Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Brotzu’s lotion will actually be cream, foam liquid? Sounds like it’s a lotion....
Wouldn’t be great if it goes on greesy. I think liquid or foam would be best just like Rogaine.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Brotzu’s lotion will actually be cream, foam liquid? Sounds like it’s a lotion....
Wouldn’t be great if it goes on greesy. I think liquid or foam would be best just like Rogaine.
Nobody knows, we have to wait till april 14th

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
I would not be too hopeful for the presentation. I think results will be okay I‘m sure. I guess like minoxidil and minoxidil results are impressive for responders.

BUT dont be so naive. He will not tell us a release date neither any retail price or anything else concrete regarding marketing plans.

Reactions: br1

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My guess is it will be similar to minoxidil.

Non- responders to minoxidil lack the enzyme sulfotransrerase...hopefully Brotzu’s lotion works differently
Or there could be a lot of non- responders potentially.... anyone have any idea?

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not be too hopeful for the presentation. I think results will be okay I‘m sure. I guess like minoxidil and minoxidil results are impressive for responders.

BUT dont be so naive. He will not tell us a release date neither any retail price or anything else concrete regarding marketing plans.
He already said he doesn’t know the release dates and prices. But you have good point too

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We will only see things about Alopecia Areata and it won't have anything to do with Fidia. We wontw see any results or get any update from Fidia.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
We will only see things about Alopecia Areata and it won't have anything to do with Fidia. We wontw see any results or get any update from Fidia.

Ah, you cynical, pessimist Germans. I hear it's pretty dead on Alopezie.de. What's the latest rage over there these days? Corticosteroids, cetirizine, and P4 still take the lead?

Oh there is also that magic Seti sauce that only the chosen few knows the recipe for.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ah, you cynical, pessimist Germans. I hear it's pretty dead on Alopezie.de. What's the latest rage over there these days? Corticosteroids, cetirizine, and P4 still take the lead?

Oh there is also that magic Seti sauce that only the chosen few knows the recipe for.

As long as I have hair I don't need to care right?

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said, Fidia is not mentioned.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tricologia/
Their Facebook page. This is mentioned:

Cari amici,
La S.I.Tri. Società Italiana di Tricologia è lieta di annunciare che al prossimo Congresso di primavera, a Napoli, parteciperà anche il Prof. Giovanni Brotzu di Cagliari.
Il Prof. Brotzu porterà una relazione dal titolo: ”soluzione liposomiale contenente DGLA, Equolo e Carnitene per il trattamento dell’alopecia androgenetica.”
Con questa relazione il Prof. Brotzu ci presenterà gli aggiornamenti riguardo i suoi studi in materia.

Which translates to:

Dear friends,
The S.I.Tri. Italian Society of Trichology is pleased to announce that Prof. Giovanni Brotzu of Cagliari will take part in the next Spring Congress in Naples.
Prof. Brotzu will bring a report entitled: "liposomal solution containing DGLA, Equolo and Carnitene for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia."
With this report Prof. Brotzu will present us with updates on his studies on the subject.

What more do you want to hear? He is there on behalf of Fidia, since they did the Androgenetic Alopecia studies. Fidia employees will be present as well.

br1

Reaction score
"updates on his studies on the subject."

Researcher stuff.. Like follica & histogen, which are forever under "study & research"?

The 7TH Sense

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think the results will be comparable to minoxidil, too. Which is not a bad thing, good responders get a LOT of regrowth from it. We could hope that everybody will be a "good responder" to this lotion.

But what really bugs me is how much the results will last, or, in short, if we could achieve maintenance. What I hope, frankly, is not a replacement of Minoxidil but a replacement of finasteride (sideless, obviously). I don't expect anything more because I am skeptical too, but the science behind is very solid and the treatment addresses 2 major key parts of Androgenetic Alopecia. Remembering what InBeforeTheCure said last year, PGE1 has the same pathways of Minoxidil, so it could really achieve what minoxidil does. I remember he also said in his opinion maintenance could be achievable basing on the efficacy of Equol to inhibit DHT in the long run. Given its double properties, DHT blocker and Estrogen receptor Beta agonist, if the liposomal vehicle really works I can't see how we couldn't achieve at least maintenance. Unfortunately many times the practice disrespects the theory (just read the Darolutamide thread) and we can't even figure why.
I would get so f*****g mad if it will reveal itself as an another useful treatment only for the finasteride users (also because the majority of them are obnoxious trolls who think they will never deal with hairloss again unlike us poor side effects sufferers).
It's also kind of sad that in the abstract posted from Beps the results are limited to the 6th month mark, because they were trialling since the second quarter of 2016 (2 years already passed since). Even though I perfectly understand that there were stability problems. Obviously, the lotion couldn't work if it was not stable. Judging by all the people I asked, contacted and stalked, the stability problems were found only later so I really think they had to restart them after solving the issue.

I frankly say that even though I'm quite optimist, I'm shitting my pants in the waiting for SITRI's meeting, because in a month I will know if I have to go bald or not. Definitely I'm giving up if this won't be a valid alternative to finasteride, maybe I'll browse the website to find out eventual Polichem updates but sadly that's still finasteride at the end. I see no feasible treatment in the pipeline that could be effective, affordable, accessible and available soon for me except from Brotzu and Polichem and I understand this is the situation of most of the users judging by this thread...

I still think we have more reasons to remain optimistic than pessimistic. I talked to some Areata testers treated by Brotzu in these months, even though each of them told me a quite different story on the things that were happening between Brotzu and FIDIA, 4 out of 5 were really amazed by the regrowth achieved thanks to the use of Brotzu Lotion and all of them were impatiently waiting for the lotion to be marketed, they sent me the photos and the recovery was total, 100% (I'm talking about the kids treated, I spoke with their parents obviously).
So I can't really see why the doctor should have told half of the truth in his interviews, I mean it seems quite true what he always said about areata, so why should he lied when talking about Androgenetic Alopecia ? Makes no sense, also because the lotion was discovered by accident while treating AGAs.
But then it seems that his son, I mean Beps, had no regrowth at all, I didn't see his photos but I spoke with people who know him and I trust IESON's users who saw them. This is depressing and I confess it cut my hopes in half when I first came to know this, because he was saying everywhere he recovered 2 Norwood grades or at least 1. I don't believe he stopped using the lotion (he never declared to have that intention), so I can't understand this. Maybe he and his father just got hyped for 4 vellus of regrowth.

But speaking the truth all of this doesn't matter, not because I didn't personally see his photos, but because the congress is next month. Soon we'll know everything, I guess.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think the liposome delivery means the lotion will not have PG?
Sadly I am allergic to PG so I really hope they will think about people like me.