Kintor Pharmaceuticals Furthers Baldness Treatment Drugs In Us And China

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. The measurement count for KX is non-vellus new terminal hair count, which is a better measurement standard than CB used in their trials. CB tested for new hair count including vellus, which is probably why the gain at 6 months was so high and people were so impressed by 6 month results, when in reality the drug was strong enough to allow some vellus to grow but nothing more. KX will certainly have better interim results then CB, it's a much stronger compound.

Diameter was not a primary end point, maybe secondary though you'd have to check.

The results will have a 10%+ increase in hair count (almost guaranteed), but remember this is 6 months. The staying power of results will be unknown.
i think CB used temrinal hair count no?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you ask them
I'm definitely not volunteering haha, just wondering if there is anyone in biotech developing a drug delivery system which can localize drugs to certain parts of the body
I think it's more complicated than what you are picturing in your head. Leave it to the big boys in white blouse.

Do you think this would cause much regrowth anyways? I would assume it's more for maintenance right?
Who knows. We've seen people regrowing on Fina and people balding on HRT. So who can predict what it will do to YOU?

OnlyTruths

My Regimen
Reaction score
for aure i am beyond Norwood 3 what kind of shitty treatment is it for who, a bunch of middled aged insecure men with mature Norwood 2-3 haielines, its not a hair loss product rhen. sadlynothing will beat finasteride until 2035 at least
How much do you charge for a reading into the future with that crystal ball of yours? Can you tell me the winning lotto numbers?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. The measurement count for KX is non-vellus new terminal hair count, which is a better measurement standard than CB used in their trials. CB tested for new hair count including vellus, which is probably why the gain at 6 months was so high and people were so impressed by 6 month results, when in reality the drug was strong enough to allow some vellus to grow but nothing more. KX will certainly have better interim results then CB, it's a much stronger compound.

Diameter was not a primary end point, maybe secondary though you'd have to check.

The results will have a 10%+ increase in hair count (almost guaranteed), but remember this is 6 months. The staying power of results will be unknown.

I was referring to Rossi 10 year Finasteride study not KX or CB trial.

I think its really early to judge long term efficacy of TAA. We just dont have enough data yet.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, Its not hard to understand. Target area hair count measures a prefixed tiny area of a few cm2. Human hair cycles asynchronously and therefore the impact on the numbers may not be related to the total cosmetic appearance. Even more so if it is in the long term. It suit best for measuring growth stims or the short term impact on hair growth.
Could you explain this again, because I completely failed to understand you.

What is the link between asynchronicity, the numbers and cosmetic appearance?

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is none sure hairs are growing asynchronously but in a normal scalp most hairs are in anagen at a given time, some in catagen and telogen. androgenic action complrtely throws off the cycling and the hairs spend shorter time in anagen, the percentage of hairs in anagen is markedly decreased. anti andeogens like finasteride can improve this and thats why terminal hair counts is important as a ratio. with longer anagen i am sure hair diamter will also increase and this makes sense, there will be more groeth signaling from the dermal papilla because it is not inferferred with by transcription of androgen downstream genes.

cosmetic appearwnce is a result of more hairs growing at a given time

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Inaccurate? And what do you think its evaluated on pics? I think its hair diameter, my man. And what you are failing to see, most of the scalp is under scrutiny, not a small prefixed area. But its pretty obvious you want to believe topical antiandrogens are useless. Maybe you are beyond NW3
Not sure what the debate is, but the measurements for this trial was actual new hair per sq cm.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not related at all to KX but as expected, proxalutamide is failing in the covid tests and the stock of kintor is on the ground.

They will have no choice but to focus on KX development. Hopefully they get over the blow and phase 3 is not delayed.

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not related at all to KX.

As expected, proxalutamide is failing in the covid tests and that is why the stock of kintor is on the ground.

The only good thing about this is that they will have no choice but to focus on KX development. Hopefully they get over the blow and phase 3 is not delayed.
Read it... Proxa is not failing. They just have wrong control group - young, vaccinated and in good health, so it does not show them if it works or not. They are pushing on FDA to give them approval to test it precisely on unvacinated older and on people with high risk of serious complications from covid.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read it... Proxa is not failing. They just have wrong control group - young, vaccinated and in good health, so it does not show them if it works or not. They are pushing on FDA to give them approval to test it precisely on unvacinated older and on people with high risk of serious complications from covid.

Yeah, my bad. I should have read it with more detail.

From the article:
This is not yet a failure of the drug, but a reading that cannot draw a statistically significant conclusion for now, leaving the company unable to deliver a result on the drug's efficacy in reducing hospitalisation, a Kintor spokesperson said late on Monday.

I still think that all this Proxalutamide for the covid is not going to give them the return they expect.
Hope i'm wrong

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is pretty much oved at this point with kintor. there were more promising and less shady options in the past and thsy still failed. public trust is lightfully anahilated as it should be with the chinese scam artists.

just think about what this means for "excellenf phase 2 results, no sexual side effects, no systemic effect, wonderful drug better than finasteride*

i predict that there will be sexual side effects with this and that it sill be nof much bettef than CB, furtunately for them, they plan a short 5month phase 3 which is fotally uncommon for this condition because it is inconclusive but good for them because they can hype if up even further. mark my words, fhis is going to be another one that bites the dust. kintor is not being honest on their public statements and that is a massive red flag

Joseph@FT

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL This FT ***** said Kintor would likely publish data in December (after literally reading and citing/linking their official press release which stated that they planned to release data in Q3, which comes well before December btw)

You guys are a hoot man :D Happy 2022 and enjoy the phase 3 news.

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but the difference is that, as we now know, Samumed by that point knew their phase III results were a bust so it's questionable if they ever even submitted them to any conference as there was zero communication from that point onward. Contrarily, Kintor is already in phase III for Pyrilutamide and is continuing with its phase II in the US, both of which I doubt they would do if their results were poor and unsatisfactory.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very promising news indeed. Only personal concern is that while I trust they can follow deadlines, it still forces me to put off other potent treatments such as OM, RU or nuclear cycles. It would just be silly to hit the kitchen sink with something safe like KX just around the corner, but not sure how long this lousy NW2 has on Finas alone. This, along with their protac better be worth the wait cause it's the last hype train I'm boarding, and it's got till next year to take off.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very promising news indeed. Only personal concern is that while I trust they can follow deadlines, it still forces me to put off other potent treatments such as OM, RU or nuclear cycles. It would just be silly to hit the kitchen sink with something safe like KX just around the corner, but not sure how long this lousy NW2 has on Finas alone. This, along with their protac better be worth the wait cause it's the last hype train I'm boarding, and it's got till next year to take off.
Do you take finasteride? Do You have sides?
If KX comes to Market would you stop taking finasteride?

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm sure when phase II results get released, group buys will start to pop-up way before phase III even concludes, so theoretically we may not have to wait until next year to get our hands on it. That is if the results are good of course.