Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
74301841.jpg

Sweet-Potato

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone else a little jealous that the generation won't have to worry about hair loss at all durin their lifetimes...

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone still excited with the latest news?

Whats this "latest news"? Would @Admin be so kind to contact Fidia, at least to see if they are open to communicate. I know the italian boards tried to and got the gag order put on their staff but maybe since HairLossTalk.com is a bigger platform it may be worth a shot. I guess January 8th may be a good time to make the call.

Appletree101

My Regimen
Reaction score
I created an account for the sole reason of providing a potential justification for Brotzu/FIDIA’s actions this past month. I am working under the assumption that Bep’s comments have a semblance of truth to them. I come from a finance background, so a lot of my justification will be numbers-based.

From what I have read in this thread, the majority of the comments are looking at this lotion from a “what can this lotion do for ME” perspective, as opposed to the perspective it should be viewed from: “what can this lotion do for FIDIA/Brotzu.”

If this lotion meets the claims it makes, the dollar-figure attached to the product is beyond any number I’ve seen mentioned in this thread. Looking at Merck’s 10K (annual report) from 2010 through to 2015, Merck made a little over $2 billion in revenue from Finasteride (Propecia). Not once did the drug report less than $185 million in revenue per year. If we give Brotzu’s lotion a conservative $100 million revenue per year estimate at a conservative 7% discount rate, the lotion is worth well over a billion dollars. Of course, those numbers are beyond conservative; if the lotion is BETTER than Finasteride it will likely make more revenue.

Running some simple numbers, this is easily a multi billion-dollar lotion for Brotzu.

Given this conclusion, why on earth would Brotzu/FIDIA ever leak anything that would jeopardize the future cash flows? The more people know about the lotion, the more of a vested interest companies like Merck have of screwing this whole thing up because it jeopardizes Finasteride’s cash flows. The more Brotzu/FIDIA leaks, the more likely it is that the eventual launch won’t go as planned.

If I was Brotzu/FIDIA, and I was sitting on a SOLUTION to hairloss (easily worth billions) I would want every single thing to be in check before I made so much as a peep about the lotion.

Think of this like a lottery ticket. Would you be waving around a lottery ticket to everyone saying, “Look at me, look, look, I won millions!” No, you wouldn’t. So why on earth would Brotzu/FIDIA wave around a lottery ticket worth billions. They have everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing so. No offense, but they don’t care if it helps a bunch of guys on a hairloss forum sleep better. If you had a lottery ticket for a billion dollars and were planning on cashing the thing out the most appropriate way, you wouldn’t care either.

When an announcement is made, I’d wager that Brotzu/FIDIA will have a full plan for an effective way to sale/market the lotion. If what Bep’s initially said is true (pre-holiday announcement), there is a good chance that Brotzu/FIDIA just didn’t have everything in place. And as I said, if they didn’t have everything in place, it would jeopardize the launch.

An effective launch of the lotion is (potentially) a difference in the HUNDREDS of millions. Brotzu/FIDIA/any sane person wouldn’t care about making an announcement a couple of months later if it meant they made millions more in revenue.

I guarantee every single one of you would wait a year more if it meant you were better able to weather the backlash from Merck and make millions more in revenue for your company (assuming you were Brotzu/Merck).

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I created an account for the sole reason of providing a potential justification for Brotzu/FIDIA’s actions this past month. I am working under the assumption that Bep’s comments have a semblance of truth to them. I come from a finance background, so a lot of my justification will be numbers-based.

From what I have read in this thread, the majority of the comments are looking at this lotion from a “what can this lotion do for ME” perspective, as opposed to the perspective it should be viewed from: “what can this lotion do for FIDIA/Brotzu.”

If this lotion meets the claims it makes, the dollar-figure attached to the product is beyond any number I’ve seen mentioned in this thread. Looking at Merck’s 10K (annual report) from 2010 through to 2015, Merck made a little over $2 billion in revenue from Finasteride (Propecia). Not once did the drug report less than $185 million in revenue per year. If we give Brotzu’s lotion a conservative $100 million revenue per year estimate at a conservative 7% discount rate, the lotion is worth well over a billion dollars. Of course, those numbers are beyond conservative; if the lotion is BETTER than Finasteride it will likely make more revenue.

Running some simple numbers, this is easily a multi billion-dollar lotion for Brotzu.

Given this conclusion, why on earth would Brotzu/FIDIA ever leak anything that would jeopardize the future cash flows? The more people know about the lotion, the more of a vested interest companies like Merck have of screwing this whole thing up because it jeopardizes Finasteride’s cash flows. The more Brotzu/FIDIA leaks, the more likely it is that the eventual launch won’t go as planned.

If I was Brotzu/FIDIA, and I was sitting on a SOLUTION to hairloss (easily worth billions) I would want every single thing to be in check before I made so much as a peep about the lotion.

Think of this like a lottery ticket. Would you be waving around a lottery ticket to everyone saying, “Look at me, look, look, I won millions!” No, you wouldn’t. So why on earth would Brotzu/FIDIA wave around a lottery ticket worth billions. They have everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing so. No offense, but they don’t care if it helps a bunch of guys on a hairloss forum sleep better. If you had a lottery ticket for a billion dollars and were planning on cashing the thing out the most appropriate way, you wouldn’t care either.

When an announcement is made, I’d wager that Brotzu/FIDIA will have a full plan for an effective way to sale/market the lotion. If what Bep’s initially said is true (pre-holiday announcement), there is a good chance that Brotzu/FIDIA just didn’t have everything in place. And as I said, if they didn’t have everything in place, it would jeopardize the launch.

An effective launch of the lotion is (potentially) a difference in the HUNDREDS of millions. Brotzu/FIDIA/any sane person wouldn’t care about making an announcement a couple of months later if it meant they made millions more in revenue.

I guarantee every single one of you would wait a year more if it meant you were better able to weather the backlash from Merck and make millions more in revenue for your company (assuming you were Brotzu/Merck).
Anyone following the latest news on hair loss treatments already knows about this lotion. Why do you think releasing details will jeopardize cash flow?

I̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶"̶A̶d̶m̶i̶n̶ p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶F̶i̶d̶i̶a̶"̶

Last edited:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
This always degrades into spam by people thinking theirs is the most clever. Meme culture is a hazardous wasteland under the illusory guise of harmless fun. At least complaints/negative remarks fall somewhere in the shadow cast by the umbrella of constructive relevancy. This is spam and should be moderated.

Some humor sense is good and creative, maybe serendipiousity can help us. ;)

Interesting thought but IMHO Brotzu lotion is not a panacea, only one among others

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Whats this "latest news"? Would @Admin be so kind to contact Fidia, at least to see if they are open to communicate. I know the italian boards tried to and got the gag order put on their staff but maybe since hair loss talk is a bigger platform it may be worth a shot. I guess January 8th may be a good time to make the call.

''Brotzu lotion proved less effective than Ketoconazole in preventing hair loss over the course of the trial. Ketoconazale will still remain a base treatment ''

Wtf is this sh*t.

Well this is coming from a youtube channel. I can't seem to find information regarding what the guy is claiming.

Last edited:

Jake lake

My Regimen
Reaction score
''Brotzu lotion proved less effective than Ketoconazole in preventing hair loss over the course of the trial. Ketoconazale will still remain a base treatment ''

Wtf is this sh*t.

Well this is coming from a youtube channel. I can't seem to find information regarding what the guy is claiming.

what youtube channel