Is This Already Norwood 3 Or "only" Norwood 2?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Could be true. That's why I edited my comment. But then again I see NW3 goes to the ear in example pictures and I'm not at that level yet. But not a full NW2 either. More like in the middle.
Regardless, you are being proactive early enough to reach your goal which is to try to slow down your process until we have better treatments or if you decide in the future you want a hair transplant. At least you can admit that you know you have a problem. That is the first step in fighting this war.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just read all of this.

Have you tried shorter haircuts? My hair is at a very similar point to yours(same age too)and I used to have the same hairstyle. It was honestly the most annoying thing ever to try and comb it over and hide the recession, constantly “fix” it etc. Keep in mind I had this hairstyle since like 14yrs old.

2 months in finasteride, I went shorter. 2 on the sides and about 2/3 inches on top. Best decision I made in my life, its still a “combover” but like a classy one you’d see in the work office. Yea you could see the recession on one side but it looks normal. Can’t stress enough how good of a decision it was.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just read all of this.

Have you tried shorter haircuts? My hair is at a very similar point to yours(same age too)and I used to have the same hairstyle. It was honestly the most annoying thing ever to try and comb it over and hide the recession, constantly “fix” it etc. Keep in mind I had this hairstyle since like 14yrs old.

2 months in finasteride, I went shorter. 2 on the sides and about 2/3 inches on top. Best decision I made in my life, its still a “combover” but like a classy one you’d see in the work office. Yea you could see the recession on one side but it looks normal. Can’t stress enough how good of a decision it was.
Yeah I normally have it shorter and just today I actually cut it super short. A bit too short but in a few weeks when it has grown out a bit it should look okay. I just thought roughly a year ago "f*** it and let's grow it out and see where it goes". I liked it and got compliments but as soon as the wind blew, the hair was all over my damn face and I'm too lazy to put product into it. So like I said it's now super short (for my standards). For now at least.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and btw I have made a new thread where I will update every month how things go so if you want to check it out you can. The hair is still long in the latest update tho.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Decided to post my results also here after not even 5 months on finasteride and even less time since I'm on minoxidil. I seem to respond quite well and I'm pretty happy with the progress so far.

Attachments

• 20200728_203927.jpg
    20200728_203927.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 604
  • 20200728_205406.jpg
    20200728_205406.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 602
  • 20200728_203941.jpg
    20200728_203941.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 634
  • 20200726_220036.jpg
    20200726_220036.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 627
  • 20200728_205231.jpg
    20200728_205231.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 629

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Decided to post my results also here after not even 5 months on finasteride and even less time since I'm on minoxidil. I seem to respond quite well and I'm pretty happy with the progress so far.
Looking good man. 5 months is plenty early and it seems like you responding well. Definitely hasn’t gotten worse almost seems like you have gained. Would you say you’ve gained or maintained?

How long have you been on minoxidil?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking good man. 5 months is plenty early and it seems like you responding well. Definitely hasn’t gotten worse almost seems like you have gained. Would you say you’ve gained or maintained?

How long have you been on minoxidil?
I have definitely gained. My hairline slowly fills in for the last month or so and my temples at the side came back a bit too. In addition my hair feels thicker even tho it was already thick. I'm on minoxidil for 3 months now I would say.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have definitely gained. My hairline slowly fills in for the last month or so and my temples at the side came back a bit too. In addition my hair feels thicker even tho it was already thick. I'm on minoxidil for 3 months now I would say.
Yea, definitely notice the difference. Congrats man you seem to be a very good responder and it’s very early on time wise, lets see how the next half year goes.

How many times a day do you apply minoxidil? Do you only apply it to your temples?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, definitely notice the difference. Congrats man you seem to be a very good responder and it’s very early on time wise, lets see how the next half year goes.

How many times a day do you apply minoxidil? Do you only apply it to your temples?
Thank you, appreciate it.
I apply it once a day and yes, just on the temples.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think minoxidil is the cause for your regrowth. Typically, finasteride doesnt regrow anything it just stops the process, this motivates me to try minoxidil but probably wont lol.

Do the regrown hairs have the same density/ stiffness as the rest of your hair or would you say its quite flimsy/baby-ish?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think minoxidil is the cause for your regrowth. Typically, finasteride doesnt regrow anything it just stops the process, this motivates me to try minoxidil but probably wont lol.

Do the regrown hairs have the same density/ stiffness as the rest of your hair or would you say its quite flimsy/baby-ish?

The hair that was there but weak is now almost as thick as the other hairs but a lot of the regrown hair is still weak. Not baby hair weak it has actually grown to a decent length, even tho there are a lot of new baby hairs too, it's just weak and not so stiff as the rest so if it's windy.. that sh*t gets messed up lmao.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair that was there but weak is now almost as thick as the other hairs but a lot of the regrown hair is still weak. Not baby hair weak it has actually grown to a decent length, even tho there are a lot of new baby hairs too, it's just weak and not so stiff as the rest so if it's windy.. that sh*t gets messed up lmao.
Figured. Regardless though you had better results in 5 months than I have in 15months. Congrats.

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe 1.5 with a high hairline. I think you should keep your hair short from the sides and back.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair is continuing to improve. There is still a lot of new hair growth. Even the temporal triangles start to form a bit. Still white baby hair but in the right lighting you can see the shape already.

Attachments

• 20200822_182629.jpg
    20200822_182629.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 600

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair is continuing to improve. There is still a lot of new hair growth. Even the temporal triangles start to form a bit. Still white baby hair but in the right lighting you can see the shape already.
Terrific results! Congratulations man.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks really good right now. There is still some recession (even tho it got much better) and I'm shedding a bit right now but my hair has become so thick/dense that you literally can't see any recession unless I'm pulling the hairline back where I'm still a NW2.

The density has improved so much over the last three months tho it's crazy.

Attachments

• 20200921_220402.jpg
    20200921_220402.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 356
  • 20200909_145849.jpg
    20200909_145849.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 351
  • 20200921_221301.jpg
    20200921_221301.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks really good right now. The recession is still there and I'm shedding a bit right now but my hair has become so thick/dense that you literally can't see any recession unless I'm pulling the hairline back where I'm still a NW2 to maybe 2,5.

The density has improved so much over the last three months tho it's crazy.
holy sh*t that's incredible