Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

vvvazvvv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Photos seems really good. But its more like minoxidil? It wil give you some regrowth but it won't stop dht from attacking the follicle? Even if you do it once a year.

It's a question. I don't know how it works exactly

vvvazvvv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemcells repairing the hair follicle probably, that will save the follicile for X amount of time. But yes DHT,... etc will continue to do damage. That's why you need to redo the treatment every 1-3 years depending on your rate of loss.

If that's true i Will definitely do it every year. But i have my doubts

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemcells repairing the hair follicle probably, that will save the follicile for X amount of time. But yes DHT,... etc will continue to do damage. That's why you need to redo the treatment every 1-3 years depending on your rate of loss.

If u have to do it every 1-3 years, will u not deplete the hairs around the back of the head? 3 x 2.5mm cuts each time?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hell no, we're talking about small punches to extract hair follicles/grafts. An average hair FUE transplant for temples requires an average of 2000-3000 grafts and if done by a good surgeon, nobody will see any difference of your donor area.

To me it looks like a RCH (very) light version.

Bear in mind guys that these punches are 2.5mm in diameter, a lot bigger than the 1mm FUE punches. Once it heals and grows over it won't be too bad but I think mild scarring is pretty likely.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Bear in mind guys that these punches are 2.5mm in diameter, a lot bigger than the 1mm FUE punches. Once it heals and grows over it won't be too bad but I think mild scarring is pretty likely.

I actually quite worried about those 'punch holes'. I have very short hair on the sides and back and don't want to have isolated bald spots. Today I have a call planned with a clinic that performs this procedure and ask about the scars. In the end; if it works it's a small price to pay.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed, a normal FUE punch should be enough to extract the follicle. You going to ask about why the need 2.5mm punch holes?

I believe they chose 2.5mm as a middle ground between scarring and harvesting efficiency. Especially with stitches it doesn't seem like you'll have "bald spots" as such but definitely a couple of small marks. This isn't the kind of treatment you can do over and over and over again. Probably just once or twice each side and then you'll have to call it especially if shaving your head.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They took 4 for me

Doing 4 X 2.5mm punches every couple of years will surely start to show a few marks around the head. Doing this treatment five times or so over 10 years will leave 20 punch marks over the back and sides of the head.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing 4 X 2.5mm punches every couple of years will surely start to show a few marks around the head. Doing this treatment five times or so over 10 years will leave 20 punch marks over the back and sides of the head.

Yeah I would hesitate to do more than once on each side. They don't take from the back.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I would hesitate to do more than once on each side. They don't take from the back.

If the treatment does need regular touch ups then it's not as good as some hoped. A normal fue for the same price abroad may well be a better option.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the treatment from the start was never meant to be a one time thing, all of the clinics offering talk about a 1-3 year range before considering having the treatment done again

also i think it's evidently clear not only from the mechanism of action here but from the results testimonials (ignoring whether or not you guys buy the validity or not) that this is a treatment that will be best to combat general hair thinning/diffuse thinning. If you have thick hair but are say a norwood 3 i do not think this treatment will be effective for you as it is unlikely to stimulate dormant follicles enough to completely regrow hair on areas that are already slick bald. as you have mentioned for people in this situation a FUE transplant will not only be more effective long term in terms of results but also financially as well. however i do believe that this treatment, assuming the individual is a good responder, can be very beneficial for those who are in the early-moderate stages of diffuse thinning as those individuals will have no slick bald areas, just a large area that is undergoing miniaturization that could theoretically be revitalized

personally i do not see this being a holy grail treatment for most, however for diffuse thinners that respond well this could be huge. 2 sessions of this could potentially buy a diffuser 4-6 years of results or maintenance from further miniaturization at the very least. also note that most diffuse thinners are not candidates for hair transplants so i believe this will fill the gap in the market quite nicely.

That is how I'm looking at it yeah, I'm thinning quite badly, particularly temples and crown, but still technically have a NW1-1.5ish hairline (right side is worse) so definitely not a candidate for a transplant.

Less than a week in but definitely no slowing of shedding at all like they claim. I don't believe this treatment is potent enough to combat aggressive hair loss.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Just had a call with a local clinic that does the procedure.
They said that, because the biopsies (graft extractions) are so small, stitches are not necessary and the tiny wounds will heal by themselves. I asked them what their experiences were with this procedure and they said that the experiences so far were extraordinary. Now of course they will say this, they want to sell me something, but this clinic also does several other procedures (among which hair transplants and PRP) which they could have offered (and the didn't). I'm very close to trying it, just have to convince myself that the grafts they will remove will not give me a permanent scar on the back of my head.

Too bad we don't have any forum members that have tried this a year ago and can let us know whether this is bullshit or the real thing.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They said that, because the biopsies (graft extractions) are so small, stitches are not necessary and the tiny wounds will heal by themselves. I asked them what their experiences were with this procedure and they said that the experiences so far were extraordinary. Now of course they will say this, they want to sell me something, but this clinic also does several other procedures (among which hair transplants and PRP) which they could have offered (and the didn't). I'm very close to trying it, just have to convince myself that the grafts they will remove will not give me a permanent scar on the back of my head.

Too bad we don't have any forum members that have tried this a year ago and can let us know whether this is bullshit or the real thing.
It will give you a permanent scar on the back of your head. Make no mistake. It will be minuscule, but it will be a scar none the less. No one will see it and, unlike a FUE procedure, it won’t look like someone shot you in the back of the head with a shot gun. But if you shave your head, you will have a tiny white dot after the procedure. Hardly the reason to not do the procedure.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

We do have a forum member who tried it 3 months ago though and said it hasn't done a damn thing, not even maintenance.