Is This Already Norwood 3 Or "only" Norwood 2?

pikthem

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hair is important, you should start treatment as fast as you can and get on the big three. If this is all recent, you might respond very well.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2. Like others have advised try to hop on medication.

If you just noticed it a year or so ago and it’s progressed that fast... well that’s not a good sign for your long term hair outlook.

More that likely it’s been receding for years and you just now are really “analyzing” it.

No I mean that my temples look like this for a year now maybe even longer. It's just that I first started to pay attention to it a year ago and since then nothing has changed besides that I started thinning all of a sudden but like I said I suspect that this has something to do with my surgery and medication because the timing is just right. But yes I definitely try to get Fina and then see how it progresses.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw I noticed that every hair that falls out has a white point at the end. Does this mean anything?
If I have effluvium is it wise to start Finasteride right now or should I wait a bit? I'm fearing it could make the effluvium way worse.

Last edited:

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get this much hair just by going through it with my hand a couple of times in a relatively non aggressive way. Could this be telogen effluvium related to my blood thinning medication that I took, knee injury and then later surgery? Like my temples looked like a NW2-2,5 for over a year now or even longer but for a few months now my hair just falls like crazy all of a sudden. Never happened before. And it's happening all over my head. Most of it on top but also on the sides and back of my head. Also wtf are these white bulbs on every hair? The root? I hope not man.

Attachments

• 20200226_124904.jpg
    20200226_124904.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 539

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using Finasteride and Minoxidyl 5% (Since 3 years for minoxidil), my right temple was in bad spot. Went from Norwood 1 to Norwood 2.5 from 18 to 20 years old .
Now i'm Norwood 1.75/1.5 , mostly stabilisation. I'm quite happy, my only regret is that i didn't start earlier. 0 Side effects. Just one pill every morning. Now i'm 22.5 :)
did minoxidil help with growth in front or ir mostly impacted the density all over?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get this much hair just by going through it with my hand a couple of times in a relatively non aggressive way. Could this be telogen effluvium related to my blood thinning medication that I took, knee injury and then later surgery? Like my temples looked like a NW2-2,5 for over a year now or even longer but for a few months now my hair just falls like crazy all of a sudden. Never happened before. And it's happening all over my head. Most of it on top but also on the sides and back of my head. Also wtf are these white bulbs on every hair? The root? I hope not man.
i have the exact same situation, we are just extremely rapidly balding, severe genetic hairloss

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have the exact same situation, we are just extremely rapidly balding, severe genetic hairloss
I doubt it. It perfectly lines up with my surgery, heparin and injury. I looked the white bulbs up and it seems that they indicate telogen effluvium, I lose hair all over and not only in the norwood regions, my temples didn't got worse for over a year now and even now they are the same pretty much. Also the thinning I have right now just started out of nowhere (again perfectly lining up with my injury, surgery and medication) and I don't really have a history of severely balding men in my family at least until their forties. Norwood 2 to 3? Sure. But being bald? Not really. And especially no diffuse hair loss. This happened to literally no one in my family.

Like I said before my theory is that I have genetic male pattern baldness in my temples but then it doesn't really get that worse until I'm around 45, just like my dad and other family members, and the shed I experience right now is due to telogen effluvium and it's caused by completely destroying my knee where I shredded three ligaments and suffered a bone bruise, the surgery one month later and by the blood thinning medication I had to take against thrombosis before and after the surgery.
It seems pretty logical but no one here even considers this a possibility or doesn't even mention it (besides you of course thanks for that but even you are brushing this off like it's that simple). Like I know that my temples are receded and that they will get worse but I wanna talk about this diffuse thinning that I have right now and go in depth with the symptoms and why they are/are not related to telogen effluvium. I think they are but I could be wrong and if I am I need it properly explained with facts. Thank you.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
I did it! Got a prescription for Finasteride through an online Doctor. It will be at my home in roughly two days. I thought about starting with 1 mg every second day to ease into it a bit and because of economic reasons. Thoughts on that? If I manage to remember I will keep this thread updated. Success would be stabilization/regrowth (regrowth would be nice but not necessary as my hair is still thick).

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
I did it! Got a prescription for Finasteride through an online Doctor. It will be at my home in roughly two days. I thought about starting with 1 mg every second day to ease into it a bit and because of economic reasons. Thoughts on that? If I manage to remember I will keep this thread updated. Success would be stabilization/regrowth (regrowth would be nice but not necessary as my hair is still thick).
how much did you pay in germany?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how much did you pay in germany?
I feel a lot. 115 euros for 98 pills. But it should be manageable since I'm only taking 3 per week and my loss doesn't seem aggresive. Didn't lose anything over the last year if anything my hair slightly improved compared to a month ago. I will get it today and I will post baseline pics to compare it to in a few months. My prediction is that nothing will change and my hair stays the same which is a good thing.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is well past Telogen Effluvium territory. Telogen Effluvium occurs all over the head, not specific areas only. There can be multiple thinning patches but it doesn’t usually create bald patches.

The chances of you having a unicorn version of Telogen Effluvium that somehow me leaves manifests in the exact way that male pattern baldness does are slim to none and that’s not a chance you can afford to take. You can’t afford to lose anymore hair at this point. If you waited to confirm Telogen Effluvium and it turned out you were wrong you would probably be an NW3 augmented by systemic diffuse thinning.

It’s a good thing you are starting now. Plenty of people out there who allowed denial to keep them from acting before it was too late.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is well past Telogen Effluvium territory. Telogen Effluvium occurs all over the head, not specific areas only. There can be multiple thinning patches but it doesn’t usually create bald patches.

The chances of you having a unicorn version of Telogen Effluvium that somehow me leaves manifests in the exact way that male pattern baldness does are slim to none and that’s not a chance you can afford to take. You can’t afford to lose anymore hair at this point. If you waited to confirm Telogen Effluvium and it turned out you were wrong you would probably be an NW3 augmented by systemic diffuse thinning.

It’s a good thing you are starting now. Plenty of people out there who allowed denial to keep them from acting before it was too late.
Well I did lose hair all over my head, even in the donor areas, but it seems that it has stopped. I'm not losing hair anymore and it's still really thick. Even in the shower I lose maybe 20-30 hairs at most and I'm not showering every day. I'm pretty sure I had a mixture of male pattern baldness and telogen effluvium related to my injury. The temples were receded for a long time tho and I'm not arguing that the temple recession is caused by telogen effluvium because there is a 99% chance that it is not. That's why I start with treatment before it's getting worse. It doesn't seem to be aggressive so I'm positive I can at least keep what I have. But thinking that nothing will get worse in the next years without treatment would be delusional.

Last edited:

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started today. I will keep this thread updated maybe every month or so or when something drastically changes.
This is how it looks right now. Not too bad. If I can hold onto that I'm more than happy.

Attachments

• 20200310_231521.jpg
    20200310_231521.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 594
  • 20200311_101402.jpg
    20200311_101402.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 619
  • 20200311_101423.jpg
    20200311_101423.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 612
  • 20200311_101447.jpg
    20200311_101447.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 615
  • 20200311_101525.jpg
    20200311_101525.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 639
  • 20200311_165712.jpg
    20200311_165712.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 621

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said before I'm updating every month now and it has been a bit over a month. No side effects so far. I still lose a good amount of hair in the shower and I notice some on my pillow but this could also be because I don't wash my hair that often right now and it begins to become relatively long now. Other than that I don't think much has changed but that's to be expected and good.
The pics were after washing my hair and combing it back. So they were wet here.

Attachments

• 20200413_225546.jpg
    20200413_225546.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 531
  • 20200413_225525.jpg
    20200413_225525.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 552
  • 20200413_225506.jpg
    20200413_225506.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 532
  • 20200413_225419.jpg
    20200413_225419.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 556
  • 20200413_225341.jpg
    20200413_225341.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 541
  • 20200413_231512.jpg
    20200413_231512.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 549

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having seen the new pics you're a 3. Either finasteride or the razor blade will need to be in your routine for the forseeable future. Good luck. At least your density is great.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having seen the new pics you're a 3. Either finasteride or the razor blade will need to be in your routine for the forseeable future. Good luck. At least your density is great.
Buddy if you had been bothered enough to read you would have known that this update is BECAUSE I am on finasteride for a month now lmao. The reading comprehension in this forum is severely lacking. I noticed that a few times now. Or you just didn't bother. Also a possibility.

Buy yes fortunately my density is very good. This is how my hair looks when I wake up lol. I don't even know what to do with it that's why I also said I hope finasteride keeps what I have and nobody "normal" would even notice my recession.

Attachments

• 20200414_065300.jpg
    20200414_065300.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
No I don't think so. I'm 1) not a 3 and 2) it's like that for years now. Why so positive towards other people and negative towards me?

And buddy if you had been bothered enough to read you would haven known that this update is BECAUSE I am on finasteride for a month now lmao. The reading comprehension in this forum is severely lacking. I noticed that a few times now.
Google, NW3A hair transplants. You will see your pattern fits that the best. You are not a NW2 anymore. The good news is you are starting finasteride at a young age and your hair characteristics will allow you to hide your recession for many years if you stick to your treatments.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Google, NW3A hair transplants. You will see your pattern fits that the best. You are not a NW2 anymore. The good news is you are starting finasteride at a young age and your hair characteristics will allow you to hide your recession for many years if you stick to your treatments.
Could be true. That's why I edited my comment. But then again I see NW3 goes to the ear in example pictures and I'm not at that level yet. But not a full NW2 either. More like in the middle.