Ketoconazole Shampoo 2% + Aloe Vera (with pictures)

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
[quote="ripple-effect":3joxzcd9]I just realized ...Dr Lee's spironolactone already has aloe vera gel in it.... :shock:

I might try that on my temples as I'm not getting much joy with the big 3. My main concern is I become dependent on yet another snake oil... :thumbsdown:[/quote:3joxzcd9]

Don't try it.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
[quote="ginger-uk":2umfxerx][quote="ripple-effect":2umfxerx]I just realized ...Dr Lee's spironolactone already has aloe vera gel in it.... :shock:

I might try that on my temples as I'm not getting much joy with the big 3. My main concern is I become dependent on yet another snake oil... :thumbsdown:[/quote:2umfxerx]

Don't try it.[/quote:2umfxerx]

You sound confident in that!?

Also how does the gratefruit juice help?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
spironolactone made my hair loss worse. Grapefruit increases potency of finasteride(& other drugs) by inhibiting certain digestive enzymes your stomach produces so that more of the drug goes through your system. Don't forget to post your own regimen.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
My current regimen is.

Rogaine Foam morning and night
Nizoral 2% Shampoo twice a week
Proscar 1.25% every evening
Lots of vits, mins and fish oils.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ripple, did oral or topical thin your hair? how do you feel it had this effect it?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Topical....you must be crazy if you think I'm gonna use oral spironolactone...I'd rather go bald :shock: When you apply it...it has something in it that makes your hair temporarily look thick, but after a few hours your hair looks worse than before you even applied it. I wonder what idiot came up with the idea of applying spironolactone on your hairline/temples. I've searched threw hundreds of posts and could find not one that said that it actually worked.....just mainly people who claimed they were going to try it or people who weren't sure if it was doing anything and some that said it made their hair worse. Topical spironolactone should be scratched off everyone's list. :youbet:

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
some guy said you can prevent balding by applying the spironolactone to the taint area near the prostate or the nizoral lotion so it absorbed directly to the prostate? is this true?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this guy cloud on HLH used spironolactone and it really seemed to help with combo on minoxidil http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/cloud/

also Kielmck here said its helping. I just want something to add to my regimen of finasteride and minoxidil. I have some prox-n but it seems like spironolactone realy might help block dht. Did you use it with minoxidil as well? was it the cream or the solution?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that is to say, did you use spironolactone cream or the liquid? not minoxidil cream

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
this guy cloud on HLH used spironolactone and it really seemed to help with combo on minoxidil http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/cloud/

also Kielmck here said its helping. I just want something to add to my regimen of finasteride and minoxidil. I have some prox-n but it seems like spironolactone realy might help block dht. Did you use it with minoxidil as well? was it the cream or the solution?

That's retarded. He needs to show pics comparing just minoxidil pics with minoxidil + spironolactone pics because how else would you know that spironolactone is even doing anything. IT could be just the minoxidil. Seeming and knowing are two different things.

Kiel wasn't sure spironolactone was helping either. IF you didn't know already...he stopped spironolactone cream...not b/c he didn't think it was working, but b/c it was giving him a rash. So he's just using the foam now + the liquid.

I used the spironolactone cream ....I noticed it worsening my hair line. I also used the spironolactone liquid twice a week ...don't know if it did anything.

-rp

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
Dogs3 said:

That's retarded. He needs to show pics comparing just minoxidil pics with minoxidil + spironolactone pics because how else would you know that spironolactone is even doing anything. IT could be just the minoxidil. Seeming and knowing are two different things.

Kiel wasn't sure spironolactone was helping either. IF you didn't know already...he stopped spironolactone cream...not b/c he didn't think it was working, but b/c it was giving him a rash. So he's just using the foam now + the liquid.

I used the spironolactone cream ....I noticed it worsening my hair line. I also used the spironolactone liquid twice a week ...don't know if it did anything.

-rp

has spironolactone even been proven? I dont get why people even bother its just untested and seems to worsen many people.

why not stick to finasteride, minoxidil, or try something like aloe and nizoral?

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
I will choose to stick to minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral and add aloe vera...

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
Dogs3 said:

-rp

Well spironolactone certainly did not hurt Nightline that much is for sure...But i'm on the liquid spironolactone right now plus minoxidil and finasteride...Dr. Lee says it doesnt cause shedding so you must have had a bad reaction to it somehow. Im hoping not for regrowth because of it but to help maintain.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SHORTHAIR said:
anyone know a site where i can get the 2% :) :) :( :shakehead: :hairy: :hairy: Nizoral

No. But in the UK we can buy it of the shelf at Boots in the shampoo section. I'm sure you must be able to do the same where you are.