Kerastem Receives Conditional Approval from FDA for Alopecia Trial

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Their site says it's already available outside of USA, does anyone know how much it costs?
I am trying to find out. I have spoken to Eric Daniels from Kerastem and he assured me that the two clinics in Europe (Spain and Switzerland) both can administer this treatment. I have flagged up to him that neither of the clinics have it on their website, however, he has said it is relatively new and that it is best to give them a call - while also keeping an eye on the progress in the US.I am planning on calling the clinics this week, as I live in London, and hope to get more information about price and other things, and will post any details I can obtain.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find out. I have spoken to Eric Daniels from Kerastem and he assured me that the two clinics in Europe (Spain and Switzerland) both can administer this treatment. I have flagged up to him that neither of the clinics have it on their website, however, he has said it is relatively new and that it is best to give them a call - while also keeping an eye on the progress in the US.I am planning on calling the clinics this week, as I live in London, and hope to get more information about price and other things, and will post any details I can obtain.

thanks for your effort , I appreciate that man , they may need more time to get establish , thats a great news and I'm optimistic about it . the result was awesome!!!!

Manchboy

Reaction score
So this only has phase III trials to complete? anyone have an estimate completion date/year?

Also if this is already available in spain, can anyone from Europe opt to get this treatment?

Reaction score
thanks for your effort , I appreciate that man , they may need more time to get establish , thats a great news and I'm optimistic about it . the result was awesome!!!!
No worries, I am happy to try and find out more as obviously it would also benefit me to have this treatment :) The Madrid clinic is unavailable at the moment and their number doesn't even ring, and upon emailing them I received just a generic reply saying they are on holiday and would try to get back to me whenever possible.Also, this treatment seems very similar to one that is already offered in the US (http://www.orangecountyhairrestorat...apy-hair-loss-treatment.html#collapsefourteen). Not sure if that is something anyone has looked into before but the results there seem relatively promising?

Saint-Loup

Reaction score
The 2015 ISHRS will be held on Sep9-13

http://www.ishrs.org/sites/default/...ledProgram_ISHRS-2015Chicago-web-06-26-15.pdf

This is the link to the itinerary, but with a quick glance I couldn't see if there is anything being presented by Kerastem, but then again I just quickly glanced
yes, page number 8. Thursday September 10, 11:02AM-11:09AM 7 Hair Follicle Stimulation by Stromal Vascular Fraction Enhanced Adipose Transplantation in Baldness David Perez-Meza, MD, FISHRS
http://www.spainhairtransplantation...-will-speak-about-a-hair-loss-research-study/

BTW the guy from hairlosscure2020 seems to be very hopeful with this technique.
He quotes a study where they notice a growth of 40% in hair count and 41% in cumulative hair thickness in only 6 weeks!​http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/kerastem-technologies/

Results: Our early experience demonstrates an encouraging
trend in 6-week trichoscan parameters, showing an average
of 40% increase in hair count along with a 41% increase in
cumulative hair thickness
http://www.ifats.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IFATS-Program-Book-2014-11-5-14-FINAL.pdf

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
No worries, I am happy to try and find out more as obviously it would also benefit me to have this treatment :) The Madrid clinic is unavailable at the moment and their number doesn't even ring, and upon emailing them I received just a generic reply saying they are on holiday and would try to get back to me whenever possible.Also, this treatment seems very similar to one that is already offered in the US (http://www.orangecountyhairrestorat...apy-hair-loss-treatment.html#collapsefourteen). Not sure if that is something anyone has looked into before but the results there seem relatively promising?

Thanks again , I look at the link , Kerastem still look more legit to me :) DR.WILLIAM offers LLT and minoxidil and also Stem cell therapy , the pictures are not very accurate and didn't catch my eye, But again thanks a lot for your suggestion and I would wait to see if it will be available in U.S , My only question if its for Alopecia so can
we get result as male pattern baldness suffers ? In the trail picture the guy looks had a male pattern baldness also !

Reaction score
Thanks again , I look at the link , Kerastem still look more legit to me :) DR.WILLIAM offers LLT and minoxidil and also Stem cell therapy , the pictures are not very accurate and didn't catch my eye, But again thanks a lot for your suggestion and I would wait to see if it will be available in U.S , My only question if its for Alopecia so can we get result as male pattern baldness suffers ? In the trail picture the guy looks had a male pattern baldness also !
Well, based on the Kerastem website it should be as this is what they say - "Phase II clinical trial of 70 patients suffering with Androgenetic Alopecia". So I imagine it would be applicable for male pattern baldness. Based on the links to clinics that already offer it, the Japanese clinic already has a dedicated section and shows some before and after pictures of re-growth and also some charts about the efficacy of the treatment. Unfortunately, I do not speak Japanese so cannot say with certainty what it says - would be great if there was someone on the forum who does speak Japanese to translate some of the material. Hopefully the European clinics will soon do the same, as I would definitely be interested in getting this done ASAP.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
This is after only one treatment:

ba-kerastem1.jpg

If these photos are real (and they seem to be) this is amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

No. Aderans folded because the pigs at the top of the corporate ladder thought it'd be better to continue selling wigs. Aderans treatment DID work. No, it didn't fully reverse hair loss, but it DID to some degree (1-2 norwoods AFAIK) along with complete halt of further hair loss. I'd pay a LOT of money for that alone.

Well said, Hellouser.

Capitalism and corporate greed showing their ugly faces again. And cases like these are extremely common.

Yes, they're running a business, and yes they invest billions in their products, but they're also depriving humanity of effective treatments.

- - - Updated - - -

http://kerastem.com/
Just above the pictures there are the names of the clinics where it's available (Swiss, SPain and Japan)

Excellent tip, thanks!