Is This Acceptable At 39 Years Old?

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
another pic that shows hairline a bit more(clear balding).

Attachments

• 20190519_194851.jpg
    20190519_194851.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 209

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
another pic that shows hairline a bit more(clear balding).
Let's see you show the whole hairline by pulling it back. Hard to see what's really going on.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
brushed back

Attachments

• 20190523_161318.jpg
    20190523_161318.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 20190523_161318.jpg
    20190523_161318.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 200

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't look like you have any loss of density. Just slight hairline recession maybe which happens to all men with age even those that don't ever go bald.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
raised eyebrow....wtf does that mean....don't think i could raise my eyebrow if i wanted to.....selfie smile thats it......if my eyebrows are raised thats because they were born that way imao

Umber

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what's typically known as a mature hairline. A 39 year old is not supposed to have a completely straight juvenile hairline, that would just look weird. You seem to have a NW1.5 hairline, which is absolutely perfect for your age. Keep popping the finasteride pills and you'll be fine for many years to come

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
This is what's typically known as a mature hairline. A 39 year old is not supposed to have a completely straight juvenile hairline, that would just look weird. You seem to have a NW1.5 hairline, which is absolutely perfect for your age. Keep popping the finasteride pills and you'll be fine for many years to come
It is hard to assess his Norwood as he won't pull his hairline back with his hands to expose his temples and hairline but you might be right. He does have great density for his age but look what happened to @bluecyclone once he hit 40. I lost most of my density after 39.

Last edited:

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
doctor house you're correct in that it is more receded than the pics show......even though my hair has lost about 35% of original density the hair still has a lot of volume that allows it to look ok sometimes......im at work at the moment but will do a snap later exposing my hairline with my hand....also i dont think there is a age were you're safe from baldness and actually think i will be bald sooner or later.....family history fathers side is norwood 1 all the way.....mothers side isnt as good mothers father norwood 5,maternal uncle norwood 3,.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you will be fine. If I brushed my hair back, I would look like I only have three strands of hair...

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WTF its really hard to see a problem from your photos. Maybe very minor recession at the temples but that could just be a mature hairline. I think you need to show us some proper photos where you really pull it back with your hands, as we are probably seeing the public version where you try to hide it.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not buying this.. you could be thinning but It’s not noticeable