Koray Erdogan, Istanbul - 3070 Grafts Fue

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely now, for most including myself finasteride stops further changes after around the 10 month mark anyway. Those baby hairs won't necessarily turn into thick terminal hairs either.

I'm probably going to send pics to ASMED at the ten month mark (Feb 10) and book another run through.
I'll capture some shots tomorrow after I've washed my rug. Still going to need about 3500 grafts then :(

With the results you have though I may have to get a loan and wait for erodogan

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to stop being a nervous pussy and send pictures later when some one comes back to take them. How long did it take from when you sent the pics to get the transplant ? I'm guessing erodogan is booked for a while. Also what do you think of demirsoy ?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to stop being a nervous pussy and send pictures later when some one comes back to take them. How long did it take from when you sent the pics to get the transplant ? I'm guessing erodogan is booked for a while. Also what do you think of demirsoy ?

Seen quite a few poor Demisroy results, I think he's a bit hit and miss. Obviously a very fine surgeon though. Keser and Oztan are the best doctors in Turkey aside from Erdogan, but both more expensive.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also about a week.

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seen quite a few poor Demisroy results, I think he's a bit hit and miss. Obviously a very fine surgeon though. Keser and Oztan are the best doctors in Turkey aside from Erdogan, but both more expensive.
I think I have my heart set on Erdogan, not worth risking it to save a few bob and slighlty earlier. Just wished I didn't spunk so much money last year. I can't wait to end this sub-human existence.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
How many months were you on finasteride before your surgery? you said almost a year 7 months post op, so about 4 months?

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
i started finasteride 2 weeks post op (asmed). ive got some shock loss, so it is prob too late to reverse any potential permanent damage caused. Although permanent SL is very rare

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
i started finasteride 2 weeks post op (asmed). ive got some shock loss, so it is prob too late to reverse any potential permanent damage caused. Although permanent SL is very rare

If you aren't used to shaving your head I probably wouldn't put it down to shock loss, a lot of people assume this when its just due to lack of layering and shadowing. It's certainly possible but unlikely, finasteride is also likely to cause a shed so potentially it will get worse before it gets better.

Maybe 5 monthsish by the time I had surgery. It had already done most of the work in thickening around 3-4 and created a shed prior to the transplant.

edennn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys small update, I’ve started talking 1 capsule of avodart per day, added to my propecia that I take many years now .
Hope it will make things better until the transplant.
Share your thoughts:)
Eden

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Decent transplant, great results. Happy for you! :)

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
If you aren't used to shaving your head I probably wouldn't put it down to shock loss, a lot of people assume this when its just due to lack of layering and shadowing. It's certainly possible but unlikely, finasteride is also likely to cause a shed so potentially it will get worse before it gets better.

Maybe 5 monthsish by the time I had surgery. It had already done most of the work in thickening around 3-4 and created a shed prior to the transplant.
I'm currently taking about .125-.16mg of finasteride, but i recently read on the topical finasteride paper (polichem) that people with varicoceles were excluded from the trial. So im a little concerned about upping my dose to .25mg, do you know any this about this?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently taking about .125-.16mg of finasteride, but i recently read on the topical finasteride paper (polichem) that people with varicoceles were excluded from the trial. So im a little concerned about upping my dose to .25mg, do you know any this about this?

I don't, however in most cases the DHT inhibition to dosage curve shows an inflexion point around the 0.2 mg mark but at this level the side effects % is noticeably less than 1mg in a few studies I have read which is why I opt for 0.25mg. 0.125 may be effective to halt your hairloss but it will be likely be substantially weaker than 0.25 at inhibitng DHT. Just a quick look and I can't find anything conclusive on varicoceles and finasteride so all you can do is risk it for yourself or continue with your current dose, which I suspect is on lower than what is required by most cases to stop hairloss.

Pablo234

Reaction score
Hi Jeanluc - you seem to be approaching the 11 month mark - would you mind posting up some pics if you have any time, would be v interested in seeing your result.

Thanks

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
props for taking a lead at young age and doing what you thought would pay off.

im 24 right now close to 25, nw2-3, still scared shitless to take finasteride cuz of all the sides and kinda broke yet to get hair transplant. Erdogan is pretty damn expensive.

how r u doin?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
props for taking a lead at young age and doing what you thought would pay off.

im 24 right now close to 25, nw2-3, still scared shitless to take finasteride cuz of all the sides and kinda broke yet to get hair transplant. Erdogan is pretty damn expensive.

how r u doin?

In Turkey at this moment ready for round two