Ketoconazole Shampoo 2% + Aloe Vera (with pictures)

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
where do you guys get Keto 2% shampoo from? any reputable website?

Also, isn't aloe gel available from drug stores about as effective as getting it from an actual aloe plant?

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
goata007 said:
where do you guys get Keto 2% shampoo from? any reputable website?

Also, isn't aloe gel available from drug stores about as effective as getting it from an actual aloe plant?

well its probally contains additives, to make it like a gel they probally use filler.

I think its best to try that leaf from the plant just to be safe.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the guy is having a laugh, he just wants people squeezing plant juice on there head.

Although Aloe Vera is known as the "miracle cure" plant, I very much doubt it will give anyone results as shown in this thread. It will probably stop any dandruff though.

I don’t know about you guys but I think if I took my missus to bed and said “hang on a secâ€￾ grabbed a plant and squeezed it on my head, well, she’d leave..

:dunno:

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
hairsucks said:
I think the guy is having a laugh, he just wants people squeezing plant juice on there head.

Although Aloe Vera is known as the "miracle cure" plant, I very much doubt it will give anyone results as shown in this thread. It will probably stop any dandruff though.

I don’t know about you guys but I think if I took my missus to bed and said “hang on a secâ€￾ grabbed a plant and squeezed it on my head, well, she’d leave..

I guess all this situation that he has been passing by is about to prove how important is to keep a clean and healthy scalp. I can't see another reason for him to get this result.

See the results of researches of the keto shampoo. They are impressive, too.

I've been using Aloe Vera for a few days, and I can say that the oil (and sebum) simply seems to disappear while you have it on the scalp. And it gives a good hidratation of the hairs, too.

Been thinking about passing it on the face, too. wow

PhoenixFly

Reaction score
lucas.renoh said:
hairsucks said:

I guess all this situation that he has been passing by is about to prove how important is to keep a clean and healthy scalp. I can't see another reason for him to get this result.

I've been using Aloe Vera for a few days, and I can say that the oil (and sebum) simply seems to disappear while you have it on the scalp. And it gives a good hidratation of the hairs, too.

Please do keep us updated, and anyone else here who tries this, you guys might be heroes!

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
lucas.renoh said:
hairsucks said:

but the sebum is needed to keep the hair strong. That means its drying your pores out then? which can make the hair brittle.

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
but the sebum is needed to keep the hair strong. That means its drying your pores out then? which can make the hair brittle.
No. I meant I almost can't feel sebum and oil on my scalp while I use it. That's why I used "seems to disappear".

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Ketoconazole can be very effective as the original poster points out - just look at the pics from the Japanese study where guys were using it more or less every day. I would attribute the results to thisand so I dont see the story and pics as lacking credibility.
hh

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
harold said:
I would attribute the results to thisand so I dont see the story and pics as lacking credibility.
hh
He claims Aloe Vera to be the main cause, because he said he started with keto shampoo later after seeing success with Aloe Vera and he had tried the keto shampoo once and had no gain.

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
KipWinger said:
where can i get the aloe plant?
We can find it almost everywhere here, in Brazil. I got mine at my grandmama's home, but I have a couple of aunts that have it, too.

If you look at specific places that sells plants, you could find out easily. Or just ask the seller if he/she knows of a place to buy it from.

The plant is named Aloe Vera. We have a picture of it here in this thread.

pippo24

Reaction score
First of all thx for sharing this topic :bravo:
But i personaly doubt that aloe is "the" cure.
For sure aloe has healing properties and some SOD activity ,but pure aloe has a very high allergic potential ,too.
I tried it once and my hole face turned red :woot: Furthermore the SODs do not work at the hair roots and aloe is not such a strong anti inflamatory as claimed here.There are a lot of substances whichare way more potent in this isue.
Concerning Ket:
2-3 times a week is absoloutely enough-Ket is working about 48h in the scalp.Personaly i´m not a big fan of Ket.
Ket is an potent anti inflammatory agent and has some anti androgenic properties but it´s quite harsh too hairs and scalp and there are a lot of people who started shedding due to ket(Shedding is a know side effect of Ket)I
I think PO is the better alternativ.

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
pippo24 said:
But i personaly doubt that aloe is "the" cure.
Well, there's no cure for Androgenetic Alopecia yet.

I'm using Aloe Vera on the face, too. I haven't had any allergy (guess most people don't either?), but I focus on the scalp.

See, it's important to notice that no one here is saying that using Aloe Vera will give you any regrowth. I only put this case here because, as this guy, some other people may have the same problem as his (scalp problems), and can get some result with this association.

About keto shampoo and anti-androgenic properties, the researches don't say it absolutely if you read correctly. They propose this effect, as they are not sure about how it really works on Androgenetic Alopecia. Ketoconazole is known as a good anti-androgenic only on high dosage, and considering it on 2%, a shampoo vehicle, and being kept only some minutes on the scalp and, going further, from 2 to 3 days/week, it's really hard to associate it as an anti-androgenic for the hair follicles. But, for sure, the association with the scalp problems and Androgenetic Alopecia is a real fact, and keeping a healthy scalp will help you in getting some regrowth. You won't see anyone with a f...... up scalp having any regrowth.

You might have some improvement with this association or not. If you wanna try, that's ok. If you don't wanna try, that's ok, too.

I wish success to you and everyone here with this boring thingy named Androgenetic Alopecia. :punk:

lucas.renoh

Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
My friend said the guy lied! its all a ploy he works for an Aloe Vera plant in Brazil. :(
lol. Who's your friend?

Man, you can find this plant everywhere, don't have to buy anything.

I don't give a rat *** if people don't believe him. If you have scalp problems and want to try, that's ok. If you don't, just don't try.

I'm not sponsoring anything, and if this guy wanted to do that, he would recommend people to buy an extract of the plant. There are a lot of extract sellers that sells it, and it might be good, too, but you can use the plant itself. Think about it.

But maybe you are just a troller? Guess so.

I gave all the information I had. That's all, folks.

Wish you all the best.