Kj's Story

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently experiencing a massive shed I've noticed in the last day or 2. Hoping this is just a seasonal thing. Hair still thick including in my forelock which used to be a major loss area. I've never been one to count hairs or pay much attention to shedding, but this just seems to be way more than I've noticed anytime since being on treatment, reminding me of the horrible pre-treatment days when I would run my hand through my hair and watch a shower of hairs come down. Going to ride it out though and try not to freak out unless I notice there's actually less hair on my head

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're going on nearly 2 years of treatment correct? Probably just a seasonal or synchronized shred from the minoxidil. I've been on finasteride for over 2 years now and I still lose A LOT of hair in the shower and when I style my hair (to the point I wanna switch to dutasteride). Thankfully my hair hasn't gotten any worse though.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're going on nearly 2 years of treatment correct? Probably just a seasonal or synchronized shred from the minoxidil. I've been on finasteride for over 2 years now and I still lose A LOT of hair in the shower and when I style my hair (to the point I wanna switch to dutasteride). Thankfully my hair hasn't gotten any worse though.

It'll be 2 years on finasteride in May, so not quite 2 years yet. I've never been very conscious of ongoing sheds, but this one is just reminding me way too much of the way I'd shed before treatment, giving me flashbacks. It actually crossed my mind today, "damn it might be time for dutasteride", after just a couple days of this lol....goes to show how much hairloss fucks a person up psychologically. Even the faintest remote possibility that i could be actively balding again is terrifying to me. But yeah, I'm going to stay the course and ride it out. No evidence at this point that it's anything to be worked up about

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The shed that had me worried seems to have stopped already. I guess it was just part of the cycle or whatever

Well I've been doing the daily rolling for absorption thing for about 3 months now, and looking at pics I can't say it seems to have made any cosmetically noticeable difference. Was really hoping for the miraculous juvenile hairline regrowth others get from it....maybe my follicles there are just too long gone, as I've been a NW2 for a decade+. Still I think I'll plan to stick with the rolling until at least the 6 month mark

I'm going to go back to using minoxidil 2x a day, so adding back in the foam in the morning. Also toying with the idea of purchasing some RU to throw into my liquid minoxidil as an extra layer of maintenance protection, but I think I'll wait until I reach 6 months of rolling to make any big moves like that

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
The shed that had me worried seems to have stopped already. I guess it was just part of the cycle or whatever

Well I've been doing the daily rolling for absorption thing for about 3 months now, and looking at pics I can't say it seems to have made any cosmetically noticeable difference. Was really hoping for the miraculous juvenile hairline regrowth others get from it....maybe my follicles there are just too long gone, as I've been a NW2 for a decade+. Still I think I'll plan to stick with the rolling until at least the 6 month mark

I'm going to go back to using minoxidil 2x a day, so adding back in the foam in the morning. Also toying with the idea of purchasing some RU to throw into my liquid minoxidil as an extra layer of maintenance protection, but I think I'll wait until I reach 6 months of rolling to make any big moves like that

Bruh, I wouldn't bother with RU. Your hair looks great as is you don't need anything else.

TBH it seems that most people that use RU don't get any really extra benefits from it. I would try to keep your regime as simple as possible; if your hair line is of concern to you then just get a minor hair transplant.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@kj6723, You are still maintaining. Nice job.

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@kj6723 congratulations u goatfucker. I say it looking way better than before. Envious. Ur hair smhow remind me of sickboy of trainspotting 1. That's a high praise , I know but don't know why it reminded me of him.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 with naturally fine hair and low density

I have matching density now between my forelock and the rest of my hair, but yes my hair texture is very fine