Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
There, did my part and sent them an e-mail. Nothing to lose.

Well, I mean technically I'm losing my hair but you know.

Well done!

If we all do our part and put some pressure on these guys, we may see some results soon.

- - - Updated - - -

SO...can we try to use S-equol in a topical solution ? ANy lnk to buy S-Equol ? What is the dose ? 100mg/day ? It wasn't tested before ?

Instead of playing the mad scientist, why don't you send Fidia an email and put some pressure on those guys?

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Sent an email!

- - - Updated - - -

They also have a Twitter:
https://twitter.com/fidiapharma

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious hahaha nice email spam (don't kill me for not already writing an email!)

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
the 1-1.5 yrs trial by fidia is due to the new ****ty EC regulations on safety even for cosmetic compounds. say thanks to the usual big pharmas.
but it's not going to be much longer.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys really think a few people from a hair loss forum will convince them to abridge their internal study? If anything, the spam will lead to them ignoring legitimate inquiries.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys really think a few people from a hair loss forum will convince them to abridge their internal study? If anything, the spam will lead to them ignoring legitimate inquiries.

Asking them for more information isn't a legitimate inquiry? And as you said, it's only a few people. Don't think any harm can come from a few messages.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Asking them for more information isn't a legitimate inquiry? And as you said, it's only a few people. Don't think any harm can come from a few messages.
I'm referring to the people encouraging others to send messages. The best option would be to consolidate a list of questions into one email. Fidia is essentially the hand that feeds and we definitely don't want to bite it by spamming them.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The danger being classified as cosmetic is there is no real requirement for proof. So in general is this supposed to be something like RU that targets receptors? So IF it ever worked probably still best to use this in combination with something like finasteride/dutasteride to attack from two angles

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The danger being classified as cosmetic is there is no real requirement for proof. So in general is this supposed to be something like RU that targets receptors? So IF it ever worked probably still best to use this in combination with something like finasteride/dutasteride to attack from two angles
S equol covers the anti-androgen angle. Using both seems redundant.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Okay so its supposed to be similar to finasteride. It would be pretty nice to have an AA that worked topically that you dont need a doctor prescription to use that is strong enough to replacement finasteride someday. If you look at the history of cosmetic male pattern baldness treatments though it doesnt look good for this. There hasnt been 1 that has ever really turned out to work that well maybe because they are never proven to do anything.

Alphus

Reaction score
I am sure they will send you the same e-mail that I have receveid...
We must press them but in the meanwhile we must try to understand the brotzu's formulAtion. In those paper is written that the recipe is an example, so is not the formulation used. Or am I wrong?
I have got a sonicator at home, thanks to my father, but I have not a ****ty idea where to buy DGLA and other stuff... please someone help me to find online these products and I can buy them!

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure they will send you the same e-mail that I have receveid...
We must press them but in the meanwhile we must try to understand the brotzu's formulAtion. In those paper is written that the recipe is an example, so is not the formulation used. Or am I wrong?
I have got a sonicator at home, thanks to my father, but I have not a ****ty idea where to buy DGLA and other stuff... please someone help me to find online these products and I can buy them!
Oh wow. You might be able to make the formulation. The only problem is that the ingredients are very expensive.

dzeris

Reaction score
Why not start with ordering DGLA and s-equol? They are the main components of the topical. Just put them in a ethanol vehicle.
if to simplify like this its better to go with PGE1 (vitaros cream, available online) according to Brotzu its more potent than DGLA

- - - Updated - - -

Sure you can get s-equol here: http://www.bioscience.co.uk/find/?&search=s-equol&rows=25&productgroupid=&start_row=0

Problem is enough to last 1 year is based on 1ml of the solution a day is going to cost you over $1,300.

how reliable are they? i just got PGE1 so from active ingredients im missing just s-eqoul

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you see potential in this?

I still stand by what I said regarding this topical. S-equol is fancy though, and I would put it at a tier 2 treatment as a standalone if finasteride is a tier 1 treatment. Someone who can't handle finasteride for instance might get benefit out of s-equol oral supplementation (or topical) coupled with a topical consisting of 17a-estradiol and topical spironolactone.

Good question. This treatment would be topical but I'm not sure if it would go systematic.

Best to get Swoop's opinion.

Swoop, just out of curiosity are you in the medical/chemistry field? Your knowledge about all this stuff is great.

Oh no, they are completely different in their mode of action. Finasteride also suppresses serum DHT way more than s-equol can do. S-equol can decrease serum DHT to about 20%. S-equol is a metabolite of daidzein by the way. Not all humans can produce s-equol though. See the graphic below for how many percent of people in various countries/continents are able to produce s-equol after isoflavone supplementations/food.

So finasteride is obviously on another level in terms of side effect profile (way harsher). That's not to say nobody might get side effects with s-equol but it's certainly something I wouldn't worry about in the slightest.

Oh, and thanks man I have read quite much about Androgenetic Alopecia and hair follicle biology. You can too, everyone can. Just a matter of interest. No need to have any specific background either whatsoever. Don't let anybody tell you different.

img_sequol_map.jpg

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still stand by what I said regarding this topical. S-equol is fancy though, and I would put it at a tier 2 treatment as a standalone if finasteride is a tier 1 treatment. Someone who can't handle finasteride for instance might get benefit out of s-equol oral supplementation coupled with a topical consisting of 17a-estradiol and topical spironolactone.

Oh no, they are completely different in their mode of action. Finasteride also suppresses DHT way more than s-equol can do. S-equol can decrease serum DHT to about 20%. S-equol is a metabolite of daidzein by the way. Not all humans can produce s-equol though. See the graphic below for how many percent of people in various countries/continents are able to produce s-equol after isoflavone supplementations/food.

So finasteride is obviously on another level in terms of side effect profile (way harsher). That's not to say nobody might get side effects with s-equol but it's certainly something I wouldn't worry about in the slightest.

Oh, and thanks man I have read quite much about Androgenetic Alopecia and hair follicle biology. You can too, everyone can. Just a matter of interest. No need to have any specific background either whatsoever.

img_sequol_map.jpg
But if s-equol downregulates AR wouldn't that mean the body won't develop hyperandrogenism/trigger the feedback loop that causes finasteride to lose it's effectiveness? I also find it interesting that asian populations tend to have higher levels of s-equol. Perhaps that's why male pattern baldness has a much lower presence in these areas.