It is getting worse every day!

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I knew Napoleon was short but I didn't know he was bald. Some people think he was the first anti-Christ - if he was fat too that would make up the evil triumvirate - short, fat and bald. Definitely the anti-Christ.

I think I'm going crazy.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That´s it. He was short, fat and bald.

But clever. He became emperor, commander of a great army, the most politically powerful man of his time, rich as hell, and his actions still have consequences nowadays.

That´s a whole point to think about for those guys who are thinking about suicide. There is more in life than baldness.

G

TO DavidSWP

to DavidSWP

did you know ways to kill yourself? because i really feel you should do it. and if you dont do it, im gona come to you and do it for you. you know, i got an IQ of 139. i will find a way to do it fine and clean. ;)

balu123

Reaction score
Moin Moin Taugenichts,

I had the same problems in summer 2005.... I had incredible shedding and had only my hair loss in mind... I started with finasteride then (first 1mg, then 2,5mg and finally 5mg).... It didn't stop my hair loss but only slowed it down... in the last weeks my scalp started itching again and I lost more hair... that why from tomorrow I'll take dutas...

please buddy, don't waste a whole year like me... start with dutas RIGHT now, because I bet that your hair is sensible as mine to DHT...

start now or you'd regret it

bye
balu

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
be nice to yourself.
dont give to selfdestructive urges..its the easy way to go when problems seems to cover your eyes.

if you really have to get it out of the system either get yourself pissdrunk (my method) until you pass out.

then u get plenty of anxiety downtime the next day and will appreciate simple things like being able to eat and stand on your legs without puking.

or exercise until you cant stand up(it removes stress in the body).

the hair is important but not everyone care about it as much as the victim of hairloss.

A nice smile or pretty eyes can be more attractive..hair is not really the first thing i look at on someone i flirt with.

And for friends who really care about the looks? its the inner qualities that matter there.

PS.(dont touch really old people they might be zombies and eat your brain!).ds

CCS

Reaction score
If I hit NW4, I'm going to take all my hair treatment money and save up for an ultra light airplane that can fly to 6000 feet near those big fluffy clouds. I want one with two 3-horse power engines so I can sit in the middle and not have as much wind in my face. And it will have a small wind shield to be more streamlined and still have wind on me but not too much. I would really like a two seater, though. One I can fold up and put in a car trunk in an hour, drive out somewhere, and two people put together on the side of the road in an hour and then take off flying at 30 or 40 miles per hour, and stay airborn for 30 minutes. Imagine that. I think I can have one built for $10,000. Maybe $20,000.

Am I the only one here who looks up at the fluffy low clouds and wants to fly through the tunnels? I saw them out the window of an airplane once. I even designed a human powered transmition that is more efficient than a bicycle transmition, but I don't think it is strong enough to fly.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
College - now you're talkin'. I'm glad to see you have some interests aside from this mission you're on.

Flying is truly a joy. If you really have an interest, don't wait until you're a NW4 or until some other percentage threshold is met. You can obtain training for and receive your private pilot's license (single-engine land, VFR) for $5000 or less. It opens a whole new world to you...and is something you'll enjoy for the rest of your life. I highly recommend it....assuming you can pass your medical...which means you have to have your head screwed on straight. That, unfortunately, will exclude some guys on this forum.

I've been curious about the ultralights myself....but I prefer, for the time being, something a little more substantial...Cessna 172 or similar.

CCS

Reaction score
how much does it cost to rent a cessna for 2 hours? does it cost more, besides fuel, to take others onboard? And is there good visibility in the back seat? $5000 is not so bad.

I could take women in a plane. It would not get me laid, but I'd have company. I'd rather take my brother or sister up, though.

CCS

Reaction score
If the license is too pricy for some, another thing to do during a summer rain storm is to wear flip flops and swim trunks and go riding your bicycle in the rain. I've done that a few times. It is fun, expecially when there is some lightning. I then go ride to a nearby hill and look at the view of the valley.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
how much does it cost to rent a cessna for 2 hours? does it cost more, besides fuel, to take others onboard? And is there good visibility in the back seat? $5000 is not so bad.

I could take women in a plane. It would not get me laid, but I'd have company. I'd rather take my brother or sister up, though.

Just like everything else it varies by geography, but the going rate these days seems to be around $100-125/hour for a Cessna 172 that has VFR instrumentation. That is a "wet" rate...don't get excited now...it just means it includes fuel.

You can carry whatever you want, including passengers, as long as it's not for pay (otherwise you need a commercial license). The 172 is a 4-place aircraft...but all 4 can't weight 200 lbs...and you have to balance fuel load with passenger/cargo load. It can only lift so much off the ground.

Of course, the 172 is but one type. The 150/152 is a 2-place aircraft that is generally used for training. Then there's the 182 which is more powerful, faster, and can carry more. The list goes on forever. One can get additional ratings to allow for instrument flight, "complex aircraft" which means retractable gear and a constant-speed Propecia, multi-engine, turbine, etc...sky's the limit as long as you have the $$$.

rawbd

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I am on finasteride since about 2 weeks, but it is getting worse every day. I am still afraid of a heavy minoxidil shed. If i am losing 200 hairs a day without minoxidil, I might lose like 500 hairs a day using it. My nerves wouldn´t survive this. For now I can only hope.

Dude, I am losing hair extremely fast too. I was on finasteride for 6 weeks but had to quite due to sides and honestly before I was on finasteride I only had crown thinning. Since I started finasteride my male pattern baldness has gone nuts and even my sides and back are shedding. In 8 months I have lost tons of hair.

G

rawbd said:
Dude, I am losing hair extremely fast too. I was on finasteride for 6 weeks but had to quite due to sides and honestly before I was on finasteride I only had crown thinning. Since I started finasteride my male pattern baldness has gone nuts and even my sides and back are shedding. In 8 months I have lost tons of hair.

In 8 months I will be bald if it continues like that..... What´s your Norwood at the moment? I really think it is the stress which accelerates MBP. :cry:

CCS

Reaction score
read about telogen efluvium on http://www.altbaldspot.com.

do you think some company tried to synthesize finasteride and messed up and made a strong androgen instead?

rawbd

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
rawbd said:

In 8 months I will be bald if it continues like that..... What´s your Norwood at the moment? I really think it is the stress which accelerates MBP. :cry:

Not really a Norwood anything yet, but I've gotten really diffuse on top in a horseshoe pattern. I'll try to post a picture.

rawbd

Reaction score
read about telogen efluvium on http://www.altbaldspot.com.

do you think some company tried to synthesize finasteride and messed up and made a strong androgen instead?

Well a number of people on here have had finasteride sheds that they haven't recovered from. I don't think anyone can explain that but there are threads about this if you search. I just find it odd that in January my mom pointed out that I had thinning on my crown. When I looked in the mirror it was indeed thin but only in a small area on my crown. I waited 6 weeks to get on any treatment and my crown looked the same with no thinning or shedding that I could notice. I got on finasteride and a couple weeks in and ever since I've been shedding like crazy and diffusely thinning very fast. Who knows, maybe my male pattern baldness just decided to go wild and the finasteride had nothing to do with it.

CCS

Reaction score
wow. That is interesting. I'm just on here looking for a combo that will grow dense hair below my slick hair line. finasteride has always been good at maintaining my hair. I wonder if most people on here had bad results. I hope finasteride's spectrum is different enough from testosterone's (which is published) that I can tell the difference in the other pills. Were you using US bought propecia or proscar?

rawbd

Reaction score
wow. That is interesting. I'm just on here looking for a combo that will grow dense hair below my slick hair line. finasteride has always been good at maintaining my hair. I wonder if most people on here had bad results. I hope finasteride's spectrum is different enough from testosterone's (which is published) that I can tell the difference in the other pills. Were you using US bought propecia or proscar?

I was using CVS bought Propecia. I didn't quit because of the shedding but because I guess I was one of the 2% that got sexual side effects. finasteride definitely seems to help most people so don't quit if it's doing fine for you. If I didn't get the sides I would have continued with the finasteride.

G

damn, rawbd, it really scares me to read about a finasteride shed that won´t regrow...... :freaked:

Judge yourself, these pics I have posted in my other thread:

Pic 1: Day 5 of my finasteride treatment
Pic 2: Two weeks later

In general my hair seems thinner on top since I started. Scalp can be easier seen under bright light. I thought my shampoo against Seborrheic dermatitis may have been too agressive, but this doesn´t seem to make sense. It is my assumption that my obsession and stress with hair loss have accelerated MBP. I hope it will stop and the lost hairs will regrow. I don´t believe that by coincidence my hair loss started to get heavy just when I started finasteride.
At the moment, the hair line seems thinner, but it still seems to be Norwood 1.5. it is impossible to tell that I have a slight recession when my hair is combed forward.
Though I can´t see the horsehoe at the moment, my hair at the sides is also very thin, but 2 different derms confirmed that it is definetly MBP. I am also sure that is MBP, the crown thinning and temple recession are there. It may be Telogen Effluvium also as well. My hair has definetly become thinner at the sides, since I used to have very thick hair all over my head. At the moment, I don´t know what to do apart from waiting :cry: