Kj's Story

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol bro you are Norwood 1 . why am i the only one who don't respond to those f*****g meds !!! i am so sad .

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a year ago I had the reputation of being the "thinning guy", and was getting called out for it on a somewhat regular basis

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
And yea, upon further evaluation, the lighting in those pics is definitely making me look closer to NW1 than I really am. A lot of those little hairs on the temple edges are vellus hairs which are just close in color to my natural light blonde

g.i joey

Reaction score
Just a year ago I had the reputation of being the "thinning guy", and was getting called out for it on a somewhat regular basis

Very solid regrowth, but the thickening is what really made the aesthetic difference. You have very blonde hair like one of my friends. I could never tell if he's balding because blonde lightish hair like that seems to take a hit depending on the lighting. But man, in some lights his hair is see through, do you still experience that with the thickening you've achieved?

Also, at this point how many months deep are you on propecia?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very solid regrowth, but the thickening is what really made the aesthetic difference. You have very blonde hair like one of my friends. I could never tell if he's balding because blonde lightish hair like that seems to take a hit depending on the lighting. But man, in some lights his hair is see through, do you still experience that with the thickening you've achieved?

Also, at this point how many months deep are you on propecia?

Been on generic finasteride since May 2016, 1mg every day

I do feel there are some wider than ideal gaps between the hairs at the front of my hairline that would probably only be noticed by norwood spotters, but are for sure more visible under bright lighting. There are a bunch of vellus hairs between them that I'm hoping to push terminal with more aggressive regimen I've started that's intended to amplify minoxidil penetration

These are first world problems at this point though, so I don't want to complain too much lol

g.i joey

Reaction score
Been on generic finasteride since May 2016, 1mg every day

I do feel there are some wider than ideal gaps between the hairs at the front of my hairline that would probably only be noticed by norwood spotters, but are for sure more visible under bright lighting. There are a bunch of vellus hairs between them that I'm hoping to push terminal with more aggressive regimen I've started that's intended to amplify minoxidil penetration

These are first world problems at this point though, so I don't want to complain too much lol

Seriously, you have no reason to worry about your hair if you maintain it the way it is. I wouldn't even consider you balding if I saw you on the streets. Ok, maybe I would cause I'm a grade A Norwood spotter, but no one else would.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously, you have no reason to worry about your hair if you maintain it the way it is. I wouldn't even consider you balding if I saw you on the streets. Ok, maybe I would cause I'm a grade A Norwood spotter, but no one else would.

lol so true about being a norwood spotter

Once you become a norwood spotter, you can never stop being one. We will likely view other people through this "lens" for the rest of our lives

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
We're just about at March, which will mark a year of me officially taking some kind of action against male pattern baldness (when I started minoxidil and nizoral)

It's been an interesting journey up to this point. So far getting on finasteride is looking to have been a great decision, the noticeable effects it has had on my life: More hair and watery semen....one is awesome and the other I can live with. I shudder to think where I would be right now without finasteride...thin forelock, NW2.5, maybe even early NW3 with the way things were starting to accelerate

I am glad I did not go through with the transplant I scheduled out of panic. It would have been a reckless and I believe unnecessary move considering what meds have brought me back to. I am hoping to induce some more regrowth with the new tools I have added to my regimen, but we will see. Looking around at others around my age, I believe at the moment I am in a fairly solid position hair wise.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been gradually building up the tretinoin usage: sometimes every other night, sometimes every 2 nights.

I think I will go to every other night and try and stick to that for a bit to see what happens

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some hairs popping up in my NW1.5 area. Whether or not they'll amount to a full on NW1.5 hairline remains to be seen

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man this new regimen does seem to be accelerating regrowth. I've basically got the shadow of a NW1.5 hairline, although I still look like a NW2 from everywhere but up real close due to my fringe being grown out. I'm almost tempted to buzz down to try and create some uniformity, but I believe I would regret this decision pretty quickly lol

My scalp is tolerating the tretinoin very well, without irritation, so I've been using it on consecutive days and will likely end up using it most every day

I'm pretty convinced right now about the benefit of increasing minoxidil absorption. I'm almost afraid to be getting excited, like I'm going to jinx myself or something as what I'm seeing seems almost too good to be true...hair appearing where it hasn't been in years

Another thing: I'm contemplating starting to put minoxidil lower down on my temple points, as near my hairline where the minoxidil is applied my temple points appear to be expanding out a bit further on my forehead than they are down lower, where I do not apply it

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll be going off tretinoin for several days, as I'm attending an outdoor wedding friday afternoon (been getting invited to all these f*****g weddings lately lol), and I may find myself hanging out under the sun for quite a while

I plan to apply it tonight and then resume it Friday or Saturday night. Everything else will remain the same

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll be going off tretinoin for several days, as I'm attending an outdoor wedding friday afternoon (been getting invited to all these f*****g weddings lately lol), and I may find myself hanging out under the sun for quite a while

I plan to apply it tonight and then resume it Friday or Saturday night. Everything else will remain the same

dude your like 28

do you even really need retin a?

isnt suncream and moisturizer enough?

just seems a f*****g pain in the arse to avoid the sun all the time to starve off a few wrinkles

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
dude your like 28

do you even really need retin a?

isnt suncream and moisturizer enough?

just seems a f*****g pain in the arse to avoid the sun all the time to starve off a few wrinkles

I don't live a lifestyle in which I'm under the sun a lot. Not really altering my life to use it. I've already done my adventuring. If I find myself living a life under the sun I'll simply stop using it

Also I'm not just using it for wrinkles, also on my hairline as a penetration enhancer

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 51707 View attachment 51708 View attachment 51709 View attachment 51710 Today I decided my hair has recovered enough to go for a much shorter length on top. Had it cut to 1 inch on top

I'm super tired of doing compensatory comb over sh*t, which I had been instinctively doing with even just a bit more length on top, so this will be a relief I believe. At the moment I am very happy with how it's looking. It's basically my hairline from several years ago before I even realized I had male pattern baldness