Is This Already Norwood 3 Or "only" Norwood 2?

lonelypanda

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use it once a day in the morning. I use the foam and just go with my feeling on how much I apply. I apply it directly. Only on the temples. Then I massage it in for a minute or so. Most of the times my scalp is dry. Hope that clears things up for you. I don't do anything special tbh.
Cool thanks, man. Just started minoxidil this week once per day, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some legit strategy or something haha. Congrats on the gains

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh. No words. Good knowing you, you can safely exit this forum. Who gives af if thats not a NW1, nobody on earth would say youre even close to balding. Insane, very jealous.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use it once a day in the morning. I use the foam and just go with my feeling on how much I apply. I apply it directly. Only on the temples. Then I massage it in for a minute or so. Most of the times my scalp is dry. Hope that clears things up for you. I don't do anything special tbh.
Do you usually take showers in the morning? If so, do you wait a couple of hours for the minoxidil to absorb in? I find it odd you use it in the morning. Isn’t your hair just greasy for the rest of the day?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you usually take showers in the morning? If so, do you wait a couple of hours for the minoxidil to absorb in? I find it odd you use it in the morning. Isn’t your hair just greasy for the rest of the day?
Most of the time I take a shower, then breakfast and then go into the bath for my morning routine. My hair is pretty dry by that point and my hair doesn't get greasy, or oily either in fact, easily. I don't style it either so the foam is more like a mini styler for my hair. It holds it in place a bit as my hair is really heavy and just flops all over otherwise. So in my case it is perfectly fine in the morning, even advantageous. But everyone is different. So you just have to find what's good for you.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of the time I take a shower, then breakfast and then go into the bath for my morning routine. My hair is pretty dry by that point and my hair doesn't get greasy, or oily either in fact, easily. I don't style it either so the foam is more like a mini styler for my hair. It holds it in place a bit as my hair is really heavy and just flops all over otherwise. So in my case it is perfectly fine in the morning, even advantageous. But everyone is different. So you just have to find what's good for you.
How often do you wash your hair?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you wash your hair?
2-3 times a week. If I have nothing to do like now because of lockdown and online classes sometimes even only once a week. I shower regularly but I believe it's not good to wash your with shampoo that often. And yeah my hair takes very long before it "looks unwashed". But as always everyone is different. I know people that have extremely oily hair just after missing one day of not shampooing for example.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I will start finasteride because of this

I’m starting to look like your starting photos - though I’m a year or two younger

I pray to god my results are similar to yours

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I will start finasteride because of this

I’m starting to look like your starting photos - though I’m a year or two younger

I pray to god my results are similar to yours
Start with saw palmetto first. You might not need to inhibit a 70 % of the DHT for stop hair loss. there is a " point " where inhibit more DHT will not cause you regrowth and will give you more side effects .

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start with saw palmetto first. You might not need to inhibit a 70 % of the DHT for stop hair loss. there is a " point " where inhibit more DHT will not cause you regrowth and will give you more side effects .
I agree with this mostly because I’ve recently read articles saying how a certain level of dht is decent for hair growth on the scalp. Sometimes you do need to nuke it if you’re extra sensitive, but maybe a lower level is effective for non aggressive balding cases

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with this mostly because I’ve recently read articles saying how a certain level of dht is decent for hair growth on the scalp. Sometimes you do need to nuke it if you’re extra sensitive, but maybe a lower level is effective for non aggressive balding cases

It doesn’t seem like people get results with SP- I’m a teen with a hairline as bad as the OP’s lowest point, seems I’m pretty sensitive to dht

I also got my dht and other hormones tested recently and it seems that my prolactin is Pretty high(not high enough to be a pituitary tumor but high enough to be quite a bit outside the reference range)

my dht and free t seems to be on the higher end and my serum t is middle of the road

My Shbg is very low

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn’t seem like people get results with SP- I’m a teen with a hairline as bad as the OP’s lowest point, seems I’m pretty sensitive to dht

I also got my dht and other hormones tested recently and it seems that my prolactin is Pretty high(not high enough to be a pituitary tumor but high enough to be quite a bit outside the reference range)

my dht and free t seems to be on the higher end and my serum t is middle of the road

My Shbg is very low
No, When you are a teen, actually you have the higher DHT you will have, so is the contrary actually . If you go bald ay your 40s , meand that lower dht levels are causing baldness . It is a really complex thing , is not that easy . Ig not, everybody with the male pattern baldness genes should start balnding in their teens years .

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on of the first ones on try Dutasteride, Januaty 2003 . I can say that in my case , An I used for around 15/16 years , it didn’t give me better results than finasteride . One you get certain levels and the baldimg zones stop to increase, inhibiting more DHT is useless and dangerous .

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, When you are a teen, actually you have the higher DHT you will have, so is the contrary actually . If you go bald ay your 40s , meand that lower dht levels are causing baldness . It is a really complex thing , is not that easy . Ig not, everybody with the male pattern baldness genes should start balnding in their teens years .
I was on of the first ones on try Dutasteride, Januaty 2003 . I can say that in my case , An I used for around 15/16 years , it didn’t give me better results than finasteride . One you get certain levels and the baldimg zones stop to increase, inhibiting more DHT is useless and dangerous .

I see what you mean. I think that going with finasteride and titrating down if I run into issues may be an optimal approach then

Honestly I’m interested in what chem head is saying in the other thread maybe his approach is a real holy grail

Bora

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using Finasteride and Minoxidyl 5% (Since 3 years for minoxidil), my right temple was in bad spot. Went from Norwood 1 to Norwood 2.5 from 18 to 20 years old .
Now i'm Norwood 1.75/1.5 , mostly stabilisation. I'm quite happy, my only regret is that i didn't start earlier. 0 Side effects. Just one pill every morning. Now i'm 22.5 :)
3 months passed on my dutasteride(2-3×Week), 3.5 months on minoxidil(once a two day) and I'm losing my frontal line ? What shall I do ? Should I use oral spironolactone ?

Quote Reply

Bora

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahh man that’s rough for 21. Well past Norwood 2, but not quite a Norwood 3.
3 months passed on my dutasteride(2-3×Week), 3.5 months on minoxidil(once a two day) and I'm losing my frontal line ? What shall I do ? Should I use oral spironolactone ?

Quote Reply

Bora

My Regimen
Reaction score
Incredible recovery. Nw3 to nw1.
Yet another mark against the 'just wait and see' crowd. Hop on now, not later.

Quote Reply

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
every few days I open up this thread to get some confidence

i started finasteride because of it and soon i think ill start min

@Niki99 has your hair gotten any better or worse since your last update??

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are y’all blind? Anyone else see barely any difference?

compare the pulled back wet hair pic to his pulled back pic before finasteride and there’s barely any difference. Still a Norwood 2.4

the only reason it looks Norwood 1 in those other pics is cause he flared up his front hair lmao

actually look at his pulled hair back pic and compare it to pre finasteride pulled back

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are y’all blind? Anyone else see barely any difference?

compare the pulled back wet hair pic to his pulled back pic before finasteride and there’s barely any difference. Still a Norwood 2.4

the only reason it looks Norwood 1 in those other pics is cause he flared up his front hair lmao

actually look at his pulled hair back pic and compare it to pre finasteride pulled back
He gained a lot of ground. You dont need to look very close to notice. Lighting and angels play a part but that’s as good as results as you can expect from finasteride + min only.