Kintor has started Phase 3 trial in China for Pyrilutamide

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Placebo at nearly 10 hairs? Sorry but this drug is worthless. Epic fail by kintor. These results look identical to breezula. And if the results were a 6 month trial then it will probably lose efficacy like breezula did after 12.

Just make sure you don't buy any when it gets released on the market. You won't need such worthless stuff anyways.

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Placebo at nearly 10 hairs? Sorry but this drug is worthless. Epic fail by kintor. These results look identical to breezula. And if the results were a 6 month trial then it will probably lose efficacy like breezula did after 12.
I'm confused. What has the placebo (i.e. no drug) result got to do with the effectiveness of the....... drug?

Bread24

Reaction score
When are the results expected to be released for kintor? At 5Mg QID with an mean change in haircount of 22... 20 mg probably woudl have better results.
What were the results with minoxidil? Anyone know?

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When are the results expected to be released for kintor? At 5Mg QID with an mean change in haircount of 22... 20 mg probably woudl have better results.
What were the results with minoxidil? Anyone know?
20mg goes systemic

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah Minoxidil studies had placebo results hella high people should wait till results get fully released
Minoxidil is barely helpful at stopping hair loss. If this just is just as effective as minoxidil then why not use minoxidil? When you look at the finasteride and dutasteride studies, hair counts went DOWN for the placebo.

It's a tough pill to swallow but kintor is not the answer. Complete failure, as usual

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
tumblr_mddsdzWD3q1ru1wbho1_250.gif

We can never win.

Anatman

My Regimen
Reaction score
My goodness. It should be clear that we all represent a healthy skepticism here, but with your statements you are even competing with the biblical apocalyptic prophets.
1. we all know that KX will not be a cure. for me personally it will absolutely do if it will be anywhere near as good as finasteride with fewer side effects.
2. is not 100% sure if these results are real. until nothing has been officially confirmed, I'll reserve my opinion. That's too speculative.
3. We don't know if and why the numbers are so high, if they are correct. This can be for a number of reasons. perhaps this will be considered and observed in the ongoing third trial.

I will not blindly hope, nor will I blindly summon the Baldocalypse. I will wait for the results of Trial II+III. It remains exciting. And should everything fail: 2 Kings 2:23ff. Baldies need bears.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is barely helpful at stopping hair loss. If this just is just as effective as minoxidil then why not use minoxidil? When you look at the finasteride and dutasteride studies, hair counts went DOWN for the placebo.

It's a tough pill to swallow but kintor is not the answer. Complete failure, as usual
because not everyone responds to minoxidil due to the enzyme not activating in the scalp. this has a different moa to min as it blocks the ar so you'd assume the results would be more long term than min, anyway 11 people dropped out of placebo so you'd assume their hair was getting worse, anyway here is a finasteride study where placebo increased

1652480036088.png

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why are you judging a product based on how the placebo performed?

Anatman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you judging a product based on how the placebo performed?
because you want a comparison: you want to know to what extent the remedy is helpful in relation to no treatment (placebo). Since we know that hair loss is a b**ch, we assume that the hair loss will progress, i.e. the result with placebo will be worse. here, however, it has increased significantly, which is unusual and of course also makes the end result worse or more unreasonable overall. The success of KX would have been clearer if the placebo group had not had an improvement. Also, it's questionable why they had any improvement: seasonal shedding, continued use of other treatments (have heard from a few at Tressless who were convinced they were in a placebo group and therefore switched to finasteride etc.) or whatever. it remains unclear, I would say.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because you want a comparison: you want to know to what extent the remedy is helpful in relation to no treatment (placebo). Since we know that hair loss is a b**ch, we assume that the hair loss will progress, i.e. the result with placebo will be worse. here, however, it has increased significantly, which is unusual and of course also makes the end result worse or more unreasonable overall. The success of KX would have been clearer if the placebo group had not had an improvement. Also, it's questionable why they had any improvement: seasonal shedding, continued use of other treatments (have heard from a few at Tressless who were convinced they were in a placebo group and therefore switched to finasteride etc.) or whatever. it remains unclear, I would say.
Yep, I agree with what you wrote. On top of the confounding factors you mentioned, it also looks like quite a few participants in the placebo group actually dropped out of the trial; presumably they noticed their hairloss progressing. Those people dropping out would've raised the average score of the placebo group. But the person I was replying to was saying that Kintor's a "complete failure" because the placebo group improved lmfao.

Btw, you say people on tressless were in the Kintor trial? Wasn't it in China? Of the 19 placebo patients that finished the trial, some of those Chinese people are posting on reddit tressless in English? Sounds sketch to me.

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also don't see any point to worrying about the placebo group. What matters is the active therapy group.

RoryGall29

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one knows yet. AR upregulation might be a real thing and Kintor didn't want to risk it with 12 months.
Risk what? If customers find out that it's efficacy goes heavily down after 6 months no one will buy it anymore, what's the point of releasing it in the first place?