Kj's Story

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so lucky bro .you have perfect hair .
So you are only applying minoxidil to your hairline ? not whole scalp ?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
so lucky bro .you have perfect hair .
So you are only applying minoxidil to your hairline ? not whole scalp ?

Bro you've asked me this question before! lol
Yeah, minoxidil just on my hairline

hairline isn't perfect per say, but I get what you mean. My current situation is definitely good

so happy I didn't wait any longer than I did to hop on finasteride

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would like to do the same haircut , but my hairline keep receding .
And not doing the stupid combover i am doing right now

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
dude your like 28

do you even really need retin a?

isnt suncream and moisturizer enough?

just seems a f*****g pain in the arse to avoid the sun all the time to starve off a few wrinkles

You know I'm thinking about it, and I MIGHT go off tretinoin for the summer time, as this does seem like it could be a pain in the *** if I'm trying to enjoy outdoor summer activities

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am also applying retin a 0,5 % on my forehead since i am like 15 . And i am 24 now . it work wonder for acne . And i have strictly no wrinkles ( i know i am really young but a lot of my couterpart have fine line , even deep lines on forehead )

g.i joey

Reaction score
Jesus @kj6723 back to full head status brah. Either way the combover didn't look like any compensating considering you have a full head lol. Do you plan to style the front? I don't think you should just leave it flat like that, especially considering all the hair you have to play around with

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
back to full head status brah. Either way the combover didn't look like any compensating considering you have a full head lol. Do you plan to style the front? I don't think you should just leave it flat like that, especially considering all the hair you have to play around with

I know man it's surreal. I knew it had gotten way better but didn't quite grasp how much until this short cut

Just kind of taking it in haha. maybe within the next week I'll try doing a little spike or something

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about dropping tretinoin and peppermint oil and just sticking to the big 3, but then I had a family dinner with my good looking NW1 cousin in his 30's and my good looking NW1.5 uncle in his late 50's and had a resurgence of feelings of inferiority

Going to stay the course right now and see how much more regrowth I can force

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm dropping peppermint oil. Too much uncertainty with this stuff. It for sure does something to the skin(if you've ever come in contact with it you know what I'm talking about), but too many conflicting reports about what that is and if it's positive or negative for hair. I don't have peace of mind applying it anymore, and peace of mind is paramount in this battle

For now the only thing I'm using in addition to the big 3 is tretinoin, as we know it amplifies minoxidil effectiveness....sticking to proven stuff at the moment

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks fine especially for 27. Don't take it for granted but fight hard.i bet most people don't even notice your minimal loss

Yeah, his hair is a solid Norwood one. He is quickly going to recover all of, lucky BASTARD.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, his hair is a solid Norwood one. He is quickly going to recover all of, lucky BASTARD.

Man people keep saying this. I really don't see how I'm NW1. Hairline clearly goes back at the edges in male pattern baldness recession. Albeit much more gracefully now than before I started treatments. I know I've got bdd but I really don't think I'm being delusional by saying this

I've regrown quite a bit, but I consider myself NW2 right now, maybe NW1.75 at best. Hair in NW1.25-1.5 area is wispy and not cosmetically relevant at this point.

Looking at pics I seem to be in a similar spot to where I was around 20 years old. 28 now, 1 year into big 3 (that included a 1 month break from minoxidil). Not sure how much more regrowth to expect given I had a "mature hairline" quite a few years back. Would be nice to recover more, and I'm hoping to, but if I maintain this for the next 1-2 decades, I should be okay, and will be grateful.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think I'm safe from Norwood spotters if I wear my hair up and back like this?

View attachment 54777 View attachment 54778 View attachment 54779 View attachment 54780 View attachment 54781 View attachment 54782

It appears to be kind of straight across but thats because the length of the front kind of covers the weak hairline edges. You guys think I can pull this off without anyone noticing anything? Or should I stick to brushed forward in case a Norwood spotter is present?

Your hair looks like no problems what so ever.

I would never think you had hair loss from this photos.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the next week I have plans to bleach my hair Platinum blonde

the-place-beyond-the-pines.jpg

I am also planning to dye my eyelashes this week for the first time

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record, I stopped using tretinoin on my hair around a month ago. Since then I've been using only the big 3.

Hairline still seems to be very gradually improving. Since the initial gains I noticed, I feel like roughly every 3 months my hairline makes a gradual jump in improvement