Kevin Mann vs Encyclopedia Dramatica

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway just found another video from 2013. He shills out for Regenpure here and is against finasteride, how can he be any sort of reliable if he wont address concerns like these.

"Even though that is a very effective treatment. Finasteride is not something I want to use due to its prevalence of sexual side effects." - 1:50 in the vid
He seems like a nice person from his videos but very hard to put trust on him seeing all of this :/

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a plot twist, he talks negatively about Dutasteride lol because coincidentally 5ar1 is important but 5ar2 can be inhibited by the "extremely safe" drug Finasteride. How coincidental the only enzyme that we have to block to stop hair loss is the enzyme that can be safely inhibited while any other enzymes can cause problems when inhibited.
There's also the fact that finasteride doesn't just inhibit 5-alpha reductase type 2. It also inhibits type 3.

And recent research has found that finasteride also inhibits 5-beta reductase, which is a different enzyme from the three types of 5-alpha reductase. Interestingly, dutasteride doesn't inhibit this enzyme. See the following studies:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2740403/

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a bad guy. His main motivation is helping young guys be proactive about their hair loss. He doesn’t sell you things or push for subscribers like a lot of youtubers. Plus he looks like he’s in his 20s and he’s almost 40. So he must be doing something right

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I despise the way he shits on any study that wasn't a billion dollar corporate-backed years long trial with thousands of participants. That said he should be careful about being so cocky, going around shitting on various (unfortunate) groups of people such as the PFS circle, or anyone for that matter.

Some wholesome instances for reference:
A few years back he claimed he had sides on finasteride (funny when u call people overweight hypochondriac neckbeards) and he was boasting about his parents paying for his transplant in what looked like a poor-shaming discussion. Won't dig into his anti-semitic facebook post as that could've been toxic sarcasm.

Fast-forward to recent times, when that infamous article was written he promtly made a video (now deleted) addressing it. From my personal decoding of it, his entire point was:

> he was young, dumb, inconsiderate.. the usual sh*t
> EVEN if his past was to catch up and we couldn't, for whatever reason, associate with his once pedophiliac, toxic spoiled self, he would STILL be living a comfortable happy life outside of youtube... (...okay?)

So take that person, his tone, certain remarks and what's behind those details with caution. For what it's worth him putting people on finasteride early on, saving some hairlines is a good thing but for me personally, I'll source my info elsewhere, thanks.

Edit: Adjusted my views with respect to his response to this thread.

Last edited:

EffingHairlossx

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah as the guy said he posted a video about it. He says they make him look bad and take it out of context but the guy is very weird. He talks very fast and stumbles all the time and has questionable beliefs.

In these 2 threads he reveals he doesn't use finasteride. And in the first he says it gave him ED. But on his channel he claims he never had any side effects even from dutasteride.

Also to this day he uses misc lingo in a non comedic setting, very weird.

All of these threads are him. Also here is his old channel which he references in his wids with busomjack in the name(see link): https://www.youtube.com/user/KevinBusomjack
Which confirms the encyclopedia dramatica post on him.
Lmao this guy's fucked up in the head big time, for sure. What the hell did I just read...

By the way, why did they delete that "Why can't I get women" post? I wanted to read it...

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kevin Mann absolutely IMO has the aspergers, he's a lot like myself, I was diagnosed at age 13 albeit it was acknowledged that I was also exceptionally gifted in certain areas as well, he's got a very similar behavioral phenotype to my own. ASD in people who have a high intelligence tends more toward extreme anxiety and OCD tendencies rather than the typical presentation of autism which is defined by more pervasive developmental problems.

He's not fucked up, just different, and at least he's extremely candid about his anxiety about his hair loss, and from what I've seen on his more recent videos, his hair is looking great, so congratulations to him.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kevin Mann absolutely IMO has the aspergers, he's a lot like myself, I was diagnosed at age 13 albeit it was acknowledged that I was also exceptionally gifted in certain areas as well, he's got a very similar behavioral phenotype to my own. ASD in people who have a high intelligence tends more toward extreme anxiety and OCD tendencies rather than the typical presentation of autism which is defined by more pervasive developmental problems.

He's not fucked up, just different, and at least he's extremely candid about his anxiety about his hair loss, and from what I've seen on his more recent videos, his hair is looking great, so congratulations to him.
I know a couple of guys with aspergers. Very intelligent and fun to be around.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a couple of guys with aspergers. Very intelligent and fun to be around.

I think people on the spectrum are an acquired taste a lot of normies just don't get them or don't want to know (which is fine). The biggest challenge of people who are really high functioning/gifted with ASD is the extreme sensitivity they have to everything, not only is it a neurological thing, but a general awareness issue. This is why people like Kevin Mann seem like they're going a thousand miles a minute, the guy is like an overclocked computer with a thousand threads of thought going on at once.

This is why a guy like Kevin Mann and myself dig really hard and pay exceptional attention to whatever it is they care about and get to understand it inside and out. That same high motivation and high perception also results in high sensitivity. I do this with the hair and body chemistry related stuff as well as other health related issues I have. I also did it with industrial fabrication and materials science.

If a person like that can manage those innate issues they can be very interesting, engaging people indeed, and they often have a pretty wicked sense of humor as well. Sadly abuse rates even parentally, among gifted kids who have ASD is really high. I used to volunteer with my wife at an organization for kids who had ASD and there were so many parents that didn't "get it", and they'd treat their kids like sh*t because they were normies that didn't understand where the kid was coming from. They'd just think the kid was some ratbag a**h** who was being obtuse for the sake of it.

That kind of abuse has a far greater effect on kids who have aspergers than it does regular kids, and usually if they cannot undo the effects of it, you basically only see the negative presentation of ASD and not the good/interesting bits.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people on the spectrum are an acquired taste a lot of normies just don't get them or don't want to know (which is fine). The biggest challenge of people who are really high functioning/gifted with ASD is the extreme sensitivity they have to everything, not only is it a neurological thing, but a general awareness issue. This is why people like Kevin Mann seem like they're going a thousand miles a minute, the guy is like an overclocked computer with a thousand threads of thought going on at once.

This is why a guy like Kevin Mann and myself dig really hard and pay exceptional attention to whatever it is they care about and get to understand it inside and out. That same high motivation and high perception also results in high sensitivity. I do this with the hair and body chemistry related stuff as well as other health related issues I have. I also did it with industrial fabrication and materials science.

If a person like that can manage those innate issues they can be very interesting, engaging people indeed, and they often have a pretty wicked sense of humor as well. Sadly abuse rates even parentally, among gifted kids who have ASD is really high. I used to volunteer with my wife at an organization for kids who had ASD and there were so many parents that didn't "get it", and they'd treat their kids like sh*t because they were normies that didn't understand where the kid was coming from. They'd just think the kid was some ratbag a**h** who was being obtuse for the sake of it.

That kind of abuse has a far greater effect on kids who have aspergers than it does regular kids, and usually if they cannot undo the effects of it, you basically only see the negative presentation of ASD and not the good/interesting bits.
I don't think he has ASD. He shows traits that put him along somebody who has grown to be mentally ill rather than someone on the spectrum. He's got sociopathic tendencies.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of people on the spectrum who have had social integration issues seem that way though.

Trust me when I say I can be a cold motherfucker if I feel like I've been done dirty because of how I've been treated by people in the past, when you feel like there's always this pane of glass between you and the rest of the world it can put emotional distance between yourself and others that if you have been subject to unjust mistreatment, allows you to far easier do things than some people would otherwise.

That being said I do honestly believe intelligent people on the spectrum can utilize logic where their emotions might fail them to see the proper moral equation that arises and do the right thing.

From my experience working with kids and young adults who have varying degrees of severity of ASD, I've found the ones that have pervasive cognitive problems that place them below the average who tend to be the ones that are serially guilty of that, because regardless of their emotional state, their upbringing and connection to higher reasoning is just not there.

I feel like way too many normies have seen American Psycho and think they're expert profilers because some director created a hyperbolic archetype of a person that is probably nearly 1 in 50 to 100 million if that.

A lot of adult male autists are quite literally that awkward socially as Patrick Bateman, but they're not cold-minded social climbing murderers. I was that awkward at 16, and it is only the fact that I was not developmentally limited like some people who have ASD that I didn't remain that way.

The best way I can describe that aspect of it is that imagine you are from a neurological and sensory perspective, from a mental perspective hyper attuned to everything far beyond what everyone else is, it really fucks with your ability to function normally, that's what it is to be high functioning with ASD.

People like myself are like cats, you know how cats seem strange and like they're reacting to things in their environment that look like they don't exist? It's not, it's just that cats have hypersensitivity, their senses are many times more attuned than that of normal people, and so because of that you get delayed social development because of it.

People with ASD on top of the pure sensory aspect also have to deal with the fact that they constantly have a thousand things running through their head and are hyper-appraising everything because that's the phenotype of their condition. The higher their IQ the worse it is, and yeah it's very sabotaging to social development, but there's not much you can do except roll with it unless you have mentorship and acceptance.

Last edited:

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah dont worry, people like that always resurface sooner or later...
ego bruised and they quit, start talking about how much their life is affected (and most likely the lifes of everyone they ever met) as if they were relevant and then they come back when they need attention...

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
He said in his last video that he had plans to make a couple other videos. I hope he comes back because he is an interesting character. I liked his reviews of hair loss research. As for his views on finasteride, he did say that he believed that the nocebo effect caused sides and that the hair loss forums scared him off the drug. Honestly, I can relate to that. I spent 8 months hesitating to start treatment due to what I read on tressless. Heck, I'm doing .25mg a day for the same reason. Some people think I'm crazy but there is nothing wrong with having these concerns. I honestly think even a drug with the same level of effectiveness but a much smaller risk of side effects would be a major breakthrough because I think if I started treatment a year ago I probably would have had a better hairline.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Kevin came back on tressless to answer why he deleted his channel. Interesting, he does acknowledge people can get real sides from finasteride and it wasn't the guys from propeciahelp that went after him but members from tressless after the "brocolli theory" video he posted that caused a lot of commotion. Seems he won't be coming back because he fears his videos and past can affect his real life sooner or later. He didn't expect to become so popular on youtube.

Anyway I understand his decision, youtube has become a big platform almost everyone watches these days and it would be only a matter of time before someone in real life would confront him with his youtube videos and/or past. He made the right decision.
Absolute legend, he redeemed himself in my eyes.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score

Kevin came back on tressless to answer why he deleted his channel. Interesting, he does acknowledge people can get real sides from finasteride and it wasn't the guys from propeciahelp that went after him but members from tressless after the "brocolli theory" video he posted that caused a lot of commotion. Seems he won't be coming back because he fears his videos and past can affect his real life sooner or later. He didn't expect to become so popular on youtube.

Anyway I understand his decision, youtube has become a big platform almost everyone watches these days and it would be only a matter of time before someone in real life would confront him with his youtube videos and/or past. He made the right decision.
see, took him a few days...

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest; I think it sucks to see him go.

Personally I don't resonate with his sense of humor, IE, referring to bald men as "slap heads" and what not. I also found some of his comments such as "DHT is a trash hormone" to be nonsensical given what we know about it.

With that said, when you cut through the awkward mannerisms and strange humor, his videos were informative and he generally only promoted treatments with a clear demonstration of efficacy. When you're a guy losing your hair, logic can get tossed out the window very quickly and decisions can become emotional.

Without guys like Kevin around, I think of young impressionable men latching on to ideas like laser helmets and blood flow headbands only to have their hair continue to miniaturize.

Hair loss can be devastating as it is, and you only get one shot at preventing it. Having people who have experienced the same thing around to disseminate the ridiculous amount of garbage floating around on the internet is important in my opinion.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest; I think it sucks to see him go.

Personally I don't resonate with his sense of humor, IE, referring to bald men as "slap heads" and what not. I also found some of his comments such as "DHT is a trash hormone" to be nonsensical given what we know about it.

With that said, when you cut through the awkward mannerisms and strange humor, his videos were informative and he generally only promoted treatments with a clear demonstration of efficacy. When you're a guy losing your hair, logic can get tossed out the window very quickly and decisions can become emotional.

Without guys like Kevin around, I think of young impressionable men latching on to ideas like laser helmets and blood flow headbands only to have their hair continue to miniaturize.

Hair loss can be devastating as it is, and you only get one shot at preventing it. Having people who have experienced the same thing around to disseminate the ridiculous amount of garbage floating around on the internet is important in my opinion.
that isnt even humour, its just trying to be edgy and special, while being not...
that said, nothing to complain about the information he gives, i didnt watch all of his videos of course, but the ones i watched have been informative when it comes to combat hair loss and different kinds of medicine..

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score

I asked him if he could just post videos but remove comments. I'm not a YouTube uploader so it might be a dumb question.