Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
There's one thing that worries me (about all topical treatments, really): how do you even apply the product to your scalp once you start getting regrowth?
With very little recession, I can easily imagine it simply spreads out slightly behind the hairline on its own, but what about when you need to regain more coverage?
... Not that I'd mind absolutely soaking my head in this stuff as long as it was feasible.

Also, has it been mentioned whether we'd need a prescription for this?

/shamelessly getting ahead of things.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's one thing that worries me (about all topical treatments, really): how do you even apply the product to your scalp once you start getting regrowth?
With very little recession, I can easily imagine it simply spreads out slightly behind the hairline on its own, but what about when you need to regain more coverage?
... Not that I'd mind absolutely soaking my head in this stuff as long as it was feasible.

Also, has it been mentioned whether we'd need a prescription for this?

/shamelessly getting ahead of things.

if it is availble at a reasonable price and works, I may be inclined to use it as a shampoo ;)

as for the prescription, apparently they are researching a formulation that would not need prescription. As someone underlined, this is not necessarily a good thing because it would mean fewer tests (and less accurate) are needed for commercialization.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A good business strategy might be to develop a weak non-prescription version and a stronger prescription version that costs more.

For example for acne, you can buy benzoic acid cream over the counter, but with a doctor's prescription you can get benzoic acid cream with adapalene included.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
+1

Copayments and premium costs aside we might be lucky enough to fiscally break even with this useful approach. -)

StartingToLose

Reaction score
I totally question the validity of Brotzu having his own trials underway. He SOLD the patent to Fidia, and I'm sure for money, and I'm sure under a contract. I'd be very surprised if Fidia provided a clause that allowed for Brotzu to continue conducting trials and/or communicating with the public about them. Reason: If Brotzu's own trials do not provide successful results, that would be catastrophic to Fidia's investment. Common sense would indicate Fidia would want to protect their investment and have complete control over all trials and results going forward.

That's how it works here in America with the FDA--a pharmaceutical can conduct 50 trials, but they only need to submit two to the FDA for review. They can bury 48 unsuccessful trials and provide only the two that showed favorable results. Isn't that nuts?? There's a new Doctor on Netflix called "Drug Thugs", which I'd recommend. It's enlightening and should be required viewing by everyone who has a prescription for anything.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah I just watched this a day or two ago. He talks about propaganda from big pharma, and ironically this whole movie itself is anti-prescription drug propaganda itself. Very Fahrenheit 9-11 like not much factual info more just emotional clips to get people to buy into their very one sided and flawed arguments. I couldnt even finish it. A lot of stuff in it I thought to myself how silly and misleading. Not to say it has no points anywhere in it, but the truth is more in the middle.

"There's a new Doctor on Netflix called "Drug Thugs", which I'd recommend."

Alphus

Reaction score
I think, and other can confirm, that in Italy is different. There are not (yet?) So much corporation here, but I hope to be not naivee...
I thibk they cannot tell us that it works, even if it seems so, because other companies could cathc Telogen Effluvium brevetto and try to know what are the chemical that works and try to make a similar lotion different from the brotzu'S one

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if someone could provide summaries of huge threads like this. I've been working a lot and don't have time to read through 42 pages but would love to get a summary of what the verdict is on things like this. (Not that other people's time isn't valuable too). Just a thought

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be awesome if someone could provide summaries of huge threads like this. I've been working a lot and don't have time to read through 42 pages but would love to get a summary of what the verdict is on things like this. (Not that other people's time isn't valuable too). Just a thought
This will sum it up: we don't know when this will come out or how effective it is.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think, and other can confirm, that in Italy is different. There are not (yet?) So much corporation here, but I hope to be not naivee...
I thibk they cannot tell us that it works, even if it seems so, because other companies could cathc Telogen Effluvium brevetto and try to know what are the chemical that works and try to make a similar lotion different from the brotzu'S one

Alphus, we are colonized by the same companies that have colonized the rest of the world: Pfizer, Bayer, you name them.
Fidia is different in the sense that it is smaller and is known for having few but efficacious products. They are based in Veneto, where you know people don't beat around the bush and generally give results.
HOWEVER, Fidia never said the lotion would work: they said it is promising and are investigating.
I don't think Brotzu can affirm they are being "slow" in testing this product: they seem to have always known what they are doing.

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear %$%$%$$%%$

We are going to start the clinical study in the next days and will send an official update once we have a clear view of the product time to market.

Please wait until our new communication will be published.

Thank you for your interest in our study and wish you a nice day

Best regards

Elena Fedeli
Details removed

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alphus, we are colonized by the same companies that have colonized the rest of the world: Pfizer, Bayer, you name them.
Fidia is different in the sense that it is smaller and is known for having few but efficacious products. They are based in Veneto, where you know people don't beat around the bush and generally give results.
HOWEVER, Fidia never said the lotion would work: they said it is promising and are investigating.
I don't think Brotzu can affirm they are being "slow" in testing this product: they seem to have always known what they are doing.

For those unfamiliar with European gepgraphy, Veneto is in the North of Italy and includes Venice and Padua. I think it borders Switzerland.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear %$%$%$$%%$

We are going to start the clinical study in the next days and will send an official update once we have a clear view of the product time to market.

Please wait until our new communication will be published.

Thank you for your interest in our study and wish you a nice day

Best regards

Elena Fedeli
Details removed

Thank you for the good news on the part I bolded.

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
Should have elaborated a little more also, the email was sent last week and that reply was posted the moment I received it (02.04.16), I asked when the trial was due to take place.

Alphus

Reaction score
I saw that fidia's mail became more elaborated. They dont know when they start clinical trials, although in your mail seems soon... in the next days can mean tomorrow or next years...

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw that fidia's mail became more elaborated. They dont know when they start clinical trials, although in your mail seems soon... in the next days can mean tomorrow or next years...
In what world does someone use the word "days" as a substitute for "years"? That's ridiculous.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Could you email the Italian professor who invented this lotion and ask him for an update?

Infinity95

Reaction score
I got very excited when I first saw this a couple of weeks ago but reading through this thread killed my excitment lol, so is there really no hope for this?

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got very excited when I first saw this a couple of weeks ago but reading through this thread killed my excitment lol, so is there really no hope for this?
No one has any clue. We'll have to wait and see.