Just Tried Regenera Activa Stem Cell Microtransplant In Uk

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
before we start the typical hairlosstalk cycle of "its a scam" "doesnt work" "waste of money" i would

A) Like to see before and after pics provided by those claiming to have the surgery done
B) Remind you that not everybody responds to every treatment

I'm not saying it's a complete scam or doesn't work at all but it is most certainly not very cost effective. I have had it done as have two other members in this thread. One is also on dutasteride and results are inconclusive so far anyway, hasn't worked at all for another, and for me it's too early to say but shedding has not slowed in the slightest.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for posting

your problems seem to be hairline recession and crown thinning, correct?

Yes the double whammy. Also a bit of overall thinning, and significant temple thinning beyond the recession points so I'd notice them thicken up even if my hairline looks the same to you if I were to take similar photos again.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I recently had my consult with a doctor that treats people with Regenera Activa and asked him these questions:

For how long have you been treating patients with Regenera Activa?

For around 1 and a half years.

How many patients have you treated with Regenera Activa?

Around 30-35 people.

What's the overal response to the treatment?

The overall response was very positive, but was also really depended on the stage of hairloss the patient was in. Patients who were in the early stages of hairloss showed a way better response rate in comparison to patients who were in the later stages.

Are results guaranteed?

No, as it is with everything. Alot of people have a good response, some don't. It's really depended on your hairloss stage.

How often have you seen patients after the treatment?

I do a follow up 1 month, and 3 month after the treatment. After that it's up to them to contact me again. But since I haven't heard from any patients who had succes with Regenera Activa, I suspect that it's still working. The latest I've heard from a patient again was 6-9 months after the treatment, nothing was changed for them.

Are alot of your patients on any other type of hairloss medication prior to starting Regenera Activa?

Yes, but I always advise/make them to stop using these type of medication.

Does the treatment create scars?

No.

Have you ever offered any other type of hairloss treatment?

Yes, I did PRP for a couple of years.

Is it comparable?

No, this is way better. I haven't seen these type of results from PRP patients.

My thoughts: I am really considering trying it. Eventhough it's expensive and the results are not guaranteed. But I don't want to keep using finasteride for years to come.

I also have this feeling that the good results came from the people quitting finasteride, where it's common that hairloss won't come back until 1 year after cessiation. So it's possible that finasteride is still doing all the work. Or that they've never quit finasteride.

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I recently had my consult with a doctor that treats people with Regenera Activa and asked him these questions:

For how long have you been treating patients with Regenera Activa?

For around 1 and a half years.

How many patients have you treated with Regenera Activa?

Around 30-35 people.

What's the overal response to the treatment?

The overall response was very positive, but was also really depended on the stage of hairloss the patient was in. Patients who were in the early stages of hairloss showed a way better response rate in comparison to patients who were in the later stages.

Are results guaranteed?

No, as it is with everything. Alot of people have a good response, some don't. It's really depended on your hairloss stage.

How often have you seen patients after the treatment?

I do a follow up 1 month, and 3 month after the treatment. After that it's up to them to contact me again. But since I haven't heard from any patients who had succes with Regenera Activa, I suspect that it's still working. The latest I've heard from a patient again was 6-9 months after the treatment, nothing was changed for them.

Are alot of your patients on any other type of hairloss medication prior to starting Regenera Activa?

Yes, but I always advise/make them to stop using these type of medication.

Does the treatment create scars?

No.

Have you ever offered any other type of hairloss treatment?

Yes, I did PRP for a couple of years.

Is it comparable?

No, this is way better. I haven't seen these type of results from PRP patients.

My thoughts: I am really considering trying it. Eventhough it's expensive and the results are not guaranteed. But I don't want to keep using finasteride for years to come.

I also have this feeling that the good results came from the people quitting finasteride, where it's common that hairloss won't come back until 1 year after cessiation. So it's possible that finasteride is still doing all the work. Or that they've never quit finasteride.

Hi BigOl'BaldingHead,

I did my consultation also last week with a doctor based in France.
I asked him the same kind of questions and I got, almost same answers !
He's also doing it for a couple of years with overall good results.
He refuses to treat if the balding is too advanced.

I've booked a slot to be "Regenera Activted" the 22nd of October.
I'll be reporting the evolution in that thread

ciao

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's great to hear guys. (hope these docs are honest though, but it seems to be the case)

For less and mildly aggressive hair loss victims this could be the ultimate maintenance therapy.

It could very well be the case. But we don't know whether the good responses were caused by prior or active finasteride usage, and not by the treatment itself.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know whether this study has ever been shared but it does not look promising....

Attachments

• Regenera-Activa-Study.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 230

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another one I've found. This one look better.

Attachments

• 6-gentile-et-al-2017-1086829.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 194

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh, the study results are very good imo.

from the study:

In general, patients' subjective assessment of the results was positive, describing
an improvement mainly in thickness and hair loss, being a well-tolerated treatment
concerning pain, and with no side effects.

I just don't trust patient self assessment.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
This procedure apparently works by adding stem cells to the top of the scalp that can then turn into hair follicles (or strengthen remaining hair follicles). That means that in androgenic hairloss, DHT not only causes the hair follicles to deteriorate (shrink), but also causes the depletion of stem cells that can turn into hair follicles. So the top of the scalp turns into skin that doesn't contain enough follicle forming stem cells to sustain hair.

If the above is the case, using minoxidil would only be a short boost, depleting the remaining stem cells even faster. This could also explain why minoxidil stops working after a year or so. And finasteride only makes the DHT stop attacking the follicles, but does nothing about the (by then) severely depleted skin not being able to create new hair follicles.

Your thoughts?

Maxx79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi BigOl'BaldingHead,

I did my consultation also last week with a doctor based in France.
I asked him the same kind of questions and I got, almost same answers !
He's also doing it for a couple of years with overall good results.
He refuses to treat if the balding is too advanced.

I've booked a slot to be "Regenera Activted" the 22nd of October.
I'll be reporting the evolution in that thread

ciao

I have a consultation coming up in 10 days with a doctor in Paris about Regenera (jumpingjackgazz, are you in Paris? Could you tell me by PM which doctor you're doing this procedure with?)
As a diffuse thinner I think this could be a good option for me though I won't take any decision before seeing the doctor first and asking him some questions

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This procedure apparently works by adding stem cells to the top of the scalp that can then turn into hair follicles (or strengthen remaining hair follicles). That means that in androgenic hairloss, DHT not only causes the hair follicles to deteriorate (shrink), but also causes the depletion of stem cells that can turn into hair follicles. So the top of the scalp turns into skin that doesn't contain enough follicle forming stem cells to sustain hair.

If the above is the case, using minoxidil would only be a short boost, depleting the remaining stem cells even faster. This could also explain why minoxidil stops working after a year or so. And finasteride only makes the DHT stop attacking the follicles, but does nothing about the (by then) severely depleted skin not being able to create new hair follicles.

Your thoughts?

Not sure what you're asking or getting at. Why would minoxidil deplete stem cells faster? They either have the capacity to reproduce or they don't and that's to do with deterioration from DHT.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you're asking or getting at. Why would minoxidil deplete stem cells faster? They either have the capacity to reproduce or they don't and that's to do with deterioration from DHT.

Because it (somehow) speeds up hair growth. Some say it's by synchronizing growth cycles and other by opening up potassium channels. Anyway, your hair starts to grow and (as I have experienced) after a while it stops working as well.