Is This Acceptable At 39 Years Old?

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 119612 i have been balding since i was 25 now 39....affected me in a lot of ways low self confidence,denial,anger,the full shabang.
im from uk.....with mostly english,irish and italian heritage....think this is important due to different countries more male pattern baldness e.g mexican low,greek high.
is this still ok for a 39 year old or am i deludi g myself.
please forgive pics....i hate looking at photos of myself and just did these in my back yard....which was weird because have not taken a selfie for about 6 years.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20190521-211507.jpg
    VideoCapture_20190521-211507.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 718
  • VideoCapture_20190521-211628.jpg
    VideoCapture_20190521-211628.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 727

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude u look great, u have very good hair what are talking about balding :). Not much greying either, u look very good for ur age mate.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
i thanks scared of balding......my hair actually has about 20% grey pics dont really point it out......i think looking great is wrong but as long as don't look as bad as i think i do in my head i'll be happy.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense but you've got issues. You're not bald or balding at all. You are like one of those women who starves herself thinking she is fat even though she is skin and bones and dying from not eating.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
you don't see hairloss because of the clever styling....granted i could be worse off at 39 but it still affects my self esteem and taking a selfie of myself and putting it online is painful for me to do,i actually despise the way my hair looks and my overall appearence in general.....this started getting bad when a girl i liked rejected me and i've now become low.
been using finesteride for 8 years not sure of it does anything but better to take than not i suppose.
i think most people who are on this site feel the same to some degree,some of the comments i understand especially if you are a lot younger than myself and have more advanced hairloss because i would feel the exact same.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
What type of hairloss do you think you are experiencing since 25? Is it receding? Loss of hair density? Crown balding? What exactly do you think was happening for the past 14 years?

IncognitoMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@crikey1980 I hope I look like you at 39! Your hair looks fantastic. It’s not a perfect hairline, but one that shapes your face nicely. Your density still looks good, and I think that really helps the overall look for your styling. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, if I were you. Granted, I understand the OCD that balding can cause... it’s awful.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
@crikey1980 I hope I look like you at 39! Your hair looks fantastic. It’s not a perfect hairline, but one that shapes your face nicely. Your density still looks good, and I think that really helps the overall look for your styling. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, if I were you. Granted, I understand the OCD that balding can cause... it’s awful.
39 aint that old really......think of clint east wood in dirty harry already 41,al pacino in scarface 43......i think people who are in early 20's think they won't give a sh*t about there appearence by 39 but you do nothing changes in your mind.......thanks for the copliment bro but i think i look terrible but ive accepted the way i look but cant accept hairloss as easily but what will be will be Lol.

IncognitoMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
39 aint that old really......think of clint east wood in dirty harry already 41,al pacino in scarface 43......i think people who are in early 20's think they won't give a sh*t about there appearence by 39 but you do nothing changes in your mind.......thanks for the copliment bro but i think i look terrible but ive accepted the way i look but cant accept hairloss as easily but what will be will be Lol.

You have good skin tone, good facial structure, seem to be in decent shape (not overweight), good teeth, etc. Those are all good qualities that apply to your overall look. I agree, I don’t think I’ll care any less about my looks at any age. I’m 25, and I care very much about my overall health and overall looks. That’s why I workout and eat healthy. I want to carry this into my 70s, if possible. Keeping hair along the way is another goal, albeit one I have less control over... I think that’s was scares me most, I have the least amount of control over my hair. I can workout and eat healthy to keep my body in shape, but I have to hope in future treatments and Finasteride for my hair!

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope I can keep my hair like that by the time I am your age. You have no need to worry.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
You have good skin tone, good facial structure, seem to be in decent shape (not overweight), good teeth, etc. Those are all good qualities that apply to your overall look. I agree, I don’t think I’ll care any less about my looks at any age. I’m 25, and I care very much about my overall health and overall looks. That’s why I workout and eat healthy. I want to carry this into my 70s, if possible. Keeping hair along the way is another goal, albeit one I have less control over... I think that’s was scares me most, I have the least amount of control over my hair. I can workout and eat healthy to keep my body in shape, but I have to hope in future treatments and Finasteride for my hair!
yeah the lack of control is a killer

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No hope for you, just shave it bro

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
also a bit rich saying grindr ikarus when you take estrogen for your male pattern baldness which will infact change you to a women.