Ketoconazole Shampoo 2% + Aloe Vera (with pictures)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
The next exciting treatment is to put horse piss on your scalp for major regrowth!

moter

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
The next exciting treatment is to put horse piss on your scalp for major regrowth!

Okay, I'll certainly give the horse piss a try.

But seriously, has anyone had success with aloe vera?

I added it to my regimen, and like the way it feels on my scalp. I'm not sure it's working, but I'll keep using it anyway.

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started experimenting with aloe vera gel/minoxidil foam on my right temple. I have been doing it for about 2 and a half weeks. I was on propecia for about 3 years back in the day. Anyway, Im only applying it to my right temple that way I can compare it to the aloe free left one. I dont know if it was the minoxidil/ aloe but i got two terminal hairs that just came in on that side. Too early to tell. Dont go out and buy a cr$p load of aloe plants yet. I am going to test it for another couple of weeks. I'll keep everyone updated.

moter

Reaction score
The vellus hairs seem to be thickening. I don't know how much the aloe has to do with it since i use the big 3 as well.

I have a really oily scalp (especially in front and corners where it's receding) and the aloe seems to dry it up. That area of my scalp just feels healthier after aloe. I'll keep using it and someday post my success pictures.

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so has anyone had any luck with the Aloe Vera, treatment? I'm thinking of adding it to my regimen.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
jh said:
TonyTheTiger said:
jh said:
"but i've never seen results like that before from just nizoral. i've never even seen any visible thickening from nizoral alone from anyone, let alone growth like that."

Have you seen the regrowth pics from topical ketoconazole? Look here and scroll down:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... adid=68440
"thats the lotion not the shampoo.

lotion absorbs better t hen shampoo."

Right. But it is still 2% keto and one of the guys only applied it while showering.

And even with the shorter contact period with the skin when shampooing, there is still some absorption - people get regrowth from Dr. Proctor's shampoo.

I don't know why members are calling this guy a liar when he claimed to have used a proven treatment (one of a handful) and claims noticeable results - it's not that great a stretch.

As far as I can tell most of the guys only applied the lotion while showering. The one who had the best results was mentioned specifically as applying it immediately after shampooing. For all I can tell that means he shampooed, put on the lotion, waited 5 mins and then washed it off. The guy who grew hair, stopped treatment and lost hair and then started and regrew hair again used it during shampooing. The researchers speculate that the detergents in the shampoo help it to get deeper into the skin then it would otherwise and they discuss the treatment as being "topical ketoconazole with shampoo can be effective". It might be clearer in the original Japanese article but I would not bank on the lotion absorbing better than the ordinary shampoo.
hh

coop

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this site and I found this thread because I did a google search for Aloe and hair loss so I registered here b/c I figured some may want some feedback. Just a quick summary, I started losing my hair in the crown area at about 22 years old or so. Then I started seeing some thinning in my temples at about 25 or so. My crown area is pretty bad and was getting worse so I looked into Rogain and started using a bunch of other crap.
Anyway I have been using Dr. Lee's Xandrox for over two years now with minimal results and am also using his shampoo again with minimal results.
My scalp has itched for as long as I can remember and I have always had a weird feeling that my male pattern baldness was due (at least in part) to the constant excessive itching from about 20 years or so. I have no family history of male pattern baldness and even though my hairloss looks like classic male pattern baldness it seems to always itch the most on the very edge of where the hair begins. I actually have a big scar on my crown from where the original itching and scratching started when I was a kid. Dematologists gave me everything in the book and every type of shampoo and absolutly nothing seemed to help. I had a biopsy done on my scalp to see if I had psoriasis or something else to help figure out what would control the itch. The testing came up with absolutly no answer.
Somehow I decided to put some Aloe gel that I always used for sunburns on my scalp. I got this stuff from the grocery store and it also contains vitamin E. Almost immediatly the itching decreased and this was really no surprise to me based on the common sense that aloe helps to sooth the skin. I kept up with this for several weeks because I felt if I could help control the itching I could help decrease the inflamation and irritation to my scalp and hopefully get a few hairs to sprout back up. To my surprise after maybe about two months I noticed some regrowth. I shaved my head about two years ago to help ragain some confidence back and if I look in my mirror I could always see the beginning of my bald spot pretty well without having to tilt my head too far forward. But now I noticed that it was getting hard to see that section even if I did tilt my head forward. Overall my spot has seemed to reduce by I'd say roughly 10%-15% maybe?? Obviously this was very exciting especially after seeing basically no results from Xandrox and everything else. My itching is much less now and I just recently purchased an actual Aloe plant and have been using the real stuff for only 3 or 4 days now and am very excited to see if it makes an even further difference.
For those who may want to know I am still using Dr. Lee's shampoo since it seems to be a very well made shampoo and I figure I'll take whatever help I can get even if only for prevention purposes. I am also still taking the Xandrox since I am afraid that I may have had a minimal amount of regrowth from it (although I couldn't really notice any) and am afraid to stop and lose even the smallest amount of hair. I am using the 5% Xandrox only once a day now. I was using the 15% at night and the 5% during the day and actually noticed I was losing some facial hair on either side of my jaw line. After several weeks of dropping down to 5% once a day that facial hair is almost completely regrown back. Anyway I'll post something else after a few weeks if I have any further results as I'm sure some may want to know. So far the only growth I have noticed was in the outer edges of the crown area but nothing in the middle of my actual bald spot. So the spot seems noticeably smaller. I'm not sure if everyone who loses their hair experiences a lot of itching, like I said I have had bad itching since early childhood, but for those who do you may want to give Aloe a shot. It's very cheap and you really have nothing to lose. Sorry for the long post.

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using aloe vera gel applied to the temples twice a day morning and night because i had read from various sources o nthe net that its the oldest known remedy for hairloss! and reckoned there must be some truth in it somewhere! Have been using it for 3 months, however i would say that you would need to use this for 6 months to a year like anything because your fortifying the hair follicles and this as we all know is a long process, so im dubious to say if this has made any tangible improvement although i must say it oes wonders for your skin!! as any excess i just plaster onto my face! Its a great placebo if anything. i have had a few terminal hairs sprout up 1 cm forward of my current hairline which look odd but im unsure whether this has been helped by the aloevera gel because i was using propecia for 3 months and have been off it for 1 week because my prostate gone loopy i have all the syptoms of postatis but i wont go into gory details im just gutted i cant use it any more, as im sure i was seeing a change for the better!

penguin74

Reaction score
I have been using Aloe Vera gel for nearly 4 months and I actually am seeing some regrowth on the crown, and I thought it was hopeless. I now use it in conjunction with tinctures of cayenne, lavender, green tea, ginseng and saw palmetto. I put a few drops of each (about 4 or 5) in a base of aloe vera gel, in a glass, then with a pastry brush, mix it all up and apply a bit all over the scalp, then massage the scalp for about 5 minutes. This exact method I have used for about one month only, after my shower in the morning, but for the past 6 months have been taking my daily multi-vitamin (New Chapter - One Man's Daily), L-Lysine and fish oil capsules, Saw Palmetto and taking my 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in juice every morning.

I shampoo my hair once every 2 weeks with JASON stuff (no Laurel Sulfates).

It's weird because once you start seeing very minimal regrowth at these early stages, you get overly hopeful but have to remember to be patient and hope it flourishes from there, although it's very exciting. The cowlick (which I haven't seen in 10 years!) is starting to take shape again with hair, and overall seems like the balding crown area is closing in with new hairs growing in from the outer edges, slowly but surely.

Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs is the best)
Aloe Vera Gel (I highly recommend Lily of the Desert, it is pure with nothing added, they have it in most health food stores)
Coconut Oil
Essential Oils/tinctures like cayenne, saw palmetto, sage, peppermint, lavender, ginseng and gingko......

The above can do wonders I'm sure but you have to be patient.
Eat well, sleep well, daily scalp massage (push and pull and NOT just rub with fingernails)

All this to say that yes, I believe in Aloe Vera gel and juice.

lookhowshiny

Reaction score
What the hell. I've liberally applied it and just left for the night (bought 'the purest gel ever' and 'maximum power juice' from Holland&Barret. I've never, NEVER had SO much dandruff as this morning. And I have a short haircut.

Shawnab

Reaction score
My parents had the plant, picked it up yesterday just to try it out, adding it to my regiment.. I aint not scientist so I will just go through trial and error.

On a side note, applying this stuff feals really nice and it perks my hair up like a gell, really showed me the success I have been having with minoxidil and finasteride lately..

G

For the people who have started trying the pure Aloe Vera gel on their scalp... well? What has happened? please update us all.

I am only interested in pure Aloe Vera gel, not Holland and Barrett solutions with many added chemicals.