Koray Erdogan, Istanbul - 3070 Grafts Fue

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
why didnt you try upping your finasteride dose to 1mg to maximize its potential, before spending thousands on a 2 nd transplant?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
why didnt you try upping your finasteride dose to 1mg to maximize its potential, before spending thousands on a 2 nd transplant?

Because that’s not going to grow back a hairline or create density in the areas that were already slick bald and needed more density after the last transplant.

In the crown it may have made a difference, but considering I was maintaining on 0.25mg which inhibits only roughly 10% less dht in the scalp than 1 mg it was an unnecessary risk and unlikely to make a major difference.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Because that’s not going to grow back a hairline or create density in the areas that were already slick bald and needed more density after the last transplant.

In the crown it may have made a difference, but considering I was maintaining on 0.25mg which inhibits only roughly 10% less dht in the scalp than 1 mg it was an unnecessary risk and unlikely to make a major difference.
10% is the group average from the data set, but you don't know where you fit on the bell curve. I've seen some dramatic results from people changing to 1mg from .5mg , even Dr Koray insists all patients use 1mg instead of 0.5mg.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
10% is the group average from the data set, but you don't know where you fit on the bell curve. I've seen some dramatic results from people changing to 1mg from .5mg , even Dr Koray insists all patients use 1mg instead of 0.5mg.

This is true, but again most of the area in the frontal region that was covered was very, very removed from areas that recently had hair. There hasn’t been hair in those temple regions in 3 years and they were completely slick.

In the crown I may have had some benefits, but I preferred a transplant in that area to cover more ground, specifically so in the medium term I won’t be in a situation where I’m likely to need another transplant.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is true, but again most of the area in the frontal region that was covered was very, very removed from areas that recently had hair. There hasn’t been hair in those temple regions in 3 years and they were completely slick.

In the crown I may have had some benefits, but I preferred a transplant in that area to cover more ground, specifically so in the medium term I won’t be in a situation where I’m likely to need another transplant.

what you getting done now mate?

crown work or more hairline work?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'll bet your parents paid a lot for your transplant.

;)

Must be nice to have rich parents, you SPOILED a**h**!

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll bet your parents paid a lot for your transplant.

;)

Must be nice to have rich parents, you SPOILED a**h**!

To be fair, i don't want children but if I ever have a kid and they start balding at a young age, i'd absolutely pay for a transplant, i'm not dumping that sh*t on a young poor soul and ruining their youth

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be fair, i don't want children but if I ever have a kid and they start balding at a young age, i'd absolutely pay for a transplant, i'm not dumping that sh*t on a young poor soul and ruining their youth

Mine didn’t pay, although they did pay half of the first one.

And agreed, transplants as well as private school should be mandatory to qualify for good parenting.

Surely by the time I have kids and they’re that age we will be beyond big three and transplants though.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Mine didn’t pay, although they did pay half of the first one.

And agreed, transplants as well as private school should be mandatory to qualify for good parenting.

Surely by the time I have kids and they’re that age we will be beyond big three and transplants though.
And it's not like your transplant was a fortune. His prices are cheap enough that most guys can afford them. In my opinion, Erdogan and Rahal do great work but you save so much more money going to Turkey. Unfortunately, Erdogan said I was not a candidate at this time.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
And it's not like your transplant was a fortune. His prices are cheap enough that most guys can afford them. In my opinion, Erdogan and Rahal do great work but you save so much more money going to Turkey. Unfortunately, Erdogan said I was not a candidate at this time.

If I were you I would have waited a bit and sent in another photo set with a different email. For FUT Rahal is fairly cheap as well.

Still surprised you were turned down, there was a guy my age there with only weak temple points and an irregular but reasonable mature hairline getting 2700 grafts.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If I were you I would have waited a bit and sent in another photo set with a different email. For FUT Rahal is fairly cheap as well.

Still surprised you were turned down, there was a guy my age there with only weak temple points and an irregular but reasonable mature hairline getting 2700 grafts.
I am sure I could request a Skype and show him again but I think he feels I don't need one as I have good hair for my age. I really think that is the main reason.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure I could request a Skype and show him again but I think he feels I don't need one as I have good hair for my age. I really think that is the main reason.

If I was a surgeon with limited slots I approach the same I think. On the day I had surgery and in general at the clinic every patient I saw looked to be in their twenties.

Obviously sucks in your situation though. But other good options. Not sure how long you’d be prepared to wait or how much you can spend but I’d look into Freitas (2 years) and konior definitely. Freitas not too expensive either.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If I was a surgeon with limited slots I approach the same I think. On the day I had surgery and in general at the clinic every patient I saw looked to be in their twenties.

Obviously sucks in your situation though. But other good options. Not sure how long you’d be prepared to wait or how much you can spend but I’d look into Freitas (2 years) and konior definitely. Freitas not too expensive either.
Konior is expensive but he is the closest for me.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Is that a good sign tho? Erdogan implanting 2700 grafts on what sounds like a nw2 with weak temple points? Sounds like a massive waste of grafts

scuffedjimcarrey

My Regimen
Reaction score

awesome results man im in almost the exact same position as you, age 24 at about nw2. mind me asking how long was the wait for scheduling an appointment with erdogan? and did you do initial consultations via email or through their website and are they fairly fluent in english? thanks in advance bro

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
awesome results man im in almost the exact same position as you, age 24 at about nw2. mind me asking how long was the wait for scheduling an appointment with erdogan? and did you do initial consultations via email or through their website and are they fairly fluent in english? thanks in advance bro

A few sentence structuring issues and such but they have no issues understanding everything and are fluent. Was about 3.5 months, I did the consult on the website and the response time was about a day, by email. Check your junk mail after you send in the consult.

scuffedjimcarrey

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few sentence structuring issues and such but they have no issues understanding everything and are fluent. Was about 3.5 months, I did the consult on the website and the response time was about a day, by email. Check your junk mail after you send in the consult.

thank you so much for the info my brother. another thing - while you were healing what did you tell people who asked? i can lay low for about a month after, would my work be noticeable if its mostly or 100% in the hairline?