Kevin Mann vs Encyclopedia Dramatica

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure he does it more for the attention than the money he gets from youtube. Also wouldn't be suprised if he would expand from his youtube to like consultations, patreon, etc.
Considering hes been on yt for 7 years I dont think he will. Unless he actually gets lots of viewers. Like derek tier views.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems he's making more videos and already is expanding outside hairloss topics, one of Kev's latest videos was about the corona vaccine.
That was one of the most based videos he ever made.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Did Rob even ever have hair loss? Lol
It was confirmed by two doctors. So it must be true. What are the odds of 2 doctors being wrong? LOL I see Rob cut his bangs and it looks way better and the guy has a perfect hairline. I guess he just had vertex thinning mostly.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. Rob is wrong about Type I 5AR. It is actually something that regulates sebum and probably has some other functions. Obviously, this is very much an androgenic trait, and it is likely ASSOCIATED or CORRELATED with hair loss (because if you are getting 5AR Type I activation, you likely have 5AR Type II activation, which is the one most directly linked to hair loss), but sebaceous activity is not a CAUSE of hair loss (otherwise things like high dosages of dutasteride and/or even something like accutane would completely stop hair loss). It's not a cause, and it's really not an effect either, it's just a related androgenic response when the enzyme is present.

@Descending Dog how is your sebum on your dose of 2.5mg dutasteride?

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if his nose is stuffed or something, but he have an insufferable voice in this one.
Honestly Rob may be the one selling stuff here, he still makes a better argument and appear less dishonest.

Kevin is really out of his depth when talking about Telogen Effluvium or how doctor diagnosise various hair disorders, while Rob is giving a definition from diagnosis criteria based on how it works, Kevin is stuck on the theorical definition found on Wikipedia.
There is also huge flaws in criteria and diagnosis of hair loss disorders, with clinical criterias colliding with most medical definitions, Kevin fails to acknowledge that.

It seems that even in the comment he moved the goalpost when proven wrong about Telogen Effluvium.

I didn't dislike the guy at first, but Kevin appears more and more to be one of those scientist zetetician, who rather than breaking free of their biases, revel in them and whose motivation is actually "owning" a more or less imaginary enemy rather than seeking any kind of truth.

INT

Reaction score
A guy with the worst sense of humor and the cringiest intro on YouTube vs a guy who affiliates with Paul Saladino...

At least my personal bias against either of them is equal.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
yo boi kev is absolutely someone who tells you to shave it bro, even if its only for him having better hair than you...

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah as the guy said he posted a video about it. He says they make him look bad and take it out of context but the guy is very weird. He talks very fast and stumbles all the time and has questionable beliefs.

In these 2 threads he reveals he doesn't use finasteride. And in the first he says it gave him ED. But on his channel he claims he never had any side effects even from dutasteride.

Also to this day he uses misc lingo in a non comedic setting, very weird.

All of these threads are him. Also here is his old channel which he references in his wids with busomjack in the name(see link): https://www.youtube.com/user/KevinBusomjack
Which confirms the encyclopedia dramatica post on him.

Check out the date!