It is getting worse every day!

G

Taugenichts, I know you looked at my pics, and my thinning on top looks alot like yours. I am about a Norwood 1.5 as well. People have said that mine is diffuse but i disagree with them because it doesn't look that way dry. Most of your thinning looks like it's in the crown with some towards the frontal area, but your hairline looks good from what I can tell.

I can also comb my hair forward to hide my crown just like you. I would suggest doing that.

You may be experiencing some finasteride shedding, but that hair will grow back in a few months if that's the case.

I would ride the finasteride out for a year, and if your hair still looks worse after that, dump it and switch to avodart.

G

JayMan said:
Taugenichts, I know you looked at my pics, and my thinning on top looks alot like yours. I am about a Norwood 1.5 as well. People have said that mine is diffuse but i disagree with them because it doesn't look that way dry. Most of your thinning looks like it's in the crown with some towards the frontal area, but your hairline looks good from what I can tell.

I can also comb my hair forward to hide my crown just like you. I would suggest doing that.

You may be experiencing some finasteride shedding, but that hair will grow back in a few months if that's the case.

I would ride the finasteride out for a year, and if your hair still looks worse after that, dump it and switch to avodart.

Hehe, if any one of you has posted a pic in this forum I have seen it :lol:
I also thought that our thinning looks similiar. Yes, the crown is definetly the bastard part at the moment. Though I have to say that my thinning is definetly diffuse. I will post some further pictures with my 3 months update which will show it more clearly. I will also show the thinning at the sides.

I have checked my hair line again and i also have to say that it doesn´t look that bad. I am nowhere near many guys who consider themselves Norwood 2, i am Norwood 1.5. CCS said my hair line looks like Vince Vaughn´s hence I think the pics must be misleading. It really isn´t that bad particularly if you keep in mind that I have had some small temple recession since puberty though with a straight hairline. Of course I comb it forward, in order to hide my shame :oops:, not even the Norwood spotters of HairLossTalk.com might notice the recession like that.

At the moment I will definetly continue with finasteride, I don´t get any really bad sides and I will have the patience, dutasteride and/or minoxidil might be an option for the future. Nevertheless thanks for the encouragement!

CCS

Reaction score
oh, now I know who you are. or rather I've seen your pic. didn't you say you never had a girlfriend but could have before but were too dumb to take the opportunity? Talking about your size, i thought you had one by now.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
oh, now I know who you are. or rather I've seen your pic. didn't you say you never had a girlfriend but could have before but were too dumb to take the opportunity? Talking about your size, i thought you had one by now.

It is not that i could have "had a girlfriend". I could have had really hot girlfriends, though I won´t post their pictures for obvious reasons.
One looked like Paris Hilton´s sister Nicky:
nicky_hilton_150c.jpg

No joke! I simply turned them down or didn´t know what to do. I blame this on my general stupidity and failure. I am planning to post some more details about my wasted life in this section. It will be a story of failure and disaster without a happy end. :cry:

And size doesn´t matter! Yeah, it may be a good thing to know it is there, but it doesn´t help you to get chicks. They can´t see in your pants(I am not even sure whether it does help if they could.....). And even when it is about to get used: It is pretty useless when the 24year old has no idea about how to use it........ :cry:

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
No joke! I simply turned them down or didn´t know what to do. I blame this on my general stupidity and failure. I am planning to post some more details about my wasted life in this section. It will be a story of failure and disaster without a happy end. :cry:

But the good news is you're only 24 - plenty of time to put things right if you use it.

G

Yep, this sounds like good news, but keep in mind that I have now started balding. if finasteride actually manages to stop it and give me some density again I would definetly change my life!

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I could go back a few years I would do some things differently, and a lot of things indecently. Youth means a second chance. The aging process is a crazy mixed bag - some people handle it brilliantly, other seem to fall apart. I think I fall into the latter category. When you've got yourself convinced that eating a bag of mixed nuts every day will restore your vitality, you're in real trouble.

CCS

Reaction score
women know size can't be predicted from height, but they also know guys who are 6 feet tall are on average 6/5 as long as guys who are 5 feet tall.

as for skill, it feels much better just having it in, even if you don't give them an orgasm. just don't ram them or go fast with it and you will be fine. She will take time to let you get the skill.

More than one of my female friends told me it matters a lot and they would take a worse looking guy for some extra size.

average guys don't have to worry since not enough decent looking or above average looking guys are large, so there are still plenty of women remaining. yeah, it is true though that they don't know your size right away so you don't get all the help you want, but height is kind of an advertisement there. So is confidence. If you are very confident, and small, you can take many women home while they thinkk your are confident for a reason, though they will probably not be interested once they find out. And if you are shy, some might wonder if it is because you are small and know it matters. So faking it is good.

powersam

Reaction score
are you talking about his wang size? how do you know his wang size? and why is his wang size relevant ?

G

My sister and some of my female friends told me it matters a lot and they would take a worse looking guy for some extra size.

I would feel so uncomfortable talking to my sister about that.

CCS

Reaction score
so would I, except no one on here knows her. I'll change the wording though.

G

tchehow
If I could go back a few years I would do some things differently, and a lot of things indecently. Youth means a second chance. The aging process is a crazy mixed bag - some people handle it brilliantly, other seem to fall apart. I think I fall into the latter category. When you've got yourself convinced that eating a bag of mixed nuts every day will restore your vitality, you're in real trouble.

If I could go back ten years I would also change a lot. most important I wouldn´t waste my youth by being overweight, I should have lost the weight I had gained at the age of 13/14 immediatly. Now I am slim and in top shape again. I have also huge trouble getting older. I am feeling old since I am 17, when I started to regret all these chances I have had in my life. this was also the real start of my depressions and the time when I didn´t go out at nights anymore. i don´t need to tell you that this feeling is getting worse every year. But let´s say I manage to stop my hairloss within one year and the crown is getting thicker, I would change a lot. i would move away from my mother, choose another career, get a car and maybe even share a house or an apartment with other people in order to learn some social skills, etc . Let´s hope destiny has one more chance for me left....... :angel:

G

women know size can't be predicted from height, but they also know guys who are 6 feet tall are on average 6/5 as long as guys who are 5 feet tall.

as for skill, it feels much better just having it in, even if you don't give them an orgasm. just don't ram them or go fast with it and you will be fine. She will take time to let you get the skill.

More than one of my female friends told me it matters a lot and they would take a worse looking guy for some extra size.

average guys don't have to worry since not enough decent looking or above average looking guys are large, so there are still plenty of women remaining. yeah, it is true though that they don't know your size right away so you don't get all the help you want, but height is kind of an advertisement there. So is confidence. If you are very confident, and small, you can take many women home while they thinkk your are confident for a reason, though they will probably not be interested once they find out. And if you are shy, some might wonder if it is because you are small and know it matters. So faking it is good.

It is not only the skill I am missing with sex. It is the shame for my life. I am really ashamed of my life. I have an avoidant personality disorder (among various other disorders..... :cry: )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_p ... y_disorder

What would most people think about someone who is a male virgin at 24, has no friends, no plans for his future, no car and so on..... It would drive me crazy if other people knew the truth about me. For instance me and the Nicky Hilton lookalike were studying together about one year ago. She is very communicative, has lots of friends and has plans for a future career. She is the exact opposite of me. Damn, I must be really goodlooking, that I could have had her. She surely noticed that there is something wrong with me, nevertheless she started giving me looks and flirted with me when we were together in a group and had to work over some task. But I simply didn´t know what to do, I was a scary coward. How would I explain the mess which is called my "life"?

And it doesn´t surprise me that size actually matters for females. I have often read this, there is a guy with a penis complex, posting about his size. And at first he gets the politically correct bullshit such as: "It doesn´t matter" "Love is in the heart" and the useless trash you hear from them. But then is one of them saying that it does matter for her when it comes to sex and various other people follow her. It always takes one person to break the politically incorrect taboo and then other people jump in.

I think all I might need apart from social skill is confidence. I think I have reason to be confident. But I am not and I am sure other people can see it. I was always an outsider in my life who got teased: In the different schools I have been, in the tennis and soccer clubs, when I was doing military service I got fooled by "comrades". I was always taller and stronger them, but I didn´t know how to defend myself. I think there is something invisible about me, that makes me automatically an outsider, but I don´t know what is it...... :x

CCS

Reaction score
adasf

CCS

Reaction score
put on a baseball cap, get sex with a pretty woman, don't let her see the back until after she sees your size. Once she knows what size you are, that should compensate quite well for the mild hair loss you have now. Then make her your girlfriend.

porajj

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

It is not only the skill I am missing with sex. It is the shame for my life. I am really ashamed of my life. I have an avoidant personality disorder (among various other disorders..... :cry: )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_p ... y_disorder

What would most people think about someone who is a male virgin at 24, has no friends, no plans for his future, no car and so on..... It would drive me crazy if other people knew the truth about me. For instance me and the Nicky Hilton lookalike were studying together about one year ago. She is very communicative, has lots of friends and has plans for a future career. She is the exact opposite of me. Damn, I must be really goodlooking, that I could have had her. She surely noticed that there is something wrong with me, nevertheless she started giving me looks and flirted with me when we were together in a group and had to work over some task. But I simply didn´t know what to do, I was a scary coward. How would I explain the mess which is called my "life"?

And it doesn´t surprise me that size actually matters for females. I have often read this, there is a guy with a penis complex, posting about his size. And at first he gets the politically correct bullshit such as: "It doesn´t matter" "Love is in the heart" and the useless trash you hear from them. But then is one of them saying that it does matter for her when it comes to sex and various other people follow her. It always takes one person to break the politically incorrect taboo and then other people jump in.

I think all I might need apart from social skill is confidence. I think I have reason to be confident. But I am not and I am sure other people can see it. I was always an outsider in my life who got teased: In the different schools I have been, in the tennis and soccer clubs, when I was doing military service I got fooled by "comrades". I was always taller and stronger them, but I didn´t know how to defend myself. I think there is something invisible about me, that makes me automatically an outsider, but I don´t know what is it...... :x

Honestly, there is no shame in being 24 and a virgin. I know quite a few dudes in the same boat. Its no big deal.

I might get expelled from the society of maininess for saying this but, sex isnt that big of a deal. Its important when you actually have a gf, but its not something that you should force like all those tv programs and movies make it out to be.

Anyways, the most important thing is to be yourself and not care what other people think. No one can tell you how to do that-- you're just going to have to figure it out on your own.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know this disorder - sometimes I'm embarrassed just by being alive, I mean, an acute sense of shame about even existing. I cry when people praise me & I cry when people criticise me, because I just wish they hadn't noticed me at all. I sometimes make rude or unreasonable remarks so I can enjoy the pain of regretting them. I reject before I am rejected, and quickly. I feel alternately superior & inferior. I feel special & non-special. I feel the world owes me something but I work as though it didn't. I am beautiful but I am ugly as sin.

The approach of cognitive therapy is to examine these feelings as they occur - to log them and their frequency and analyse the circumstances which prompted them. It can be very successful, if you get a good counsellor. I found this disorder so tied to my interior and intellectual life that I couldn't bear to part with it. It was useful to me in a creative sense and I didn't want to lose the occasional 'special' feeling I had so that I might feel 'non-special' all the time.

It is entirely up to you, Tauge, whether you feel you can let go of it and get the help you obviously deserve. I wasn't able or willing to empower myself that way. I had gotten to enjoy my ivory tower.

About women - it is possible to hide these feelings from them for short periods of time, but not in the long term. They manifest themselves in an ardent wish to be alone and most relationships can't survive that wish. That's why I find myself alone at 30.

G

Thank you guys for your kind words!

CCS, actually I am not quiet. If you knew me I can be very communicative and even entertaining. The problem is that I am really unsure about what I am doing or saying. So in order to say nothing wrong I say nothing at all. i am sure that some people would even consider me arrogant, since they do not see that I am actually suffering of a low, basicall non-existing, self confidence. But I don´t think I am that good looking. I really can´t say what I am. For being honest I have a body dismorphobic disorder and often feel very ugly. Though I think I could really improve my looks. I might gain some more muscles at the gym, I even have some minor acne which I have started to treat just recently and I could dress much better if I had a friend who could give me advices what suits me and what not. I know nothing about fashion.

At the moment I would not even need a baseball cap to hide my shame. in discotheques or musicclubs it is rather dark so that they could never see my thinning at the crown. But at the moment I have no energy to do anything apart from thinking about my hair loss. If my hair gets better I would definetly do something like that. I even though about a hair transplant within the next time since HM is still so far away.

G

porajj said:
Honestly, there is no shame in being 24 and a virgin. I know quite a few dudes in the same boat. Its no big deal.

I might get expelled from the society of maininess for saying this but, sex isnt that big of a deal. Its important when you actually have a gf, but its not something that you should force like all those tv programs and movies make it out to be.

Anyways, the most important thing is to be yourself and not care what other people think. No one can tell you how to do that-- you're just going to have to figure it out on your own.

Yes, I don´t think I am rare exception. My personal assumption is that up to 25% of all males lose their virginity after the age of 19. It is nothing to be ashamed of, but nevertheless people make fun of us. The same could be said about balding. Losing hair in early twenties happens to many males, nevertheless we all try to hide it and many people make fun of us. :cry: