Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Days go by and Im more and more convinced that we'll be left with finas for the next 10 years.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Days go by and Im more and more convinced that we'll be left with finas for the next 10 years.

Be optimistic. We have never ever had so many options! I have a very good feeling concerning Fidia! It would be very nice if someone could give us an update concerning the italian forum. What do the guys talk about? I am sure that someone of you is following them.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Be optimistic. We have never ever had so many options! I have a very good feeling concerning Fidia! It would be very nice if someone could give us an update concerning the italian forum. What do the guys talk about? I am sure that someone of you is following them.
Too many uknown variables. Where are the good pictures, where do they get s-equol if its so expensive, what about storage issues/liposome issues that were reported ???
Only replicel promises permanent maintainance and thats coming in 5 years minimum in europe.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Equol has a good chance of replacing finasteride because of what it can do. But you have to remember that liposomes are inherently unstable due to their high surface curvature. All liposomes are unstable like this, but they have good properties as a vehicle. I think if liposomes are too hard to work with, people should slap some ingredients together with equol in a different vehicle and start already. In the US, soy isoflavones are on the Generally Recognized As Safe list but the FDA will still probably require trials and stuff so that doesn't look too great. Even though one of the arguments that got equol on the GRAS list was that people have been consuming soy for thousands of years and that it can help with post-menopausal symptoms and prostate health (which we know is due to the s-equol made by the gut bacteria, not the isoflavones themselves). Japan, on the other hand, already has equol supplements available. So maybe in the E.U./East, equol-based treatments can reach store shelves soon. :S

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Equol has a good chance of replacing finasteride because of what it can do. But you have to remember that liposomes are inherently unstable due to their high surface curvature. All liposomes are unstable like this, but they have good properties as a vehicle. I think if liposomes are too hard to work with, people should slap some ingredients together with equol in a different vehicle and start already. In the US, soy isoflavones are on the Generally Recognized As Safe list but the FDA will still probably require trials and stuff so that doesn't look too great. Even though one of the arguments that got equol on the GRAS list was that people have been consuming soy for thousands of years and that it can help with post-menopausal symptoms and prostate health (which we know is due to the s-equol made by the gut bacteria, not the isoflavones themselves). Japan, on the other hand, already has equol supplements available. So maybe in the E.U./East, equol-based treatments can reach store shelves soon. :S

Why not eat tons of soy then?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not eat tons of soy then?
Might not be a producer. Might lead to systemic estrogenic effects. Might be inconvenient depending on how much you have to eat. Finasteride lowers serum DHT by 70% but it might only reduce scalp DHT by 50% due to 5AR1 activity there. Since equol binds directly to DHT, it seems to me that there is some leeway in how potent an equol topical would need to be. So an equol topical makes a lot of sense to me.

Abelibano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would really like to test if I can produce s-equol but im almost 100% sure it will be an expensive test and available at a very few labs (if there is such a test of course)

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Soja phytoestrogens binds to the estrogen receptors competitively with estradiol, and it can inhibit aromatase too.
i read here somewhere that estrogens are good for hair (is it ?).

that's why population study about baldness and soy intake will not be accurate, because even with the equol in your blood from soy that might lower the DHT, the soy will also lower your estrogens.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much fidia paid for the rights of the brotzu lotion?
If not, how much do you think it's worth for a company like fidia?

Btw am I the only one who is reading the belicappeli interview again and again? It's incredibly motivating!

http://bellicapelliforum.com/en/interview/exclusive-interview-with-dr-brotzu-for-bellicapelli/
Hadn't seen the BelliCapelli interview. Seems really encouraging, but based on the way Brotzu plays down the efficacy of the lotion after you have lost you hair for a significant amount of time kinda scares me. I have lost 80% density and I am only 21, if this lotion goes through the expected delays during market release then I am fu****.

As for how much Fidia paid, I am guessing the amount will likely be tied to the trial results somehow. I don't see any company paying for patents without extensive evidence that the product is profitable.

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does all this speculation bout price of patent and whatnot really matter? All im interested in is getting some damn news bout when this magnificent lotion will be released....

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hadn't seen the BelliCapelli interview. Seems really encouraging, but based on the way Brotzu plays down the efficacy of the lotion after you have lost you hair for a significant amount of time kinda scares me. I have lost 80% density and I am only 21, if this lotion goes through the expected delays during market release then I am fu****.

As for how much Fidia paid, I am guessing the amount will likely be tied to the trial results somehow. I don't see any company paying for patents without extensive evidence that the product is profitable.

I have also lost much density but I am a diffuse thinner and I think there are many diffuse thinners here. This means that the follicles are still alive and I hope they will survive during the next 12 months Otherwise I am f**ked as well xD. It's reaaaaalllly aggressive and in combination with Telogen Effluvium I guess...

You didn't see the interview before?? OMG without this interview I don't think that I would be that much hyped!

Well acording to brotzu it worked est for those under 30 and you said you are 21. When did your hair loss started? I don't think that follicles can die so fast? I don't want to start the discussion with others if follicles die or not... I just think that its a difference if you started losing hair a few years ago in comparison with someone who lost it 15 years ago.

Last edited:

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Brotzu thread remains one hell of an emotional roller coaster. Reading that interview again it's hard not to be optimistic about the lotion working but the inevitable delays and reports of this not being available to US consumers is just flat out depressing.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have also lost much density but I am a diffuse thinner and I think there are many diffuse thinners here. This means that the follicles are still alive and I hope they will survive during the next 12 months Otherwise I am f**ked as well xD. It's reaaaaalllly aggressive and in combination with Telogen Effluvium I guess...

You didn't see the interview before?? OMG without this interview I don't think that I would be that much hyped!

Well acording to brotzu it worked est for those under 30 and you said you are 21. When did your hair loss started? I don't think that follicles can die so fast? I don't want to start the discussion with others if follicles die or not... I just think that its a difference if you started losing hair a few years ago in comparison with someone who lost it 15 years ago.
I got super hyped about this because of patents and the fact that Fidia picked it up. It doesn't align with the typical snake oils.

I started losing at 16 but it got really aggressive from 19 onward. I really hope the follicles are alive, I want to go back to the being the douchebag I once was that attracted a decent amount of attention from girls and took it for granted.

I do live in Europe so if everything goes to plan and the trials aren't a bust I'll be one of the first people trying this lotion.

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also wanna go back to being the douche I once was! Lmao!
Seriously, im sure something can be worked out so US costumers can get their hands on this. But has it even been confirmed officially that they wont sell it in the US? Where are the Italian forum members? This thread was once riddled with Italians translating this and that. Whats happening on the italian forum?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would the American based FIDIA make comments on the lotion if it were not available for Americans ??

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense at all. Unless I'm missing information, I assume you're referring to this? And your logic is that because they mentioned the lotion, they're planning on making it available to Americans, disregarding the fact that the content of the message says the exact opposite? I must be missing something.

We know a few things to be 100% true:
1. If or when this lotion releases, it will be considered a new and unapproved drug by the FDA.
2. It is considered illegal to import FDA unapproved drugs into the US.
3. US Customs has stringent legalities regarding the official importation of drugs, meaning in order to ship an FDA unapproved drug to the US, you need to basically lie about the contents of the package to customs.

Using that knowledge, we can infer a few more things:
1. Since Fidia is an established and legitimate company, they will not be able to officially market or make the drug available to be purchased by and or be shipped to people living in the US.
2. The only way Americans will be able to get the drug shipped to the US is through foreign third party vendors that are purposefully bypassing the laws of the United States. This is illegal.

I do not profess to have supreme knowledge about this system. If anything I said is wrong, please do not hesitate to speak up and correct me. I live in the US and I am praying this lotion works and is somehow accessible.

Think about it,
If they were never going to offer it to USA market--if they were not going to make sure it was available to 'us' here in states...why would they mention it to us on the USA site?

An example i can use is the website Kerestase (sorry if misspelled)
They have a French site and an Americas Site
The American site they make NO mention of the 'ingredient' (sorry cant think name of it I may edit this later) that you can get legal in France that is 'supposedly' helpful for hair loss because its not allowed to be sold here.
But if you go on the French site--of course they mention it as it is also in the products.
I have not been on the site in a long time but that was my experience in past with them.
I may edit this later to show what I mean.

Hmm they changed both site since last on..but I think you understand what I mean.
If it was never going to be offered in USA--why would they discuss it on the USA site.
That was not done with other products with USA/Foreign sites, in my limited experience at least.

Last edited: