead on, if the games dont sell out in LA you wouldnt get near as many televised games, and plus college football is the bomb, love to see a ND vs SC game in Cali that would be awesome....

Viper,

The Bills will surprise a lot of people, they always play the Pats tough, unlike the Colts who have a mental block with those guys for some reason. It will be interesting to what Travis Henry does this yr. But the days of the Colts being your b**ch are OVER.....

Late....

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
ColtsFan:

Why do you recommend starting out with the 2% spironolactone? Aren't you on the 5% spironolactone?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont know why everybody thinks the 5% is some much more superier to the 2%.......its really not.

Just the 5% doesnt smell and the 2% is way easier to apply.

the reason why they made a cream lotion is because you cant have a 2% cream..its not possible.......they had to make it 5% so it wasnt a liquid anymore.
I dont think it matters if you use 2% or 5%, just do you want it to smell or do you want to be able to apply it easier?

Titan

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
cloud said:
Thanks viperfish.
Just applied spironolactone for the first time... and the smell is actually OK (had been expecting the worst). I like the dabber too.

Hold on... I just noticed that in your regimen, you say you are taking Yasmin!? That's a bit of a surprise for me, how is that working for you? I would think that would pack along some significant side effects.

What's yasmin?

The Gardener

Reaction score
What is Yasmin? Well, hard to describe. Let me put it this way, Propecia attacks a certain chemical process in the male body that causes male pattern baldness. It only works on males because Male Pattern Baldness is caused by a slightly different hormonal process than does female baldness, and this is why Propecia is never proscribed for women. Yasmin, to put it in a nutshell, is just like Propecia, but specifically attacks the female chemical process that causes baldness in women, and would be something never prescribed for a man.

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Bryan say that 5% is more effective than 2% through this article?
http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/spironolactone.html

Also, doesn't Dr. Lee recommend the 5% over the 2%? Applying the 5% though must be a b**ch.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
doggfather,

the reason I mentioned 2% over 5% is because Im 41 and have battling this male pattern baldness thing for about 20o years or so, and my 3 brothers are all bald unfortunatley. If youre younger and you havent tried the 2% I'd give it a shot. That being said the study Bryan found that you refferenced is another reason I use the 5%.

I have more hair now than I did when I was 20, and I got that from high % minoxidil, spironolactone, copper peps., nizoral, and proscar. but if you are just starting to recede or thin, you may want to start out w/ 5% minoxidil, nizoral, and 2% spironolactone, then if need be you could add a copper peptide, if no luck maybe some revivogen or even proscar.

What Im saying is start of easy and work your way up the potency ladder, if what you are doing isnt cutting it, then you can adjust your proticol...

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
uh.... that would be 20 years not 200, and "protocol" .....not the best typer in the world

Bismarck

Reaction score
So if spironolactone (even as a topical) is a quite effective hair loss treatment, why are no big companies selling it?

djApolloCreed

Reaction score
Good question bis! Hopefully someone knows. The results seem very good based on feedback on this board, definitely some money to be made for more than just Dr. Lee.

Cassin

Reaction score
spironolactone is available to any company who wants to make a generic for it.

So that means 1 company would have to pay for FDA trials which is a massive amount of money, and they wouldn't have exclusive rights to profit from it.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
its not fda approved as a hair growth topical. Plus to get fda approval it would cost millions. Just take it from us, its a very helpful addition to your regimen if you need it....

Bismarck

Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
its not fda approved as a hair growth topical. Plus to get fda approval it would cost millions. Just take it from us, its a very helpful addition to your regimen if you need it....

How is the approval handled? If a copmpany gets an approval for spironolactone to treat male pattern baldness are they the only allowed to sell it? Or is everybody allowed because the substance is available for many years.
(I remember that Proscar is available as generic pill but Merck has still a patent for Propecia)

The Gardener

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
If a copmpany gets an approval for spironolactone to treat male pattern baldness are they the only allowed to sell it? Or is everybody allowed because the substance is available for many years.

If a company gets FDA approval that spironolactone is effective against hairloss, then that would allow them, AND ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT SELLS IT, to market it as being "FDA Approved to Treat Hairloss".

FDA approval has nothing to do with a patent, or with increased profits. It is simply the right for people to sell something with an "FDA Approved" label.

There is no margin on spironolactone, it is already a "generic" so to speak. Other companies to make and sell spironolactone, but only the 5% form. Dr Lee is the only one to my knowledge who has formulated and sells a stable 2% liquid form.

Bismarck

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Bismarck said:
If a copmpany gets an approval for spironolactone to treat male pattern baldness are they the only allowed to sell it? Or is everybody allowed because the substance is available for many years.

If a company gets FDA approval that spironolactone is effective against hairloss, then that would allow them, AND ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT SELLS IT, to market it as being "FDA Approved to Treat Hairloss".

FDA approval has nothing to do with a patent, or with increased profits. It is simply the right for people to sell something with an "FDA Approved" label.

There is no margin on spironolactone, it is already a "generic" so to speak. Other companies to make and sell spironolactone, but only the 5% form. Dr Lee is the only one to my knowledge who has formulated and sells a stable 2% liquid form.

OK. I thought it is possible to get a "indication" patent or so. I guess there are many other substances to treat hairloss out there but nobody has an interest doing studies with them because it doesn't pay off. That's capitalistic medicine.