Kintor Pharmaceuticals Furthers Baldness Treatment Drugs In Us And China

bekeero

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Suzhou Kintor Pharmaceuticals recently launched an initial public offering (IPO) in China which was met with a great response. The company is developing androgen receptor (AR) antagonist drug therapies for prostate cancer and pattern hair loss. Proxalutamide is Kintor’s AR antagonist drug indicated for prostate cancer which is currently in a US phase 2 trial and a phase 3 trial in China. Kintor plans to apply for marketing approval in China for proxalutamide before the end of 2020. Pyrilutamide is the company’s topical AR antagonist aimed at treating hair loss.

Here is a quote on the current progress of pyrilutamide from a recent media article on Kintor Pharmaceuticals:

“At the same time, the firm is also conducting phase two trials on 160 men in China and phase one trials on 30 men in the US to test the safety and efficacy of pyrilutamide, which tackles androgen-receptor that causes hair loss among men and women. Phase three trials on 600 people in China, US and Japan are planned for next year.”

inmyhead

Reaction score
Suzhou Kintor Pharmaceuticals recently launched an initial public offering (IPO) in China which was met with a great response. The company is developing androgen receptor (AR) antagonist drug therapies for prostate cancer and pattern hair loss. Proxalutamide is Kintor’s AR antagonist drug indicated for prostate cancer which is currently in a US phase 2 trial and a phase 3 trial in China. Kintor plans to apply for marketing approval in China for proxalutamide before the end of 2020. Pyrilutamide is the company’s topical AR antagonist aimed at treating hair loss.

Here is a quote on the current progress of pyrilutamide from a recent media article on Kintor Pharmaceuticals:

“At the same time, the firm is also conducting phase two trials on 160 men in China and phase one trials on 30 men in the US to test the safety and efficacy of pyrilutamide, which tackles androgen-receptor that causes hair loss among men and women. Phase three trials on 600 people in China, US and Japan are planned for next year.”

Just a bit sad, that it is going to take a while.. We will probably have CB At that point.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
A topical AR antagonist, pyrilutamide is designed to address the shortcomings of minoxidil and finasteride. It is being developed to locally block androgen-mediated signaling instead of reducing androgen level systematically. Its metabolite has substantially reduced AR agonist activity in vivo, thereby limiting its side effects. In comparison, minoxidil may trigger an allergic reaction to propylene glycol as well as orthostatic hypotension, while finasteride may lead to adverse sexual side effects.
https://www.bioworld.com/articles/4...t-to-raise-up-to-240m-via-hkex-ipo-this-month

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember this from FollicleThought, they also have a SARD in development for prostate cancer too if I'm not mistaken. Looking forward to this one.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you going to try it? The article doesn't mention anything about dosage for this drug.

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny.

I guess the moral here is do everything you can to preserve what you have until this hits the streets.

Get your micro needling game on!!!!

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the idea, mate. Save what you can and if you can restore some, why not.

Unless you want to follow the homeopathic way and lose everything while hoping for cloning to become a reality in your lifetime

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I remember this post from @hemingway_the_mercenary

6) Anti Androgens with highest potential (from highest to lowerst)
6.1 ARV-330: degrades AR with very high potency. Impossible to get however
6.2 Proxalutamide: dowregulates AR prodcution, binds with stronger affinity than enzalutamdie. Almost impossible to get
6.3 Apalutamide: Binds with 3-4x the affinity of Enzalutamide and only about 3 day half life. Expensive (500USD is per gram currently)
6.4 Bicalutamide: Highest number of anectodal stories of success for finasteride resistant hairloss. Very long half life, topical use is challending due to systemic build up. Very easy to get and very affordable
6.5 Enzalutamide: In theory stronger than Bica but lacking stories of success. Easy to get and affordable
6.6 Cyp Ace: partial agonist for the AR. Oral use can cause permanent damge to HPT Axis, some studies suggested low potential for topical use
6.7_ RU58841: Almost no success stories, heavily trialed. Not FDA approved

So Proxa topical might be working for hairloss as well? I wonder how Proxa compares to Pyri... the Japanese might be on to something as an RU alternative that is exactly potent.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
A topical AR antagonist, pyrilutamide is designed to address the shortcomings of minoxidil and finasteride. It is being developed to locally block androgen-mediated signaling instead of reducing androgen level systematically. Its metabolite has substantially reduced AR agonist activity in vivo, thereby limiting its side effects. In comparison, minoxidil may trigger an allergic reaction to propylene glycol as well as orthostatic hypotension, while finasteride may lead to adverse sexual side effects.
https://www.bioworld.com/articles/4...t-to-raise-up-to-240m-via-hkex-ipo-this-month

Common, form CHINA !!!!!!!! nothing good came from China.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
China has actually started developing some very good pharmaceuticals.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

What above statements demonstrate that the drug doesn't get deeper into the body when it's applied topically?

They say, "Its metabolite has substantially reduced AR agonist activity in vivo, thereby limiting its side effects."

Maybe it's me, but I don't understand how the fact that the "metabolite substantially reduces AR agonist activity in vivo" means that it doesn't get deeper into a person's body. Can anyone here help me with this?

Last edited:

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
So will this be out in china by the end of the year? it says get marketing approval by 2020 on the article

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So will this be out in china by the end of the year? it says get marketing approval by 2020 on the article
Marketing approval for the prostate cancer drug Proxalutamide. Phase 3 clinical trials for the hair loss drug pyrilutamide are planned for the next year.