Krazy growth on spironolactone 2%

jmco1

Reaction score
Why not 5% spironolactone?

Why aren't we all on 5% spironolactone? If 2% works, I would think 5% would work better. Also, where do you buy 5% spironolactone?

shizzel

Reaction score
spironolactone Side Effects

I looked up Sipro and it does work but one of the draw backs is the gynecomastia it causes iam not willing to take those chances. I am going to stick the the Big 3.

"it is rarely used to treat men with hypertension because of its feminizing properties, including painful gynecomastia."

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article157.htm (6th paragraph)

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
"it is rarely used to treat men with hypertension because of its feminizing properties, including painful gynecomastia."

That's only with oral spironolactone. Topical spironolactone has no side-effects because it is completely metabolized in the scalp.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Re: spironolactone Side Effects

shizzel said:
I looked up Sipro and it does work but one of the draw backs is the gynecomastia it causes iam not willing to take those chances. I am going to stick the the Big 3.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article157.htm (6th paragraph)

You quoted only half the sentence! Here is the rest of it:

"Taken orally, it is such a potent anti-androgen that, although it is an effective anti-hypertensive drug, it is rarely used to treat men with hypertension because of its feminizing properties, including painful gynecomastia. However, applied topically, Spironolactone does not have any systemic side effects."

Please, if you are going to cite something, don't cite things out of context.

viperfish

Reaction score
Why not the 5% spironolactone?

Basically because the 5% is a cream and much more difficult to apply than the 2%, which is in a liquid form. I also have heard that some users report excess shedding on the 5% and when they switched to the 2% the excess shedding stopped. The bottom line is that it is much easier to apply the 2%.

Reaction score
I'm very interested in spironolactone 2% and the lotion. I'm curious if anyone here uses it along with finastride. It seems like attacking DHT internally and topically would achieve some great results.

I'm trying to hold off on using minoxidil and I was thinking of adding spironolactone 2% to my finasteride/nizoral/cu pepptide regimen. Would that make any sense since I've already got a DHT inhibitor in my lineup?

viperfish

Reaction score
Yes I do think it would be important to use spironolactone with finasteride. spironolactone reduces DHT in the scalp by inhibiting the conversion of precursor steroids to DHT. It also reduces DHT in the scalp by converting testosterone into estrogen, which is thought to protect the hair follicle and possibly stimulate some growth. spironolactone also blocks the androgen receptor sites, thereby rendering DHT harmless to the hair follicle. Rather than reducing the levels of circulating DHT, LIKE finasteride DOES, it prevents DHT from making a complex with the androgen receptor protein. The predominant enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT in the scalp is type 1, 5-alpha reductase WHICH IS NOT AFFECTED BY FINASTERIDE..............therefore the importance of spironolactone.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Yep. Finasteride is most potent at stopping the Type 2 5AR and spironolactone is most potent against the Type 1 5AR. One does its business internally, and the other reduces DHT at the scalp. I would think a combination of Finasteride and spironolactone would be a very potent anti-DHT combination.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is only the 3rd time in the past month since i've logged in or read any post. spironolactone has been the topic with the most pages.. Hmm a calling for me i guess *orders spironolactone* :lol:

I'm glad a large margin of users are having great success by just adding spironolactone. finasteride hasn't done jack for me, I don't even have any side effects anymore. I'm going to add spironolactone by the end of the month and see what it does. *crosses finger* If I feel it works more effectivly than finasteride, finasteride is going in the garabe. I just don't feel comfortable messing with my hormones like that.

Has anyone else dropped finasteride for spironolactone and had good results? (good as in regrowth)

The Gardener

Reaction score
klaus said:
guys, your spironolactone 2% lotion are in to a alcohol solution?

gardener, see your avatar. ronaldo is a great soccer player, but he is fat now.
he is a bald, but hes girlfriend is a pretty girl.
look the links: http://www.garotadapepsi.hpg.ig.com.br/ ... s/34_g.jpg
http://www.garotadapepsi.hpg.ig.com.br/ ... s/14_g.jpg
you is a fan of brazilian soccer?

thanks for the answers

Yep.. the 2% is in an alcohol and PPG solution.

Wow.. she is hot. No surprise, really.. I mean, the guy was an amazing player. And yeah, I'm a soccer fan. I don't have a favorite team in particular, but my ex-girlfriend of many years was from Rio and she introduced me to the sport. She's a huge Vasco fan, and liked them even before they got to be really good again. So, since then, I have always had an interest in the sport and pull for Brasil in the internatinals.. that is, as long as they aren't playing my own country!

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
klaus said:
guys, your spironolactone 2% lotion are in to a alcohol solution?

gardener, see your avatar. ronaldo is a great soccer player, but he is fat now.
he is a bald, but hes girlfriend is a pretty girl.
look the links: http://www.garotadapepsi.hpg.ig.com.br/ ... s/34_g.jpg
http://www.garotadapepsi.hpg.ig.com.br/ ... s/14_g.jpg
you is a fan of brazilian soccer?

thanks for the answers

Yep.. the 2% is in an alcohol and PPG solution.

Wow.. she is hot. No surprise, really.. I mean, the guy was an amazing player. And yeah, I'm a soccer fan. I don't have a favorite team in particular, but my ex-girlfriend of many years was from Rio and she introduced me to the sport. She's a huge Vasco fan, and liked them even before they got to be really good again. So, since then, I have always had an interest in the sport and pull for Brasil in the internatinals.. that is, as long as they aren't playing my own country!

Damn she is HOT!!! For the love of God.....Also, Gardener, please do not mention the team Vasco around here. :) Flamengo is the best team and you and I both know it. 8)

Also, Im sure this was asked already, but does spironolactone cause a shed?

OUT!
Tony Montana

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Chujgcha said:
brasileirao said:
Also, Im sure this was asked already, but does spironolactone cause a shed?

Hey Tony "The Maiin" Montana,

Does da Pope like break dancers?... I am pretty sure spironolactone causes shedding main. If my shedding doesn't stop I'm going to start calling it 2% Nair. I am at the 3.5 month mark.

dfass said:
how long till spironolactone starts to work?

I started noticing some regrowth after 2 months.

Hey Main,

That sucks, I hope Propecia starts to kick ***, I do not want to go through another shed. Dude what is going on with Bolivia in Copa America?

Also, Does the Pope like breakdancing?
"Artistic talent is a gift from God and whoever discovers it in himself has a certain obligation: to know that he cannot waste this talent, but must develop it," John Paul said.

So that is a YES. :)

Aight MAIN!
OUT!
Tony Montana

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
klaus said:
brasileirao,
flamengo not is the best team, but he is my team :)
in saturday, vasco win flamengo 1x0 :-x , sh*t!
Tony Montana, Bolivia is not in a good situation in Copa America, see the link: http://www.br.terra.com/copaamerica2004/fase1.html

Fala Klaus,

Tudo Bom meu amigo? O Flamengo perdeu para o Vasco, que merda ne?:) Ahh, os dias to Zico, que epoca mais linda o Fla tinha um TIMAO!!!

Bem, na Copa America, ate que o Brasil esta jogando bem. Deu uma pequena goleada na Costa Rica e acho que vai ganhar a copa.

Um abraco,
Tony

The Gardener

Reaction score
E ai mermão!

klaus said:
in saturday, vasco win flamengo 1x0 , sh*t!

I bet my ex partied hard that night. The funny thing is that her brother is a flamenguista.. hard core. He bought a kit so his car horn plays the team hymn! And my ex, having gone to college here in the States, jokingly refers to him by dropping the 'guista' and just calling him a 'flamer'... lol.. just kidding of course. All in good fun. I am neutral, so don't kick my ***!!!

klaus

Established Member
Reaction score
brasileirao,
mas, veja bem quem fez os gols do brasil ontem. ex-jogadores do flamengo: adriano 3 e juan 1. esse é o problema dos times do rio de janeiro. falta de dinheiro.vendem os bons jogadores p/ fora do pais e ficam amargando derrotas e fracassos sucessivos. voce sabia que o fla esta na zona de rebaixamento para a segunda divisao?
isso é uma vergonha!