Kevin Mann vs Encyclopedia Dramatica

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway just found another video from 2013. He shills out for Regenpure here and is against finasteride, how can he be any sort of reliable if he wont address concerns like these.

"Even though that is a very effective treatment. Finasteride is not something I want to use due to its prevalence of sexual side effects." - 1:50 in the vid

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kevin Mann is a semi-outspoken white supremacist/nationalist whatever you wanna call it and he has more ticks than a stray dog. So needless to say I am not a huge fan of the guy.
But encoclypedia dramatica is a pretty vile plattform as well, where a bunch of self-righteous people basically project their political leanings to create wanted posters of other men based on half-truths. So I am not shocked at the prospect of them showing some accountability.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is if you post these links on his yt channel he will delete your comment and the comments wont be visible anymore. He constantly moderates his comments even on his old videos.

I don't get what is wrong with him. He doesn't deny side effects but claims there are no permanent side effects. I don't believe he is natural either because of the forum posts about him thinking about a cycle.

People treat him as if he has an M.D. and constantly ask him how come he is not a doctor. People should hear both sides of the argument and not his biased point of view. When he makes a new vid about something a bunch of people haven't heard about it and he is the main source of info for them. He says always ask your doctor first but its not hard to get a prescription in most places in the world.

He says DHT is a trash hormone which is retarded and he knows it. Also 2-5% side effect rate is not low risk actually. If a million people take the medicine and 2% is still a lot of people.

Also he claims in the bodybuilding thread he wasn't on finasteride at time, only on min and keto shampoo. He also claims he got bad side effects from topical flutamide but none from dutasteride.
Its funny because people were trolling him on his old videos(just look at the comments and the dislikes) and they knew he was a massive creep but now everyone treats him as a genius.
But he doesn't care much about his yt channel when it comes to money I think he has a decent job now.

I can't believe I'm wading into the offtopic community, but here goes.

I've watched this guys videos, I reserve judgement on the things people say about him because IMO it's very clear to me (my opinion PLEASE DON'T SUE ME KEVIN MANN :p) - that he has ASD, which I also do, I have been diagnosed as being on the spectrum since I was 14 years old. Honestly that explains much of his disposition, ASD is a sensory disorder and people with it who have a high IQ can be very high strung, mine when last tested was above average but nothing genius tier, I also have issues with sometimes seeming high strung and amped up. That's very much a characteristic sign of people with high IQ aspergers, especially in males as ASD seems to come with this comorbidity of having low cortisol and that makes you feel very high strung. Combine that with a bit of neuroses and a better than average intellect and you get somebody who is prone to anxiety and seeming high strung.

The guy strikes me as being intelligent but when I heard him talking about finasteride not giving him sides in his videos I was very skeptical, especially after I took finasteride myself and I basically started feeling like I was dying.

I'm not sure why he would say he didn't have sides from it after previously saying he did, I'm going to be real I feel like there are a lot of paid shill posts on youtube comment sections about finasteride from people paid to agitate against and discredit people who have told their genuine experience about finasteride not working. I tread risky ground here but I feel like the company that makes finasteride does approach people and may pay them under the table to gloss over the negatives of the drug, definitely not saying he is but, I just don't know why any man who cares about helping other men with hair loss would deny that it can fug people up so badly.

I'm not sure what opponents he has accumulated over time, I myself have pretty right wing beliefs, I used to listen to Stefan Molymeme, I agree with a fair amount of the things he says to be honest, but disagree on quite a few as well, and he's been IMO unjustly branded as a hatemonger.

As far as his characterization that DHT is a trash hormone, it isn't but at the same time for what I would describe as androgen sensitive people, it is a very annoying and cumbersome hormone to balance, and I honestly think that people with a propensity to be sensitive to DHT are prime candidates for topical estrogen use because DHT can do amazing things to your physique but it can also make your skin look like sh*t and make you lose your hair.

It's his opinion, and if I were in his place I would probably be a bit more forthright in promoting which are opinions versus my attempts at an objective hypothesis on a given thing.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the old hair loss forum he admitted he hit his parents once because of hair loss, he's overly messed up. Unfortunately the forums are gone so you can no longer search for them.

That makes me wonder how his parents treated him, not that it's a justification, but I somehow don't believe he's some Patrick Bateman who beat up his folks because he was going bald. Usually when you see domestic sh*t like that there's a back and forth history whether it's initiated as psychological abuse or physical.

resu

Reaction score
That makes me wonder how his parents treated him, not that it's a justification, but I somehow don't believe he's some Patrick Bateman who beat up his folks because he was going bald. Usually when you see domestic sh*t like that there's a back and forth history whether it's initiated as psychological abuse or physical.
He confessed that they paid for the first hair transplant or paid a fraction, I don't remember exactly. He was a big character on that forum I'm sure the old members remember his antics.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like his overall ethics he's a nice guy but fed up about hair loss just like all of us. Fights the good fight in his own way and raises awareness. DHT obviously has a benefit tho

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You like his "overall ethics"? LOL

I think the fact that despite some of his rumored behavior, he still feels a strong compulsion to provide his perceptions and experiences on what hair loss remedies work and ones that didn't.

Say what you want about him, he takes hair loss seriously, and as much as people might say he's some kind of Patrick Bateman psychopath, the guy clearly cares enough about the welfare of other men to point them in as many potentially useful directions for treating hair loss as possible.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude seriously I don't think he has bad intentions he just overvalues hair that's it.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
However I agree that I don't find his videos helpful as he tends to skip every alternative because he likes Propecia

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like another problem with Mann is the outright nasty stuff he says about bald people. I mean yeah, baldness looks terrible and claiming that it doesn't or that it looks good is delusional, but maybe not verbally attack people whom are bald? I don't really like the just shave it bro brigade either, but it's not like you choose or want to become bald, some people can't take meds or don't respond to them, or just don't want to risk it. If someone like those heard the sh*t he says, I'm pretty sure they'd feel way more depressed. I almost get the vibe that he's trying to make them feel extra bad about their situation. Chill Mann.

It's like he treats bald people like they're some other species or something. I can swear I once saw a post from him on a bodybuilding forum where he said something like "bald people can be decent people". Lol.

That must be one of the worst parts of baldness, the fact that you once had hair, but now you don't and you fall into sort of a "otherness" category.

Last edited:

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even though I don’t agree with everything he puts out. He does give some sound advice and informative viewpoints; not to mention he’s quite entertaining even I chuckle at the sh*t he says. I think he goes off on and being so pro finasteride because the PFS forum folks banned him or heavily censored/bashed him etc. and it’s mere retaliation to polarization on topic of finasteride on his part.

This is coming from someone who isn’t a stan and finasteride has fucked me over beyond just the regular digression of hair density as we age and male pattern baldness but from RH/chronic Telogen Effluvium.

If we take a look at our past, we don’t always act right and PC. I’m sure ppl with come to horrid judgement and conclusions about me that could be further from truth if they read the sh*t I put online. Lol

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's like he treats bald people like they're some other species or something. I can swear I once saw a post from him on a bodybuilding forum where he said something like "bald people can be decent people". Lol.
Its all projection because he was NW3/4 at some point and his native hair still is. Its not like a NW0 good looking guy is saying this sh*t so its more acceptable when its from a half bald guy like him.

INT

Reaction score
How did his chanel get so big? I have a feeling most of his followers are just very young guys who think he is funny because of his Jason Blaha 'jokes' and they might feel he knows what he is talking about because he... talks fast? Just like those 2 Australian doctors who somehow have become the ultimate experts on hair loss because they... wear white coats?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its all projection because he was NW3/4 at some point and his native hair still is. Its not like a NW0 good looking guy is saying this sh*t so its more acceptable when its from a half bald guy like him.
Goes to show how much hair loss can potentially mess up someone's mind I guess.

I saw an old video of his on his old channel where he lifted some weights or something, and damn he had some pretty significant hair loss going on I must say. Badly receded hairline, and the hair on top was all thin and wispy, while the horseshoe stuck out like a sore thumb. That could explain his aforementioned comments, maybe he was angry that he had been scared away from finasteride and as a result lost so much ground.

Btw, anyone knows what happened to that channel? It's completely gone it seems, can't find it. He probably just nuked it.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those two aussie docs claimed they don't have hair loss but both used and quitted finasteride. They advise viewers often the goal of finasteride is to focus on maintaining and halt the progression of male pattern baldness instead of regrowth which they were maintaining on it so why quit? Makes me question their judgement.
Who says they used and then quit? And even if they did, why would that matter?

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
They did and obviously you lack listening and reading comprehension.
You didn't answer the questions.

Why should we care whether some doctor stopped using finasteride? We want to stop our own hair loss, and there's sufficient evidence proving that taking a DHT blocker is the best way to do that.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who said anything about we? Who is against DHT blocker? Learn how to read drama queen troll.
"We" refers to the intelligent people here who follow the scientific consensus, and who are not concerned about whether some random doctors decide to get off of finasteride, for whatever reason. Yet, I'm the drama queen. Sure thing.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
You didn't answer the questions. You aren't intelligent so let's not try to speak for others.

You have an issue with one having an opinion. I didn't bring up the doctors. The problem with those doctors is they gave contradictory advices.
They could have quit for a myriad of reasons. It doesn't matter why, lmao. Just because they quit does not mean they are giving contradictory advice. Again, there's a thing called scientific consensus. Jesus Christ you're stubborn.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a plot twist, he talks negatively about Dutasteride lol because coincidentally 5ar1 is important but 5ar2 can be inhibited by the "extremely safe" drug Finasteride. How coincidental the only enzyme that we have to block to stop hair loss is the enzyme that can be safely inhibited while any other enzymes can cause problems when inhibited.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also rat studies are useless unless they are in favor of finasteride