Kerastem Receives Conditional Approval from FDA for Alopecia Trial

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should suggest it to them, i feel like we all really need to be more proactive on this forum (me included), we dont have some big budget or science on our side but we do have a voice, a collected voice at that, we should start suggesting what we think its the obvious thing to do to companys that dont make any sense, if they dont listen or do anything.... big deal at least we tried its better then sitting and waiting. Maybe we could get a group together for things like this and volunteer to be test subjects

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I have spoken to the docs about doing the clinical trials. They do mini liposuction so you have to have a bit of fat if you are going to do this procedure overseas. They have a 100% success rate, and so far, the earliest trial on a human was performed 2 years ago and the individual still has all of his hair that was strengthened from the single injection. I wish they had some images of this.

Also, there are clinics who already perform this (not under the name of Kerastem). I will know which one of them is, and I believe it is 4-6k. I'm really contemplating doing this, but I also came across this clinic in USA who claims to do the same thing

http://www.nehair.com/stem-cells

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, there are clinics who already perform this (not under the name of Kerastem). I will know which one of them is, and I believe it is 4-6k. I'm really contemplating doing this, but I also came across this clinic in USA who claims to do the same thing

http://www.nehair.com/stem-cells
I was in contact with nehair. They wanted to do a Skype interview. 4-6k is to expensive. I guess if we had solid results it might be different.
Would be cool if we could do a group fund so we could get our own opinion. These photos that are out there I don't trust.

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you get any scars from the kerastem procedure? (more specifically from the liposuction)

Last edited:

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I am really excited about this one. Is it already available in Spain? I believe there were two HairLossTalk.com members that tried to contact the Svenson Clinic in Madrid but didn't get any information.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not too fond of the 'tissue collection' part. So, they remove fat from your belly and inject it into the scalp? How much fat do they remove?

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I am really excited about this one. Is it already available in Spain? I believe there were two HairLossTalk.com members that tried to contact the Svenson Clinic in Madrid but didn't get any information.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not too fond of the 'tissue collection' part. So, they remove fat from your belly and inject it into the scalp? How much fat do they remove?

2 cups worth, that is what I was told by the doctor. So you have to have enough fat. I'm in contact with one of the clinics that are doing this.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
2 CUPS? That's a massive liposuction. I seriously doubt that can be accurate.

Well, she said "As we need a small amount of fat tissue, less than 200ml," but I said what does that translate to and she said almost 2 cups but maybe that is just a bad estimation, the real number is 200ml. Can anyone give an idea of what 200ml of fat looks like?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just share what I know about this, they already perform this at Belprime clinic in Serbia. This is what I have been told over email, but i've also been in contact on the phone.

"Process is identical to Kerastem’s one as we are also using Celution 800/CRS device (Produced by Cytori Inc., San Diego, USA) for cell isolation. It is not a PRP nor Acell treatment.
This is a treatment with ADRCs - Adipose Derived Regenerative Cells and we have been successfully performing this treatment for more than 2 years, mostly in men’s alopecia.
As we need a small amount of fat tissue, less than 200ml, there are no side effects except bruising and slight pain in the treated area. If pain exist, one pain killer is enough to stop it but bruises need a few days to heal.
After getting ADRCs, the surgeon applies purified fat tissue mixed with cells under the skin with a blunt cannula. This causes no pain and usually, no swelling after the procedure.
The procedure takes about 2,5 hours and we use local anaesthesia with sedation.
You would need to be here at least 3 days for the procedure. All follow ups can be done via Skype or email.

Treatment costs 4,500 euros and it includes following:
- transport from and to Belgrade Airport
- consultation and the whole procedure including the medicines you have to take after the surgery
- one night stay at the clinic and 2 nights in provided accommodation (hotel or apartment near the clinic)"

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One can of coke is 330ml. 200ml to me seems like a lot but then again the number of cells as a percentage of the fat tissue is probably going to be low. So I guess if you are lean this is a no no.

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are lean just bulk up lol.I just hope it's not snake oil. Being bald and fat would not be fun.

Also, if they have been doing it for 2 years, they should have some pictures by now...

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are lean just bulk up lol.I just hope it's not snake oil. Being bald and fat would not be fun.

Also, if they have been doing it for 2 years, they should have some pictures by now...
I asked them for some, waiting on their response. But, based off of what i've researched, this is a good treatment for people who have thinning hair, it will revitalize all existing thinning follicles. From the Kerastem pics, it does look like some bald spots get re-grown, but I think that the hairs in those spots were just very thin that it looked bald. Who knows, let's see what they send me.

They also told me that it's best for people who are thinning not for anyone who is slick bald.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, she said "As we need a small amount of fat tissue, less than 200ml," but I said what does that translate to and she said almost 2 cups but maybe that is just a bad estimation, the real number is 200ml. Can anyone give an idea of what 200ml of fat looks like?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just share what I know about this, they already perform this at Belprime clinic in Serbia. This is what I have been told over email, but i've also been in contact on the phone.

"Process is identical to Kerastem’s one as we are also using Celution 800/CRS device (Produced by Cytori Inc., San Diego, USA) for cell isolation. It is not a PRP nor Acell treatment.
This is a treatment with ADRCs - Adipose Derived Regenerative Cells and we have been successfully performing this treatment for more than 2 years, mostly in men’s alopecia.
As we need a small amount of fat tissue, less than 200ml, there are no side effects except bruising and slight pain in the treated area. If pain exist, one pain killer is enough to stop it but bruises need a few days to heal.
After getting ADRCs, the surgeon applies purified fat tissue mixed with cells under the skin with a blunt cannula. This causes no pain and usually, no swelling after the procedure.
The procedure takes about 2,5 hours and we use local anaesthesia with sedation.
You would need to be here at least 3 days for the procedure. All follow ups can be done via Skype or email.

Treatment costs 4,500 euros and it includes following:
- transport from and to Belgrade Airport
- consultation and the whole procedure including the medicines you have to take after the surgery
- one night stay at the clinic and 2 nights in provided accommodation (hotel or apartment near the clinic)"

4,500 euros is excellent!

I never heard of Belprime, how reliable are they?

Any news or more info on the Svenson clinic in Madrid is more than welcome. I live in Portugal and Spain is just around the corner! :)

Thank you very much indeed, guys!

g.i joey

Reaction score
if this proves effective im flying out there this summer. i have enough fat to share if anyones down to come through :)

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
but the effects are long lasting?
it does make hair more resistant against androgens?
if not a maintenance will be needed and the procedure seem to be expensive

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
but the effects are long lasting?
it does make hair more resistant against androgens?
if not a maintenance will be needed and the procedure seem to be expensive

They said they've been doing it for two years and so far their earliest patient's are still very satisfied, the doctor is actually working on Kerastem here in the US. I'm just curious, with all these new treatments having to do with stem cells, whats the difference between this and Histogen? Histogen is a "hair stimulating complex", which, is pretty much the same thing Kerastem is doing no?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd consider getting this if it was absolutely guaranteed to maintain my hair for like two years or so (assuming I even have enough fat). I am worried it just gives you minimal regrowth that is undone pretty quickly by the usual DHT dickery - and then some. Might have to wait to hear more reports on the results.

There's that word again. Wait. Hear that, follicles? Wait, you goddamn little ****s.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
4,500 euros is excellent!

I never heard of Belprime, how reliable are they?

Any news or more info on the Svenson clinic in Madrid is more than welcome. I live in Portugal and Spain is just around the corner! :)

Thank you very much indeed, guys!

902 21 17 11 / 915 24 14 43 Svenson's phone in Madrid

No news about kerastem when I made a phone call last month,

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll be having a skype consultation with Belprime clinic at the end of the month. I will keep you all posted, i'm really considering doing this treatment if it can buy me a few years till Histogen or Replicel gets released. I am trying to avoid finasteride all I can, and really disliked minoxidil.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll be having a skype consultation with Belprime clinic at the end of the month. I will keep you all posted, i'm really considering doing this treatment if it can buy me a few years till Histogen or Replicel gets released. I am trying to avoid finasteride all I can, and really disliked minoxidil.

Please keep us posted. I'm interested in this as well and have the same exact feelings as you do.

It would be great if they could provide you with pictures that you could pass along to us. I'd feel much more comfortable seeing more visuals of this treatment other than that one that keeps getting posted.