Is Smp Some Kind Of Sick Joke? (seven Words)

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting SMP, but the pictures on websites like HisHair, which are supposed to be a top-flight SMP clinic, make me cringe:https://www.hishairclinic.com/gallery/

Just take a look at all this crap. Why do they advertise such things??
And since they are advertising.... this is the best work available?

Attachments

• Gus-After.jpg
    Gus-After.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,966
  • James-After.jpg
    James-After.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,952
  • Spanish-After.jpg
    Spanish-After.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,565

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SMP alone is not a good idea if you are bald. It only works if you are a diffuse thinner but still have hair. A good option if you are bald NW7 is to do a low density hair transplant and combine it with SMP (theoretically). Practically I don't know, I asked about it months ago and I couldn't find someone who combined the 2 procedures. I asked micro usa on their facebook page about this combination, they said it works but you need to wait 1 year after you do the transplant.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
all those guys would be good looking as f*** if they had thick heads of hair.

balding is a f*****g CURSE

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
all those guys would be good looking as f*** if they had thick heads of hair.

balding is a f*****g CURSE
Last guy is actually attractive as f*** and his facial structure suits a bald/shaved head. The other two, meh I guess they're still on the young side so hair would make them appear younger. On the other hand SMP looks like a joke more than anything, it can kind of work if you're diffusing but why even bother if it looks fake as sh*t. I could get the same results by shaving all my hair down and rubbing black water paint on my head.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had smp at HIS. They did a good job for what it’s worth. They did good strip scar camouflage but did take a few tries. Scar just kept soaking up the ink. I finally just gave up on smp. Was always dealing with trying to keep the shiny head syndrome at bay with mattifying products. Finally just got a finasteride prescription and smp has now faded out.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had smp at HIS. They did a good job for what it’s worth. They did good strip scar camouflage but did take a few tries. Scar just kept soaking up the ink. I finally just gave up on smp. Was always dealing with trying to keep the shiny head syndrome at bay with mattifying products. Finally just got a finasteride prescription and smp has now faded out.

I'm a diffuser and not all slick (except almost slick on deep temples). I was actually hoping to fix myself up with SMP.... but those pictures. Damn!!

Shiny head sydrome..... you mean sebum build-up right? Yeah, I have that too. Sucks. Is there nothing one can do to get rid of it?

How long did your SMP take to fade out? Was it tricho (temporary SMP)?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a diffuser and not all slick (except almost slick on deep temples). I was actually hoping to fix myself up with SMP.... but those pictures. Damn!!

Shiny head sydrome..... you mean sebum build-up right? Yeah, I have that too. Sucks. Is there nothing one can do to get rid of it?

How long did your SMP take to fade out? Was it tricho (temporary SMP)?
Yea those pics there aren’t their best advertising. For the shiny head I tried everything from talc to mattifying gel. Was never satisfied with the results of either. His has a forum that will probably have some better stuff you can try by now I would think. I got the “permanent ink” which you do have to get topped up like once a year to keep ink looking fresh.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea those pics there aren’t their best advertising. For the shiny head I tried everything from talc to mattifying gel. Was never satisfied with the results of either. His has a forum that will probably have some better stuff you can try by now I would think. I got the “permanent ink” which you do have to get topped up like once a year to keep ink looking fresh.

so it has completely dissapeared and you let your hair grow out now ?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
WTF!?
I thought the temporary SMP lasts 1-2 years.... and the permanent one is, well, permanent.
Are most of the SMP industry's adverts just lies?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WTF!?
I thought the temporary SMP lasts 1-2 years.... and the permanent one is, well, permanent.
Are most of the SMP industry's adverts just lies?
No ink fades out with any sunlight due to not being put as deep into skin like a tattoo. Also minoxidil can fade it out.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Have a light shade of smp around temple points.

dam i personally know someone who had amp for 3-4 years without touch ups and it still look dark ! , but i know if you don't always cover your scalp with a hat at bright sun light it will fade out really quick ! (maybe thats why ! )

but at least the light shadow of sap can add some ''fake density'' to your actual growing hairs right ? i've seen some good smp+fue results !

cheers mate !

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
No ink fades out with any sunlight due to not being put as deep into skin like a tattoo. Also minoxidil can fade it out.

Ah sh*t, even minoxidil?
Damn man... for a while I thought this sh*t might actually help me because I’m not all slick.

sh*t.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah sh*t, even minoxidil?
Damn man... for a while I thought this sh*t might actually help me because I’m not all slick.

sh*t.
Just top up once a year if you really want that look. It’s only like 300$ for touch up I think at his.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dam i personally know someone who had amp for 3-4 years without touch ups and it still look dark ! , but i know if you don't always cover your scalp with a hat at bright sun light it will fade out really quick ! (maybe thats why ! )

but at least the light shadow of sap can add some ''fake density'' to your actual growing hairs right ? i've seen some good smp+fue results !

cheers mate !
Yea it lasts different in different individuals. Some people soak up the ink. Takes several sessions to get the look. Others takes only 2 sessions. My scar work took like 4 sessions and still faded out in a year.

BaldingInGermany

Established Member
Reaction score
There are as many bad examples on the net as there a good ones. I have SMP for more than three years and I love it. Nobody ever questioned it or gave me a strange look or something. I am Norwood 5-6 and I look like a Norwood 2 with SMP. For a more natural and mature look I decided to have a not too low hairline and a bit of receding at the temples. My treatment still looks fresh with no touch up. I think it depends on your immune system and personal lifestyle how much it fades over time. The SMP technique came a long way over the years. The ink is better, the needles are better and so are the practitioners. Gone are the artificial way too sharp hairlines and too dark and too dense treatments from a couple years back. Nowadays it can look totally natural if you choose the right practitioner

Personally I totally love the shaved look and I think its the best alternative to a transplant. And if you don’t have enough donor hair for it, don‘t even try a transplant. It‘s either SMP or embracing the bald head.

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
There are as many bad examples on the net as there a good ones. I have SMP for more than three years and I love it. Nobody ever questioned it or gave me a strange look or something. I am Norwood 5-6 and I look like a Norwood 2 with SMP. For a more natural and mature look I decided to have a not too low hairline and a bit of receding at the temples. My treatment still looks fresh with no touch up. I think it depends on your immune system and personal lifestyle how much it fades over time. The SMP technique came a long way over the years. The ink is better, the needles are better and so are the practitioners. Gone are the artificial way too sharp hairlines and too dark and too dense treatments from a couple years back. Nowadays it can look totally natural if you choose the right practitioner

Personally I totally love the shaved look and I think its the best alternative to a transplant. And if you don’t have enough donor hair for it, don‘t even try a transplant. It‘s either SMP or embracing the bald head.

Could post picture of your SMP?

I think this is the best example of SMP: natural NW2 hairline.

mr.statham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting SMP, but the pictures on websites like HisHair, which are supposed to be a top-flight SMP clinic, make me cringe:https://www.hishairclinic.com/gallery/

Just take a look at all this crap. Why do they advertise such things??
And since they are advertising.... this is the best work available?

This guy looks good IMHO.

View attachment 109462

I think it's his earring. Helps him look edgy. If you are bald, you are either Rambo, sick or edgy. This helps him tip the scales.