It's all over now...

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
finfighter said:
ghg said:
Nah I don't like to try external treatments, too much hassle. Or are those external, never heard of any of those?

Well yoyu just said that nothing else worked for you? Read about them in the link in my signature.

RU is expensive sh*t and some folks say it won't regrow any hair... so I'd rather opt for a hair transplant at least that way I'll get some hairs for sure.

I think 3,500 FUE grafts should give me decent coverage on top, but I think I'd have to leave the crown untreated for now.

GeminiX

Reaction score
My thinning was diffuse and extremely rapid, and I've recovered a lot of it with finasteride and first and then dutasteride; I also had the help of some very powerful anti androgens though.

I'm not for a moment saying you should get onto anything like I'm using, but at least it shows diffuse hair-loss is recoverable in some cases.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got the prescription for Proscar on friday, and I'm still wondering if I should jump on it... it's pretty expensive, 45 euros for 28x5 mg pills. Of course if it'd work it'd be well worth the money!

cuebald

Reaction score
You b**ch like crazy about your hair yet you won't take the time to apply a topical and don't even take finasteride? :shakehead:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
ghg said:
I got the prescription for Proscar on friday, and I'm still wondering if I should jump on it... it's pretty expensive, 45 euros for 28x5 mg pills. Of course if it'd work it'd be well worth the money!

But you cut each pill into 1/4 or 1/5. I do 1/4ths because 1/5ths are too hard to cut, and the extra .25mg makes no difference.

Still you got 28 x 4 = 112 days worth. You can get generic Proscar which is way cheaper. I get Northstar brand Finasteride 5mg at Costco, which is generic Proscar, for $18 USD (~ 25-30 euros) for QTY of 40. That gives me 160 days worth, which is less than $0.15 per day. Hella cheap and it is identical to brand name Proscar at a fraction of the cost.

Yeah I know, but like you may know, I took finasteride from 06/2006 - 01/2008 and didn't see any gains, the loss continued all that time... and it was generic finasteride (Gefina 5 mg cut into 5ths or 4ths, don't remember) so I'd like to try "original" Proscar this time. Some folks have said that Gefina didn't work for them although Proscar/Propecia did. I could get generic finasteride for 10 euros!

cuebald said:
You b**ch like crazy about your hair yet you won't take the time to apply a topical and don't even take finasteride? :shakehead:

What's your problem, a-hole? I already took finasteride for 1,5 yrs, and THAT'S why I'm hesitant to try it again 'cause I didn't see any gains. I do apply rogaine foam 1 x day, but I don't want to hassle with more snake oils, especially something that is as expensive as RU-whatever.

If my bitching is a problem for you, here's a solution: do not open my topics!

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
I already took finasteride for 1,5 yrs, and THAT'S why I'm hesitant to try it again 'cause I didn't see any gains.

Sometimes just standing still is a result.

ps I just bite little chunks of my generic finasteride tablets. You only need to get a rough dosage I'm on about 0.7mg a day.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ghg said:
I already took finasteride for 1,5 yrs, and THAT'S why I'm hesitant to try it again 'cause I didn't see any gains.

Sometimes just standing still is a result.

ps I just bite little chunks of my generic finasteride tablets. You only need to get a rough dosage I'm on about 0.7mg a day.

Didn't even stand still :(. But yeah, having another bloody horrible hair day so I don't think if even finasteride can save anything for me... it's so sparse on top it's unbelievable. Although I gotta admit that atm my hair is very sparse and brittle even on the sides and back so... dunno what the hell I should do, I look almost like a cancer patient. Gotta do the good ole #0 on clippers again today.

BTW, while watching some old pics from 2 years back or so, I gotta admit that my hair looked pretty good, at least in the pics! But then again, I think it could still look good in pics taken inside with a flash that isn't directed at scalp. I think the rogaine foam did something for my hair at first, but its effect has slowly vanished during the years. I've been on it since summer 2007, so almost 4 years. Should I drop the minoxidil foam?

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
finasteride doesn't regrow hair. All it does is slow down or stop the progression of male pattern baldness.

Rogaine (minoxidil) regrows a little hair, if it hasn't been that long since you initially lost it from male pattern baldness. The longer it has been, the less likely you will see any results.

finasteride certainly does regrow hair, but only if its in its final dormant stage, and the follicle isnt dead already.

This differs from person to person, my hairloss is slow and it seems there is always fuzz where I had recessed...this does grow back...potentially.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think finasteride can regrow hair on some people...

Obsidian

Reaction score
I remember when I first used finasteride it took my temple points from Norwood 2.5 on my left side and NW2 on my right side to an NW2 on my left and was headed to a NW1.5 on my right.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd love to be in your situation (Norwood 2.5) in 5 yrs time, monty1978!. Unfortunately I think I'll be slick by then... a lot sooner than that infact. What sides did you experience with finasteride?

What really bugs me is that I'd have enough hair on top if I could just reverse the miniaturizing!

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this guy is having such a hard time getting his point across. =/ I mean, it's obvious he at least has SOME hairloss right? To me, it indeed looks like he is diffuse thinning based on the older pictures. Sure, some people indeed have thin hair when it's short, and for some infact it's normal (though, what exactly IS normal?) but if he can tell the difference clearly.. why argue with him? :dunno:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
elliotramsey said:
..because the pictures he posted (until recently) really did NOT show any sign of thinning

LOL! Get yourself a nice pair of glasses. The thinning was obvious even in the first pics I posted back in 2006. You think it has suddenly gotten better?

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
Well.. i wasn't here in 2006, but the pictures discussed earlier in this thread showed no hairloss. Maybe because of the angle or the lighting. It wasn't until you posted that last picture that anyone believed you were actually loosing hair. Why do you think everyone was telling you you weren't loosing hair? It sure wasn't because they had something against you, its because your pictures sucked and didn't show what you appeared to be flipping out over

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh to me the pics always showed loads of thinning.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
I had to attend a funeral in February for a former band-mate and no one was commenting on his obvious NW3V position but instead how he could leave behind his pregnant fiance like that.

Well was his hairloss the reason for it? I hope now because while losing hair sucks, he still had enough hair to have a great life with it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Obsidian said:
I had to attend a funeral in February for a former band-mate and no one was commenting on his obvious NW3V position but instead how he could leave behind his pregnant fiance like that.

Well was his hairloss the reason for it? I hope now because while losing hair sucks, he still had enough hair to have a great life with it.

Like who is going to make a comment like that at anybodies funeral anyway? I would think that most people would have the common sense and decency to not slander someone at a venue like that..... but outside of that who knows.

Agreed with HP that an NW3v is nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed by but if you think about it neither should an nw7 for that matter since we can't control it.

Anything beyond our control we should feel neither pride or shame about but alas, naturally beautiful people take pride in their genetic superiority while the less fortunate may suffer from low self esteem.

Why do you think this is?

GeminiX

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
HatPrisoner91 said:
Obsidian said:

Like who is going to make a comment like that at anybodies funeral anyway? I would think that most people would have the common sense and decency to not slander someone at a venue like that..... but outside of that who knows.

Agreed with HP that an NW3v is nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed by but if you think about it neither should an nw7 for that matter since we can't control it.

Anything beyond our control we should feel neither pride or shame about but alas, naturally beautiful people take pride in their genetic superiority while the less fortunate may suffer from low self esteem.

Why do you think this is?

You make a very good point; I wonder how much of it is culture and how much of it is human nature?

Curiously, those who seem to feel "society" is against them are often the first to be offensive and insult others over things beyond our control, hypocritical behaviour I've experienced first hand on this very forum.

On the other side of the coin, people seem to confuse pride with being crass and boasting. Maybe it's tied to traits like nationalism where people feel proud about a country just because they had the fortune to be born there?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah for some reason good looking ppl are almost always arrogant. Especially guys. I have also noticed that hairloss seems to happen to nerdy, shy, insecure guys more often than those who are good-looking, self-confident, outgoing etc. Might be only in my head though. I definitely fall into the nerdy category myself...