Kerastem Receives Conditional Approval from FDA for Alopecia Trial

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are there more testimonials and photo evidence of this working? 10,000 EUR is a stack of money. If there was real proof of this working I'd go get it, though.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I really doubt it. AFAIK, they've already done clinical work in Japan so with their new laws, we could be looking at just 2-3 years... or sooner. USA is a complete joke, so yeah, 10 years with the FDA's bullshit regulations.... the FDA doesn't give a fuck about your physical or psychological health.

What about Spain? Is this already available there?

http://www.svenson.es

- - - Updated - - -

The Spanish website only mentions hair systems and micrografts, so it's probably not available yet...

http://www.svenson.es/soluciones/alopecia-avanzada-hombres/

weepysad

Reaction score
The before-after picture above looks great! However, I wish people would realise that in order to really get a better comparison, the hair length should not differ. You always have before pictures with short hair and bright lighting, where as the after picture has considerably lenghtier hair and conveniently dimmer lighting (fortunately, not in this case).

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
It's commercially available in Japan and EU.

The EU is a huge territory. Is it just Spain or is it also available in other European countries?

I am really excited about Kerastem. This has to be the best baldness treatment ever!

- - - Updated - - -

MW. I dont live in Madriid but I'll try to get a phone conversation with them.

Great! Tell us all about it, then.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

Great! Tell us all about it, then.

Persons on phone have no idea about kerastem in Spain. They said that exist this treatment but it is necesary visit them to know about it, ..., very confusing

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone is talking setipiprant and we haven't even seen a single photo. Kerastem has to be the most promising new treatment, we should focus more on this. If these photos are genuine, I am more than willing to pay 10,000 euros.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
keeping fingers crossed... after more than 7 years of losing hair I am getting really tired of this fight

dfunk1130

Reaction score
I got around to translating the clinic in Japan's website a few weeks ago and I remember reading that they pretty much state that the procedure works a lot better on people take finasteride, I'm almost positive the guy who had the crown regrowth was said to be in finasteride.

clearsky

Reaction score
Anyone have more information? Studies would be very helpful. I am willing and able to fly to Japan to get the treatment - assuming it will be cheaper there compared to Switzerland given the differentials in exchange rates and cost of living. Certainly would report back with a detailed log.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
There are already clinics offering this in the US and there doesn't seem to be anyone talking about them so i am not sure why everyone is going crazy over Kerastem specifically. One of the clinics is in North Attleborough, MA - http://www.nehair.com/stem-cells - (774) 643-6126
The process they describe seem to be identical to Kerastem (basically stem cells derived from adipose cells injected into scalp) - they have one test case with photos on the site which is quite impressive in my opinion. Anyways, there are no mentions of costs but they seem to offer it to inquiring patients so i am sure they would be happy to give a quote?

nehair is AAPE I believe.. KeraStem isn't available in the US if it were I'd be there.

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
Kerastem trial

I'm the first recipient of Kerastem injections for the US trial.

Got it done about 10 days ago in LA. I'll setup a thread shortly to log my experience, show pics, etc...

Kerastem is currently only available in Switzerland, Japan and Spain. No US clinics offer it yet.
It's not just fat cells injected... they also have growth factors they inject. The two work in conjunction and it's proprietary.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some news here:

http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog...eatment-style-trial-reach/?platform=hootsuite

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
dear hellouser, would you recommend a therapy with kerastem right now and do you know how much bucks it is? switzerland is not that far away from my home town.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
Is Kerastem something to be excited about? I can't decide. Their study showed some increase in hair count after a single injection, maybe several injections would yield better results? If it is already available in Spain and Switzerland, I wonder if anyone from here or other sites is experimenting with it.

"The authors (Drs. Perez-Meza, Ziering, Sforza, Ball, Krishna and Daniels) performed a single scalp injection of Kerastem’s regenerative cell enriched adipose tissue in 9 healthy hair loss patients, and a total of 6 patients were followed for a period of six months using global photography and macrophotography with the Handyscope and Trichoscale Pro software used to quantify hair growth. The authors reported a 100% patient response rate to the Kerastem Therapy at 6-months and in patients with early stage hair loss, the percentage increase in hair count/density was a mean difference of 17% (p = 0.02). In males with early grade loss, an average 29% increase (p=0.057) in hair count/hair density with a mean difference of 40 hairs per square centimeter was observed."

The study sample however is too low, and it was done on patients with early signs of hair loss. What I really respect in Samumed is that they are not afraid to enroll a huge number of advanced norwood patients to see if their treatment really works.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol.. Worth it to drop current regiment for 6 months to maybe be considered for this trial to maybe not becoming a placebo for a maybe treatment? Can't do it.