Is Male Pattern Baldness Rare @ The Population

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
isn't that a diffsued NW3? Guess a NW3 with a bald spot is a NW4 by looking at the chart so you have a bald spot?

Not that I don't believe you, once you hit those thirties being a NW3ish ain't too bad, and that's just my general observation I have acquired by working at a bar. You must have some alpha qualities though.
Yeah, its NW4 on the front but the back on top is still thick - just lots of recession.

Because I look around my mid thirties the hairline kind of suits me.

This guy is more of the exact style that I have:

upload_2017-2-18_17-29-24.png

To me, it looks fine.

I think a lot of posters on here are 20-25 and for them to have this hair line is a lot harder.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, its NW4 on the front but the back on top is still thick - just lots of recession.

View attachment 49073

To me, it looks fine.

I think a lot of posters on here are 20-25 and for them to have this hair line is a lot harder.

I feel this is what I was headed for within the next 2-4 years before hopping on meds

I'm past my mid 20's now(28), but I'm noticing there are actually a significant number of guys around my age at this level. In your thirties you shouldn't stand out too much as a balding man with hair like this

Fairly age appropriate, but then of course you see the NW1-2's your age and can't help feeling jealous

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 49073

To me, it looks fine.

Do you also have his face and chest hair?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought body hair on men was disgusting for the longest time. I was the first guy in my class to get body hair, so I was really embarassed and ashamed of my hair legs and forearms.

It turns out that this is actually a neutral or positive to women. Hair on forearms, legs, chest, and face is considered attractive.

My friend's fiancee was mad at him when he shaved his back.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought body hair on men was disgusting for the longest time. I was the first guy in my class to get body hair, so I was really embarassed and ashamed of my hair legs and forearms.

It turns out that this is actually a neutral or positive to women. Hair on forearms, legs, chest, and face is considered attractive.

My friend's fiancee was mad at him when he shaved his back.

Very hair chest. About half the girls I ask say shave it, the other half say keep it. I just trim every now and again when it's out of control.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thread my eyebrows, and this site recently taught me that many men are insecure about their non-bushy eyebrows.

Lol, I've started putting a tiny bit of minoxidil on my eyebrows. Call me insane but I think I'd look a decent bit better with denser eyebrows. They are already thick and wide they just need to be denser. I've noticed that all my brothers eyebrows are thicker and look better which is why I've started this.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very hair chest. About half the girls I ask say shave it, the other half say keep it. I just trim every now and again when it's out of control.
It depends on the woman and often age is a factor.

To generalise, older women prefer men to be manly and have chest hair. Whereas younger women can often prefer prettier men who groom their chests.

resu

Reaction score
That's an important distinction to make.

Take French actor Frédéric Pierrot for example:

s_28167_1410940008_frederic_pierrot_mer_945_rg.jpg

He still grows his hair out despite being a NW5.

But he's also in his mid-50's. I don't think he looks ridiculous.

Now put that look on a 25 year old and it will be a different story.

For some men it just makes them uglier.

For other though, aggressive balding can make them look ridiculous.

It's usually to put all bald(ing) men in the same bag.

All bald men were not created equal.

I could never do that, the difference in temperatures would drive me nuts, at that point buzzing the hair is the only reasonable thing to do.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
When @Dante92 mentions he plays piano I always picture

Guy-on-piano-smaller.jpg

in reality (considering his avi)

The-Piano-Guy-outlast-38094833-500-250.jpg

not srs

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that part of it is tragedy.

I try not to think about that tbh because treatments didn't work for me.
So you lived through it? Getting bald throughout your 20s was it as bald as we all imagine? I have to basicly make a choice hop on finasteride now or be bald in 3 years (diffuse thinner).

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you lived through it? Getting bald throughout your 20s was it as bald as we all imagine? I have to basicly make a choice hop on finasteride now or be bald in 3 years (diffuse thinner).
My balding timeline:

21: first noticed balding but didn't care.
23: nw2 and started to think about it more and more, but not too worried as I was in a relationship.
28: nw3 and it plays more on my mind, but I was also dating a lot so it didn't bother me too much
29: started treatments for a whole year but they made no effect and recession continued
30: discovered toppik and boosted my confidence
31: hit nw4 on the front but still good on top and at the back - the toppik makes me look like a nw3.

Maybe my case is different in that it took a decade to loose 3 norwoods - I don't know if that is slow or average. Either way - if it carried on at the same speed It will be a nw6 at 41!

Anyway, it hasn't really effected me too much, even being a nw4 at 30 to 31. Its actually my own views of myself that is the problem rather than anyone caring about me missing some hair.

Even though I say its not so bad I still plan on a hair transplant within the next three or so years. Like I said, even though I can still date and nobody gives me crap, I still would like to live life with hair on top of my head - even if it was just to remain a nw3 forever.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I feel this is what I was headed for within the next 2-4 years before hopping on meds

I'm past my mid 20's now(28), but I'm noticing there are actually a significant number of guys around my age at this level. In your thirties you shouldn't stand out too much as a balding man with hair like this

Fairly age appropriate, but then of course you see the NW1-2's your age and can't help feeling jealous
Today I experienced the complete opposite of The White Polar Bear. Some total stranger (woman) I met today blurts out of the blue to me, and says "you got thick hair". I said it looks that way but its getting thinner. I am humble and usually don't like to take credit for something that is not really true. She says well it looks really thick to me. I said thanks. And was thinking to myself why did the subject of hair come up when it had nothing to do with anything that was happening at the moment. She then out of the blue tells me all her male friends in their 30's are all losing their hair and going bald. I should have asked her if that bothered her. So it appears that many men are balding in their 30's according to this woman. I didn't even have on my "I love Hairlosstalk" T-shirt and yet this still happened.

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
My balding timeline:

21: first noticed balding but didn't care.
23: nw2 and started to think about it more and more, but not too worried as I was in a relationship.
28: nw3 and it plays more on my mind, but I was also dating a lot so it didn't bother me too much
29: started treatments for a whole year but they made no effect and recession continued
30: discovered toppik and boosted my confidence
31: hit nw4 on the front but still good on top and at the back - the toppik makes me look like a nw3.

Maybe my case is different in that it took a decade to loose 3 norwoods - I don't know if that is slow or average. Either way - if it carried on at the same speed It will be a nw6 at 41!

Anyway, it hasn't really effected me too much, even being a nw4 at 30 to 31. Its actually my own views of myself that is the problem rather than anyone caring about me missing some hair.

Even though I say its not so bad I still plan on a hair transplant within the next three or so years. Like I said, even though I can still date and nobody gives me crap, I still would like to live life with hair on top of my head - even if it was just to remain a nw3 forever.

You're lucky it's been slow. It seems like you have a good attitude about it. Much better outlook than me, and I am a few years older than you.

As far as balding in your twenties goes, one of my friends went from NW1 to NW4-5 from the ages of 18 to 22. He took it really hard at the time (understandably) but he seemed to make peace with it by the age of 25 or so. Oddly enough he never had any luck whatsoever with girls before the hair loss, but as a NW4-5 in his mid twenties he started getting out more and had a few relationships with attractive women. He's married now and is doing very well in his career and personal life.

His early twenties were utter sh*t though, and he was very depressed. People would occasionally give him sh*t for being bald, crack jokes, etc. He mostly tried to laugh that sort of stuff off, but there were a few times when I saw him loaded and he got really upset over the ribbing from some of his friends. What I think must have really hurt though (and never occurred to me until now, as a NW3, looking back at my youth), is that when he was rapidly balding in his early twenties and at the lowest point of his life he would still go to clubs and bars and so on with his friends and watch us meet women, take random girls home, etc.

I would think most young guys in that situation would probably feel like their only reason for being alive is to witness other people actually living their lives. I can't imagine how much that must suck, and really feel for anyone that has to live through such a nightmare.