It's all over now...

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Man you're a tool, a tool with a full head of hair.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I agree that you have some diffuse thinning GHG and the female pattern may account for your preserved hairline..... I've seen a few guys who diffuse badly on the top of their heads while they retain a thin strip of denser hair along the edge of their hairline. But if the dandruff and dry hair is more troublesome than the hairloss for you then you should see a dermatologist either way. Pardon me if you said you already went to one.

barcafan

Reaction score
at least you aint doing too badly from what i see anyway. Man i should post my updated pics sometime, not too pretty

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
^ I think it's doing badly if at 28 you can't grow your hair without looking like a clown! I'd love to see your updated pics, I remember you had some receeding going on a few years ago... are you still on the meds or did they help at all?

joshua88

Established Member
Reaction score
Agree with uncomfortable man. I see a lot of diffuse thinning on the top and there seem to be thicker hairs along the hairline.

It might have been ghg's fault for not posting good pictures before, but now it just seems twisted to say the guy has a "full head of hair" when it's obvious he doesn't.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dude, I remember you and I remember your pictures well. I know you're losing your hair diffusely. Im losing mine in the same way. Ive got no recession but thinning over my entire head. Its hard to get people to understand this because most people only associate recession and bald spots with hair loss.

The pictures you're posting in this thread arent the clearest but I do remember your pictures from 2006-2007 and there was some serious thinning for sure.

The thing is, though, is that youve made it 4 years and havent lost a ton more hair. Sure youve lost some, but its probably not as much as you thought you would, right? Its the same way for me. I know theres a very good chance that i'll be NW6-NW7 at some point in my life, but its definitely not going to happen as soon as I thought, considering I noticed my loss at age 20 and im 25 now.

Please dont pay any attention to that guy s.a.f. he's a miserable old grump and exists only on this forum to try to bring others down.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally some sensible posts! Thanks emex4, uc and Joshua. Dunno what's the point with all those who tried to make me look like I'm crazy for thinking that I'm seriously balding.

Emex4, yeah I know it's been going slower than I thought but now that my scalp and skin health has gone to hell I fear that it's only the balding kicking up a gear! I'm very f*****g afraid that this really is the beginning of the end, there's some hormonal thing going on that's for sure. My skin is dry and feels like paper or something, no sebum anywhere! My hair is also very dry and brittle feeling all around and it highlights the balding in a very nasty way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
emex4 said:
Please dont pay any attention to that guy s.a.f. he's a miserable old grump and exists only on this forum to try to bring others down.

Pointing out to a guy who (thinks) he's bald that he's actually got a relativley full head of hair (as agreed by almost everyone else on here) is bringing him down is it? :whistle:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
emex4 said:

Pointing out to a guy who (thinks) he's bald that he's actually got a relativley full head of hair (as agreed by almost everyone else on here) is bringing him down is it? :whistle:

Piss off. Learn something about diffuse thinning and then come back.

This is what s.a.f. (and many others like he said) like to call a "full head of hair" :punk:

This pic is from summer 2009. I'm not balding, you were right all along. For 5 years I've been worrying about nothing!

GeminiX

Reaction score
ghg said:
s.a.f said:
This is what s.a.f. (and many others like he said) like to call a "full head of hair" :punk:

This pic is from summer 2009. I'm not balding, you were right all along. For 5 years I've been worrying about nothing!

*That* picture shows what appears to be appears to be diffuse thinning (and significantly too), unless you're standing under a very bright light then I agree.

You have to be fair to people though, that is a much clearer image than the other ones you've posted in this thread.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes you have some thinning! And as Geminix points out that is a far more telling pic than any of the ones you've posted so far.
However for 5 yrs now you've been claiming to be bald. Starting threads like this one "Its all over now" (Whilst posting pics of a full looking head of hair).
NO ONE sees you as bald, you're 28 yrs old and act like its the end of the world. You need to get a grip on reality.
My hair was like yours at 19 and I was bald (slick like an egg) by 25.
Your completley deluded about this small amount of thinning. Personally I'd love to have that amount of hair.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Small amount of thinning? Who's deluded here? Like I said earlier I'd rather take your transplanted hair... it's thicker and at least it won't fall out in the near future.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Id take thnning over temples reccesion hands down - treatments are more effective + you can shave and still "fool" people with your hair line.

(ps your so called hair-loss" still doesn't justify such tenacious amount of bitching)

powersam

Reaction score
ghg said:
cuebald said:
Thing is a few months ago you were a solid NW1...

What the hell? Oh yeah, I'm a NW1... but I'm a diffuse thinner. Don't know if you can call that solid. I've been thinking about saving for FUE but now that I've studied the subject a bit I don't think it's worth it. I'd need at least 6000 grafts for it to look anything and I don't even know if I have that much donor hair to spare...

Have yourself cloned, destroy his brain, use him for donor hair.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:

Mine looks a lot thinner than this, and I have had 7,000+ hair transplant grafts! But I started witha NW5.

I wish I had as much hair as you. Although you have significant diffuse thinning, you still have way more hair than a lot of guys. You can improve yours significantly because it isn't that far gone yet. If you can stabilize your loss and keep what you have you should be looking good again, perhaps after an hair transplant. Those who are in my boat, for example, don't have that option.

No I can't improve mine because I've tried all the reasonable treatments available (finasteride, minoxidil foam) and they don't work for me. All I can do is to wait for the rest of my hair to disappear. The only way to improve this mess is to get a hair transplant. I've been contemplating about getting one at here: http://www.prohairclinic.com . That is, if I still consider my hair worth several thousand euros come next fall.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I got the new finasteride prescription today, but I'm not sure if I should jump on it. On the other hand I'd like to try and save some of my hair, but finasteride didn't work for the first time I tried it so I'm a bit hesitant. I was thinking about using proscar this time, last time I tried finasteride brand called "gefina", 5 mg pills. Like I wrote earlier a lot of ppl on a finnish forum have said that when they switched to Gefina, their hairloss continued although Propecia and Proscar had worked previously... dunno then :smack: . I think it's worth a try, 'cause I'm going bald anyways so why not give it a one last shot? I'll probably get a FUE anyways in the fall...

What I'd like to know is that is there anyone with diffuse thinning who has actually responded well to these treatments? I've yet to see any!

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
finfighter said:
ghg said:
So I got the new finasteride prescription today, but I'm not sure if I should jump on it. On the other hand I'd like to try and save some of my hair, but finasteride didn't work for the first time I tried it so I'm a bit hesitant. I was thinking about using proscar this time, last time I tried finasteride brand called "gefina", 5 mg pills. Like I wrote earlier a lot of ppl on a finnish forum have said that when they switched to Gefina, their hairloss continued although Propecia and Proscar had worked previously... dunno then :smack: . I think it's worth a try, 'cause I'm going bald anyways so why not give it a one last shot? I'll probably get a FUE anyways in the fall...

What I'd like to know is that is there anyone with diffuse thinning who has actually responded well to these treatments? I've yet to see any!

You could try RU58841 or CB-03-01 and Bimatoprost.

Nah I don't like to try external treatments, too much hassle. Or are those external, never heard of any of those?