Is Male Pattern Baldness Rare @ The Population

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is male pattern baldness rare?

I was today outsite at a Christmas market with thousands of thousands of men and I noticed something:

Male pattern baldness must be really rare?
I saw rarely anyone with a bald or a tonsur!

NW2 is NOT bald for me.

My defintion of baldness is no hair on your head or bald spots in the front or on the vertex or thinning hairs.(like me)

I'm really not sure if DHT is the problem or something else (
Genetic exception).

How often do you see a bald man/men ? Often or rarely?

Statistics speak of 50-80% but when i see the people on the street i would say 10-20 %.

I don't care about 70,80 years old men.

I mean the under 60 guys.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes it's rare. Atleast during your 20's. Those statistics are men who show any kind of hair loss. A NW1 will most likely have thinner hair at 40 than his teen years. Still alot of bald guys though, especially at 30+.

I'm also not sure what you mean with if DHT is the problem. Balding men have a normal amount of DHT.

resu

Reaction score
People that go bald usually start in their early 20's, that's why my main goal is to not go slick bald.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also not sure what you mean with if DHT is the problem. Balding men have a normal amount of DHT.

This is true. However, only balding men have higher levels of PGD2.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
People that go bald usually start in their early 20's, that's why my main goal is to not go slick bald.

Indeed, if someone starts going bald during early 20's dutasteride is the only thing that might save him in the long run.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is true. However, only balding men have higher levels of PGD2.

Does that mean the DHT story is just bullshit?:D:D

There are interesting articles about PGD2 and hair loss.

PGD2 is the real factor for baldness and not DHT.

WE NEED A PGD2 blocker:cool:

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Statistics speak of 50-80% but when i see the people on the street i would say 10-20 %.
It depends on your definition of male pattern baldness. Basically everybody is having some hair loss (=recession or thinning) in his life.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on your definition of male pattern baldness. Basically everybody is having some hair loss (=recession or thinning) in his life.

Do you mean this :
NATURAL%2BTIPS%2BFOR%2BMALE%2BPATTERN%2BBALDNESS.jpg

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
last pic is disgusting

it is very rare among 20s lets say 10% have visible hairloss (post Norwood 3)

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Bullshit there are stories of guys who started balding in their early 20s on Finasteride that maintained for 15+ years

My guess is you are in the 20's just as me, we'll see in 15 years, cuz both of us are still going to be here unless there is something else on the market. Yes, there are stories about people maintaining for 15 years and I can count them on two hands. If you have aggressiv balding and are heading to a NW7, then thats where you'll end up with finasteride, just a matter of time. You'll most likely need dutasteride, everything else is wishful thinking. Like some people here likes to phrase it, we're buying time.

shookwun

Reaction score
For majority of men I would say yes.

Its quite rare to see a slick NW7 at any age group.

A lot of pre mature baldies (teens) and early twenties are the ones who make up for the NW7 demographic for people in there fourties, and fifties.

Most men I see on average usually hit the NW3-4 mark at an old age.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no set standard

I have a picture of me as a 15/16 year old NW1.5-2ish, and it took almost 10 years for me to hit NW2.5 without being on any treatments

probably following my father's pattern of gradual lifelong recession. He's now in his 60's and a thin NW4

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
My core group of mates (about 20 lads), all mid 20's, there's 3 balding including me. These are people I've confirmed, one started at 16 and is now NW3.5 (bless his soul), one started just a few years ago and is NW2, and there's me who is NW2, would be 2.5 without treatment.

At work I see much more balding guys as the age range goes up to 45. Although not one completely bald guy, a few NW2's and a few NW3's. There's 30 lads in work.

Then if I were to take the guys at the gym I'd say nearly 1 in 4 is completely bald. There are some steroid heads, as well as a lot of bullish guys who I assume try and compensate for their baldness with their bodies.

I think baldness is quite common here in Ireland.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I see mild hair loss in a lot of people in their 20's... but I very rarely see anything past NW4 in any age group

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
My core group of mates (about 20 lads), all mid 20's, there's 3 balding including me. These are people I've confirmed, one started at 16 and is now NW3.5 (bless his soul), one started just a few years ago and is NW2, and there's me who is NW2, would be 2.5 without treatment.

At work I see much more balding guys as the age range goes up to 45. Although not one completely bald guy, a few NW2's and a few NW3's. There's 30 lads in work.

Then if I were to take the guys at the gym I'd say nearly 1 in 4 is completely bald. There are some steroid heads, as well as a lot of bullish guys who I assume try and compensate for their baldness with their bodies.

I think baldness is quite common here in Ireland.

u see 1/4 guys in gyms because it is usual asylym for them to compensate

charisma and confidence training camps would be the second

shookwun

Reaction score
u see 1/4 guys in gyms because it is usual asylym for them to compensate

charisma and confidence training camps would be the second
funny how on average everyone at my gym is moderately good looking. all though you get the odd incel that you speak of.

again, more zero life experience posts by cope4life.

people who take pride there appearance, dont lay around, and get fat. But of course you will mention any moment now your 'slayer friends that eat pizza, drink beer and play xbox with hot girlfriends'

it's usually people that live sedentary life styles, and don't care about being in shape. quite the opposite of what you preach. Whether it's playing sports, exercising or bodybuilding.... staying fit, and in shape is relative.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
funny how on average everyone at my gym is moderately good looking. all though you get the odd incel that you speak of.

again, more zero life experience posts by cope4life.

people who take pride there appearance, dont lay around, and get fat. But of course you will mention any moment now your 'slayer friends that eat pizza, drink beer and play xbox with hot girlfriends'

it's usually people that live sedentary life styles, and don't care about being in shape. quite the opposite of what you preach. Whether it's playing sports, exercising or bodybuilding.... staying fit, and in shape is relative.

At my primary gym, when I go during the daytime hours, it's like 80% senior citizen/retired folks wandering around on the machines. The after 4pm crowd tends to be younger, when the majority of under 35 year old males hit the weights. Like 90% of them are NW1's from my observation

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol my slayer friends do this every time

one is still 5% bf never hit the gym only hard drugs and cheap alco, junkest food — slays 10/10

another two have beer bellies but tall as f*** slays whenever they want to and whoever want to

last one just genetically gifted even in comparison to every above and he also never mentioned gymceling

and you have big frame, handsome face and nw1