Is seeing scalp under lighting always mean diffuse?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Could a patch of thin hair here be telogen effluvium? It seems to be only localized in highlighted area. What Norwood do I appear to be?

Attachments

• 87F5A6F2-A7FB-4C73-A8A1-476AB7EA4D8E.jpeg
    87F5A6F2-A7FB-4C73-A8A1-476AB7EA4D8E.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 100

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
I skipped most of the mumbo jumbo in the thread and briefly went through your photos and your crown is thinning without a doubt

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I skipped most of the mumbo jumbo in the thread and briefly went through your photos and your crown is thinning without a doubt
Don’t know what to believe, everyone I ask here says “cowlick” I’m more concerned about my hairline tbh lol.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@infamousrodi dont listen to this a**h**. He joked around and assumed I had no hairloss without knowing the full picture, I doubt he can accurately judge a non balding head either. What a melt.

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I been noticing this central parting more exposed under lighting. Crown is good no thinning there which is good just the middle. Is this difffuse or Telogen Effluvium of some kind? My hair also feels less dense throughout my whole head.
No. If you really want to feel reassured, look at a woman's head and you'll see the same lighting shows. It's normal to see some scalp when the hair is parted.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
@infamousrodi dont listen to this a**h**. He joked around and assumed I had no hairloss without knowing the full picture, I doubt he can accurately judge a non balding head either. What a melt.

“Jacoby” you posted your poloroid photos for everyone to see and asked for opinions and I gave you mine. You look like a cast member from The Hills have Eyes. I asked you a genuine question, whether you’ve visited Chernboyl. It would’ve explained the deformation and the type of hairloss you had. You should get checked for any rapidly producing and dividing cells. Be grateful some are trying to help you prevent further mutations.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now, now. Epithets are uncalled for. Einstein makes many valid observations and posts. "Guess if I am going bald" pics as I call them are virtually never worth anything. OP has mirrors, one presumes. If your friends say, "oh, you are going bald", then lamentably it's true. If someone thinks they look worse under certain lighting like in changing rooms with three mirrors and florescent lighting, then you are bald/balding. Unfortunately, in my experience, our baldness is usually worse that we think especially if at the point of the crown not visible from the front.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not trying to stir up any drama lol, I’m seeing a trichologist next month for peace of mind. But here’s the top of my head as of this morning in natural daylight. I think I’m still recovering from a bad finasteride shed. But if trich confirms balding I’m getting back on finasteride, I’m just glad I’ll be catching it super duper early if the case.

Attachments

• 7D4857F3-EE4B-45B0-832A-799D04228520.jpeg
    7D4857F3-EE4B-45B0-832A-799D04228520.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 86

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not trying to stir up any drama lol, I’m seeing a trichologist next month for peace of mind. But here’s the top of my head as of this morning in natural daylight. I think I’m still recovering from a bad finasteride shed. But if trich confirms balding I’m getting back on finasteride, I’m just glad I’ll be catching it super duper early if the case.
Admittedly, those hair configurations on top of your scalp are confusing but it might be due to an irregular collagen pattern also known as a cowlick. Know what's good for irregular collagen patterns like scars and cowlicks? Microneedling. Try doing it once a week in the crown and you probably don't even need a carrier for this.

Best,
Janey

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
“Jacoby” you posted your poloroid photos for everyone to see and asked for opinions and I gave you mine. You look like a cast member from The Hills have Eyes. I asked you a genuine question, whether you’ve visited Chernboyl. It would’ve explained the deformation and the type of hairloss you had. You should get checked for any rapidly producing and dividing cells. Be grateful some are trying to help you prevent further mutations.
What is your obsession with comparing people to film characters and 'chernboyl'? You bring no help to people's posts, you just troll. So much irony with your username because you are infact, as thick as sh*t.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your obsession with comparing people to film characters and 'chernboyl'? You bring no help to people's posts, you just troll. So much irony with your username because you are infact, as thick as sh*t.
In the words of the immortal, Rodney King, "Can't we just all get along?

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now, now. Epithets are uncalled for. Einstein makes many valid observations and posts. "Guess if I am going bald" pics as I call them are virtually never worth anything. OP has mirrors, one presumes. If your friends say, "oh, you are going bald", then lamentably it's true. If someone thinks they look worse under certain lighting like in changing rooms with three mirrors and florescent lighting, then you are bald/balding. Unfortunately, in my experience, our baldness is usually worse that we think especially if at the point of the crown not visible from the front.
f*** that retard anyway.

Anyway, about my post the dermatologist said basically if there isn't an increase in hair thickness or density in 3 months it won't be vitamin D deficiency, if I'm taking supplements for it. Is that basically true?

Even in 22 days I should see improvement?

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice opinion, all I wanted was genuine advice but clearly you're trolling. No I haven't been to Chernboyl, I'm genuinely wanting advice.

But thanks, guess you just don't give a sh*t.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice opinion, all I wanted was genuine advice but clearly you're trolling. No I haven't been to Chernboyl, I'm genuinely wanting advice.

But thanks, guess you just don't give a sh*t.
Can you restate what you are currently using and what meds you might want to add?

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you restate what you are currently using and what meds you might want to add?
No meds, just since my vitamin d levels are 20 I'm using 50,000ui every week then one every month, and that's it. Trying head massages too.

But if my hair thinning isn't genetic, the supplements in reality should grow it back desner within 3 months right?

Thanks.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No meds, just since my vitamin d levels are 20 I'm using 50,000ui every week then one every month, and that's it. Trying head massages too.

But if my hair thinning isn't genetic, the supplements in reality should grow it back desner within 3 months right?

Thanks.
In my experience and those of most of us, I dare say, vitamins tend to be a dead-end unless you have been through extreme malnutrition or stress beyond anything most of us experience in the first world. We all start out with biotin which is great for the keratin in fingernails but scalp hair? Not so much. Microneedling is a mechanical treatment that works for many. Massage might stabilize your hair but some claim you need up to 40 hrs weekly so that's not viable for many. Keto and Selsun Blue and PolySorbate 80 are all for use on the hair for inflammation and to mop up excess sebum.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vitamin D deficiency can cause telogen effluvium this is a fact. Derm also confirmed I was deficient, I’ve been supplementing 5000iu d3 for about a month. I think density might be improving? Hard to say, maybe another month to really see if it’s the cause.