Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think this lotion transform vellus (miniaturized hair) in terminals (thick hair)?
Not a great question tbh.

That's very similar to asking what the point of no return is for saving miniaturized hair. Take a look at the posts above - they are filled with arguments about whether or not 5 years of loss is impossible to reverse. Your question is almost a reformulation of what they are discussing. And I can tell you there is no consensus. Why? Because there are no data to support or discredit the claim.

Edit: grammar, because fone.

Last edited:

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a great question tbh.

That's very similar to asking what the point of no return is for saving miniaturized hair. Take a look at the posts above - they are filled with posts arguing whether or not 5 years of loss is impossible to reverse. Your question is almost a reformulatiom of what they are discussin. And I can tell you there is no consensus. Why? Because there are no data to support or discredit the claim.

It would be really sad if this lotion cannot reverse aggressive thinning. I hoped that it might work even better because the hair is still there and the follicle is still active but the fkciong dht is busy with choking them to death. Almost every part of our body is covered with hair. As if this fkcking dht had no other areas to fkck with. It must be the scalp right....

We need trial results, we finally need some pictures. Delays after delays. End this nightmare. I remember that Fidia commented on IESON a long time ago. They really seem to following whats happening on the forum.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be really sad if this lotion cannot reverse aggressive thinning. I hoped that it might work even better because the hair is still there and the follicle is still active but the fkciong dht is busy with choking them to death. Almost every part of our body is covered with hair. As if this fkcking dht had no other areas to fkck with. It must be the scalp right....

We need trial results, we finally need some pictures. Delays after delays. End this nightmare. I remember that Fidia commented on IESON a long time ago. They really seem to following whats happening on the forum.

LOL yeah and you accused me of 'crying'...lol..stay positive bro.

The 7TH Sense

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am still positive. Did not know that Brotzu said that it won't work on aggressive hair loss but I still did not find the source. If someone knows where it is, please send the link. Brotzu or Shiseido ... One of them should work to get thinned hair back to life.

They can't find the source because it doesn't exist, Brotzu never said such a thing. But it indeed said what @paxis wrote: the lotion works best on people under age 30 with alopecia begun since like 2 years. And the doctor himself, let's repeat again, does not identify his remedy as a 'cure' but as an another effective and powerful treatment. Personally and "egoistically", I would be freakin' happy even if it does just maintain on Androgenetic Alopecia indefinitely (or at least on the extent of Finasteride) but SIDELESSLY.

And, about the vellus hairs, on the patent it's clearly written that even those tend to go back and become robust and shiny terminal ones. I like this idea a lot, since there is no scientific demonstration about "dead follicle", I read A LOT of pages of SITRI site's bibliography, and that conception is just an "experimental evidence", so a conjecture, yet not demonstrated (and easily ripped off by transexual going crazy on estrogen regimes).
BUT (!) ... I am skeptical on this point. Seems hard to believe a vellus can turn robust and shiny without an estrogen-based therapy.
BUT (again!), I was skeptical on Areata effectiveness, too; and yet, watching the congress, I was amazed by the fantastic results, which followed exactly the conditions stated by the doctor since the very beginning, even before his last trials. That convinces me that he knows what he is doing, so I choose to believe and stay positive, remembering that any kind of regrowth in any kind of treatment is a golden bonus.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Irreversibility of hair follicle changes after 30 months of Androgenetic Alopecia.

Konstantinova N, Korotkii N.G, Sharova N, Barhunova E, Gaevski D. Nioxin Research Inc, Atlanta, USA Moscow Medical University

We studied horizontal and vertical biopsy from 15 caucasian 24-41 year old males diagnosed with bitemporal recession Androgenetic Alopecia (AA) for 1.5 –18 years (average 7.4 years). All 15 biopsies were stained with H&E, Van Gieson and with other collagen specific stainings. 1. Eleven pts with AA longer than 3 years had perifollicular fibrosis - collagen fibers were compact and formed a small scar-like formation around each anagen hair follicle(HF). Two patients - 33 year old with 18 month AA and 23 year old with 20 month AA did not have these hair follicle changes. Two 26-year-old patients with 30 and 36 month AA respectively were found to have some not so severe collagen fiber changes. 2. Infundibulum of HF dilatated 124-192 mm and most of them covered with keratinazed plug lacking normal hair shaft growth. 3. Decreased number of hair follicles 1.75-2,45 per sq. mm from 3.5-5 per sq. mm in control group. 4. None of anagen HF was situated in subcutaneous fat. We showed a correlation between length of the AA and severity/ thickness of perifollicular fibrosis. The result of this study is that any treatment of AA is recommended to start earlier than 30 months from first signs of AA. This should prevent irreversible collagen changes associated with “fibrotic incapsulation” of most anagen HF in involved areas, which usually leads to loss of normal blood supply, innervation, and subsequent miniaturization and prevention of hair from normal cycling."

Aza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Irreversibility of hair follicle changes after 30 months of Androgenetic Alopecia.

Konstantinova N, Korotkii N.G, Sharova N, Barhunova E, Gaevski D. Nioxin Research Inc, Atlanta, USA Moscow Medical University

We studied horizontal and vertical biopsy from 15 caucasian 24-41 year old males diagnosed with bitemporal recession Androgenetic Alopecia (AA) for 1.5 –18 years (average 7.4 years). All 15 biopsies were stained with H&E, Van Gieson and with other collagen specific stainings. 1. Eleven pts with AA longer than 3 years had perifollicular fibrosis - collagen fibers were compact and formed a small scar-like formation around each anagen hair follicle(HF). Two patients - 33 year old with 18 month AA and 23 year old with 20 month AA did not have these hair follicle changes. Two 26-year-old patients with 30 and 36 month AA respectively were found to have some not so severe collagen fiber changes. 2. Infundibulum of HF dilatated 124-192 mm and most of them covered with keratinazed plug lacking normal hair shaft growth. 3. Decreased number of hair follicles 1.75-2,45 per sq. mm from 3.5-5 per sq. mm in control group. 4. None of anagen HF was situated in subcutaneous fat. We showed a correlation between length of the AA and severity/ thickness of perifollicular fibrosis. The result of this study is that any treatment of AA is recommended to start earlier than 30 months from first signs of AA. This should prevent irreversible collagen changes associated with “fibrotic incapsulation” of most anagen HF in involved areas, which usually leads to loss of normal blood supply, innervation, and subsequent miniaturization and prevention of hair from normal cycling."

Damn. I was looking to hold out on finasteride for another year or so in case this lotion came out, which could possibly hold me over till Replicel came out hopefully the year after that.

I guess that means we should all pretty much start finasteride if we've noticed gradual hairloss for the past year or so?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem at the moment is that we can't reverse hairloss at all, doesn't matter if it is just one week or 10 years. All the products that maybe CAN reverse it aren't out yet bland we don't know how good they will be. So i think it doesn't matter what this study says, because the possibilities of the cure aren't known

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whyyy are we waaaiiiting wee are sufocaaaating ohh whyyy are wee waiiiiting oh whyyyyyyyyy whyyy whyyyy.....

WHYYY ARE WE WAAAAAITING

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you think that this is where wounding comes in somehow? Wounding of the skin I mean. Does it somehow give "irreversible" hair follicle changes a chance to grow again?

If it does, maybe Brozu Lotion+Follica treatment can work synergistically like the new finasteride+min.

Dalotian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think that this is where wounding comes in somehow? Wounding of the skin I mean. Does it somehow give "irreversible" hair follicle changes a chance to grow again?

If it does, maybe Brozu Lotion+Follica treatment can work synergistically like the new finasteride+min.

Hopefully, it would be unreal if the both came out next year. They're both set to come out next year but with hairloss treatments who knows if they will actually come out when they say it will.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
WTF there isnt even one fresh news, since Jan, 2017?

So Replicel Wounding Device and brotzu are the ones in the pipeline approx for 2018?

What do you guys think, if someone does a hair transplant does that damage all the thin/ minaturizied hair, so if there will be a cure, it couldnt get rescued anymore?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
WTF there isnt even one fresh news, since Jan, 2017?

So Replicel Wounding Device and brotzu are the ones in the pipeline approx for 2018?

What do you guys think, if someone does a hair transplant does that damage all the thin/ minaturizied hair, so if there will be a cure, it couldnt get rescued anymore?

I disagree. In the past 6 months we have gotten 5 year data from replicel and we now know that there are two (shesido + follica) treatments that have a legit shot of being on the market about a year from now.

We've also seen histogen fall off the map and I no longer consider this a viable company to produce a treatment

Reactions: br1

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does Follica even have a release date? I'm note sure about Follica if they will ever release something, too little information about the product or what they are going to do and especially when. Maybe they hit the Market first?

Histogen seems dead and Brotzu, who knows what Brotzu will do?

I just want maintaining my hair and little regrowth with Shiseido hopefully next year and wait until Tsuji..

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does Follica even have a release date? I'm note sure about Follica if they will ever release something, too little information about the product or what they are going to do and especially when. Maybe they hit the Market first?

Histogen seems dead and Brotzu, who knows what Brotzu will do?

I just want maintaining my hair and little regrowth with Shiseido hopefully next year and wait until Tsuji..
Follica is in their pivotal trial (or about to start it) so I doubt they won't release it after all the money that's gone into research and trialing. Brotzu and Fidia is just awaiting some official press release and Shiseido is on track to release second trial data in Q2 2018.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica is in their pivotal trial (or about to start it) so I doubt they won't release it after all the money that's gone into research and trialing. Brotzu and Fidia is just awaiting some official press release and Shiseido is on track to release second trial data in Q2 2018.

What phase would be the pivotal trial? Phase 2 or 3?

Do we know if Brotzu is ever going to make a press release or at least would it be soon?

After the release of the trial data Shiseido can bring it into the market right? ( İf they want to)

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What phase would be the pivotal trial? Phase 2 or 3?

Do we know if Brotzu is ever going to make a press release or at least would it be soon?

After the release of the trial data Shiseido can bring it into the market right? ( İf they want to)
As how I understand it the pivotal trial is the final trial, so I suppose the third one. Brotzu himself has stated in a recent interview that he expects that fidia will market the lotion "fairly soon", whatever that means. And yes, with regulations in Japan Shiseido is allowed to market it after the second trial.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This doesn't have anything to do with this lotion in particular, but more a question about companies in general. Is there a chance we get news from some company today since it's exactly halfway through the year? Maybe like a H1 2017 report or something? Sorry if this is a dumb question.