Jake Kent reveals how to get a totally natural and undetectable hairline on any hair system.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jake does something which I can never understand with his hair which seems like he is smearing excessive amounts of oil in it.

I think that contributes to his issues.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hes probably trying to neutralize that dry straw-like texture which is common in over processed hair. Been there did that.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have time to watch all of those videos. Especially when above they have been critiqued for their educational content.

But on this topic, in jakes latest video he has suggested trying to take off your piece by using hot water in the shower. Just grab the hairline and go from there.. But warns you may just lose end up losing hair quicker.

That was the perfect opportunity to mention citrus cleaners, etc etc.. But instead blows past a question about isopropyl alcohol and just says nothing useful. Even a quick demo would have been useful.
Because what he doesn't know about hair systems, is a lot. I stopped commenting on his videos and making corrections, ages ago.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have time to watch all of those videos. Especially when above they have been critiqued for their educational content.

But on this topic, in jakes latest video he has suggested trying to take off your piece by using hot water in the shower. Just grab the hairline and go from there.. But warns you may just lose end up losing hair quicker.

That was the perfect opportunity to mention citrus cleaners, etc etc.. But instead blows past a question about isopropyl alcohol and just says nothing useful. Even a quick demo would have been useful.
You don't have time to learn what works and what doesn't?.... Don't have time to do things right?.....That says it all. Is this Jake himself?

Last edited:

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
breast implants have been around for ever and no matter how well done or liked .....you're the chick with fake boobs....
I respectfully disagree with your comparison on breast implants to hairpieces. One of them (implants) are typically viewed as a completely unnecesary cosmetic enhancement where a woman just wants to have bigger t-ts for the sake of having, well, think about it- BIGGER T-TS. Most of the time, unless we're talking about a super rare case where a flat chested woman quietly gets small implants, the woman already has decent sized breasts but just wants to make them bigger, which imo is a sham.

A man going bald who would otherwise look like sh-t bald and like me certainly isn't built or has the head shape of a Vin Diesel or Bruce Willis could really benefit from a hair system. Me, like many others, would look healthier, better, more attractive, and have our faces framed.

My point is, and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from - bald men have the potential to look a lot worse than women who have average sized or even small breasts. And with that being said, breast implants are much more unnecessary to have than a hair system. That goes for women wearing hair too.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with your comparison on breast implants to hairpieces. One of them (implants) are typically viewed as a completely unnecesary cosmetic enhancement where a woman just wants to have bigger t-ts for the sake of having, well, think about it- BIGGER T-TS. Most of the time, unless we're talking about a super rare case where a flat chested woman quietly gets small implants, the woman already has decent sized breasts but just wants to make them bigger, which imo is a sham.

A man going bald who would otherwise look like sh-t bald and like me certainly isn't built or has the head shape of a Vin Diesel or Bruce Willis could really benefit from a hair system. Me, like many others, would look healthier, better, more attractive, and have our faces framed.

My point is, and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from - bald men have the potential to look a lot worse than women who have average sized or even small breasts. And with that being said, breast implants are much more unnecessary to have than a hair system. That goes for women wearing hair too.
I believe your disagreement is soley based on completely missing the point. Fake is not accepted more because more people know about your......fake hair...breast...watch etc... No woman is running around advertising that her breasts are fake was the point.....In actuality most will do anything they can to convince you they're natural. No guys are running around telling people they wear a counterfeit Rolex..... believing the more people that engage in wearing fake rolexes... the more acceptable and mainstream it will be. Counterfeit timepieces have outsold their genuine counterparts 100 fold, For countless decades. They are no more accepted. You are still the dirt bag with the fake watch.

Many hair wearer's believe that.....since people don't comment on their wig...that it must look good and be passable...... Not always true.... people either don't care....or don't want to be mean directly to you.... It doesn't mean it looks good.... nor does it mean they're not talking and laughing behind your back....

No alteration to ones body aesthetically is nessisary....... You're attempting to justify your agenda.......claiming men need more hair...more than women need larger breasts ......it's a comical and childish response

This all comes down to my original point...... You're only fooling yourself...... thinking people will change their opinion as more people wear......Cosmedic/ plastic surgeries have been carried out for over 200 years... The woman with the fake breasts is still known as the woman with the fake breasts. The person with the fake teeth is still the fake teeth person....

Your example is akin to.... 2 people stealing food.....and you're telling the judge to let you go, because you were more hungry than the other guy.....

He wasn't as hungry as I, therefore he's the criminal....

You are both doing it for the same reasons.....To look better, to others, and feel better about how you look........ It is NO different

Last edited:

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe your disagreement is soley based on completely missing the point. Fake is not accepted more because more people know about your......fake hair...breast...watch etc... No woman is running around advertising that her breasts are fake was the point.....In actuality most will do anything they can to convince you they're natural. No guys are running around telling people they wear a counterfeit Rolex..... believing the more people that engage in wearing fake rolexes... the more acceptable and mainstream it will be. Counterfeit timepieces have outsold their genuine counterparts 100 fold, For countless decades. They are no more accepted. You are still the dirt bag with the fake watch.

Many hair wearer's believe that.....since people don't comment on their wig...that it must look good and be passable...... Not always true.... people either don't care....or don't want to be mean directly to you.... It doesn't mean it looks good.... nor does it mean they're not talking and laughing behind your back....

No alteration to ones body aesthetically is nessisary....... You're attempting to justify your agenda.......claiming men need more hair...more than women need larger breasts ......it's a comical and childish response

This all comes down to my original point...... You're only fooling yourself...... thinking people will change their opinion as more people wear......Cosmedic/ plastic surgeries have been carried out for over 200 years... The woman with the fake breasts is still known as the woman with the fake breasts. The person with the fake teeth is still the fake teeth person....

Your example is akin to.... 2 people stealing food.....and you're telling the judge to let you go, because you were more hungry than the other guy.....

He wasn't as hungry as I, therefore he's the criminal....

You are both doing it for the same reasons.....To look better, to others, and feel better about how you look........ It is NO different
I agree. But what can we do if there is no feedback from others? I go through great lengths to make sure it looks natural and passable.. and even only then I only "wear" at night or in bars etc with no strong lighting. If im outside during daylight its a hat for sure. Im not one to claim every day people will find it acceptable, I know they wont. I've fooled family and other people (again, bars) and I know for they didn't suspect. I also run into others where I do know that they know my hair is fake. I'm doing it for myself of course, but the opinion of others is important obviously. It is a issue - I hate the way I look without it but do not want it to be obvious I'm wearing as well.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. But what can we do if there is no feedback from others? I go through great lengths to make sure it looks natural and passable.. and even only then I only "wear" at night or in bars etc with no strong lighting. If im outside during daylight its a hat for sure. Im not one to claim every day people will find it acceptable, I know they wont. I've fooled family and other people (again, bars) and I know for they didn't suspect. I also run into others where I do know that they know my hair is fake. I'm doing it for myself of course, but the opinion of others is important obviously. It is a issue - I hate the way I look without it but do not want it to be obvious I'm wearing as well.
Speak with family and friends... that's the only way you can get an honest opinion. My strong position has been with people wanting to make it mainstream.... With the goal of having everyone be hyperaware of them.... making sure everyone knows. With the crazy belief that that's going to make people think better of them...That's just silly

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Speak with family and friends... that's the only way you can get an honest opinion. My strong position has been with people wanting to make it mainstream.... With the goal of having everyone be hyperaware of them.... making sure everyone knows. With the crazy belief that that's going to make people think better of them...That's just silly
Yeah I wore for 6 months before telling my parents and my brother, I live with my brother. All of them genuinely did not know. Friends don't know either, but again I only see them in bars/night. Then again today my dad's friend who is bald (and hates it - was on finasteride etc), was looking at my hair. I knew he could tell. Another guy in the supermarket could tell (that day I had no product in my hair so it probably looked wiggy - is my guess). Its just demoralizing you know? But yeah I completely agree - hence my demoralization when I think someone has caught on.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying that basically no matter how good your system is, no matter how good your maintenance routine is and how well you take care of the system, there are still just going to be days when inevitably your system looks obviously fake and people will know it's fake hair?

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying that basically no matter how good your system is, no matter how good your maintenance routine is and how well you take care of the system, there are still just going to be days when inevitably your system looks obviously fake and people will know it's fake hair?
Yes sir. That is what I'm thinking at least. Im not here to sway people away, trust me I love having the option to do this, I look way better. I think my biggest issue is hair dryness - I need to work out how to better manage that without using pomade, because then it looks like you used a little too much hair product in your hair, which I guess is better than it looking wiggy and fake.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes sir. That is what I'm thinking at least. Im not here to sway people away, trust me I love having the option to do this, I look way better. I think my biggest issue is hair dryness - I need to work out how to better manage that without using pomade, because then it looks like you used a little too much hair product in your hair, which I guess is better than it looking wiggy and fake.
I hear you brother, I appreciate your honesty and thank you for sharing your real experience.

I'm about a month out from my first install and I suppose what you described is kind of my greatest fear: waking up in the morning and having to be at work and my system looking crazy and fake and having no way to repair the issue and having to show up to work looking silly and risk being mocked.
If this is just part of the "journey" and things will get better as I gain experience and knowledge then I suppose I will grind it out bc at this point I feel like anything is better than being bald

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wearing a system does keep your nerves on edge. But just remember when it looks bad.....Many people have damaged looking or dry hair.... all people get bad haircuts now and then... people get bad dye jobs now and then. It doesn't mean people are going to automatically assume that it's fake..... they might say wow that looks terrible... but that doesn't mean they know....or even consider that it could be fake...

***The absolute best thing to keep the hair soft and healthy.....Jojoba oil....organic and unrefined. Its the closest to natural sebum, which your body produces.

It's actually a wax and not an oil....a couple drops through damp hair and perfection...

Trust me, I've purchased well over $500 in leave in conditioners...all high end..and Plain Jojoba is the best.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-000245_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-000245_Chrome.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wearing a system does keep your nerves on edge. But just remember when it looks bad.....Many people have damaged looking or dry hair.... all people get bad haircuts now and then... people get bad dye jobs now and then. It doesn't mean people are going to automatically assume that it's fake..... they might say wow that looks terrible... but that doesn't mean they know it's fake...
That's a very good point! Everyone has bad hair days so maybe they'll just assume that.

And thanks for that Jojoba oil recommendation brother! I screenshot it and will definitely look into getting some

Last edited:

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a very good point! Everyone has bad hair days so maybe they'll just assume that.

And thanks for that Jojoba oil recommendation brother! I screenshot it and will definitely look into getting some
I want to say that I've had far far more encounters to where my hair was undetected versus detected. I can only name those two occasions, Im only 9 months into wearing so there is some trial and error to be had. Still, those encounters made me feel like sh*t and think "oh everyone knows". Would that be better than being bald, hating it, looking worse, but being more socially acceptable? Not at all to me.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to say that I've had far far more encounters to where my hair was undetected versus detected. I can only name those two occasions, Im only 9 months into wearing so there is some trial and error to be had. Still, those encounters made me feel like sh*t and think "oh everyone knows". Would that be better than being bald, hating it, looking worse, but being more socially acceptable? Not at all to me.
You have to remember, you are assuming that it was not detected. 99% of people are not going to say anything, to you, about it. You will never know what people think.....and you shouldn't care.... You won't even necessarily know who's looking at it. They could be outside of your peripheral vision or walking behind you.

Not saying this to discourage, but I am very matter of fact. And the fact is.... absence of someone commenting or obnoxiously staring at you... does not confirm undetectability. People by nature will do anything they can to avoid confrontation and being in uncomfortable situations ..... They're not going to create one over someone elses hair....
We try and hope for undetectability, but to assume ..... is silly.

Last edited: