Is It Worth Using Dht Lowering Medication To Showcase A hair transplant Result

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The real risk in DHT lowering medications is long term in my opinion. One has to sacrifice what their body is going to look like over the years along with how they feel. It is absolutely impossible to have a tight fit body when you are older if you use these medications long term. One only needs to look at those that have fallen into this trap. In my opinion it becomes an unhappy existence on the inside. If you are considering the use of these medications you need to think long term. Where do I want to be 10-20 years from now? Of course you can remain clothed but will you feel good about it? Soon to be 55 and I feel great. I took that picture to the right about a year ago and I keep moving toward more and more robust health. I am very thankful I didn’t fall into the trap of oral dht lowering medications and end up potentially looking like the guy on the left. Even guys in the 20’s on these medications suffer from changes in their body and brain………………the whole ED is a separate issue. Unfortunately women do not find the look on the left desirable.

Think long term and do what makes sense long term. Don’t fall for marketing. Yes medications can give you a better hair transplant result……….but will it be worth it? Does it benefit you or does it benefit a clinic?

dht.jpg

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it you on the picture ?
you are on TRT right ?

Yes that is me and nope I have never used hormones in my life. In fact I use zero supplements it's when I was around early 30's I suddenly started to realize it was all about food. I kind of got sucked into the free and/or cheap sources of information from the age of about 13 to 33. I was constantly taking vitamin/protein powders. I didn't understand it was marketing.

Today the cheap source of information which are also marketing can be found on the Internet and forums would be a good example.

I hear about these young guys on Finasteride and needing exogenous testosterone and it makes my jaw drop. It is a disaster in the making and will more then likely result in cancer long term. Someone should probably explain that to them but of course you are not going to hear that from guys in the same boat. They prefer everyone going down with the ship.

I am 100% natural. Always have been and always will be. It's about health for me and it's why I'm in the gym and not sitting around sucking down a bottle of booze.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and stop lying man, i am not a noob , i know when i see someone who take test

It's called hard work and discipline.............not everyone has it. Those are the ones that are always looking to do less and not more. We can easily see that in the hair transplant industry. Who was willing to do more years and years ago. Names like Woods, Cole, ********, Mawamba and a few others. The others were looking to do less and only make more. It's called character...............and some don't possess it.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's called hard work and discipline.............not everyone has it. Those are the ones that are always looking to do less and not more. We can easily see that in the hair transplant industry. Who was willing to do more years and years ago. Names like Woods, Cole, ********, Mawamba and a few others. The others were looking to do less and only make more. It's called character...............and some don't possess it.
And what do you suggest for us young guys to do, oh wise one ? Go bald and get mocked for the rest of our lives ? Get in shape ? I am in great shape, tho i still get compared to a 50 year old because of the diffusing sh*t on my head. People achieve happiness in different ways, you achieved yours by working out, good for you. But don't get the wrong idea that every person should choose the same path as you.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I would rather be slightly chubby (e.g., 10-20 lbs overweight) with a thick Norwood 1 or 2 than be a jacked Norwood 8.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why not having both im on meds and i feel great about my body i work out everday so no problem for me healthy life style plus i have my hair

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And what do you suggest for us young guys to do, oh wise one ?
Maybe the message is not for you. Anyone on DHT lowering medication is feminizing their body some experience erectile dysfunction too. Women mock these men.............it's your choice.............plus long term I believe the increased risk for cancer is huge. It's takes 20+ years so this is actually a good time to keep your eyes and ears open and see what starts to happen. It's like Turkey I posted 3-4 years ago it's takes 5 years for the bodies to start popping up. There was 2 in the last week alone.............best of luck to you on what you decide.

It is what it is.....................better options are coming in my opinion so maybe some should just be patient and those that can't be do the best you can and hopefully it will work out for you.

Maybe JeanLuc can help you. About 8 months posting, 22 years old, one procedure..............hmmmm...........read all the postings...............doesn't seem to add up............interesting to watch and take notes. I like to point out the obvious and it's not for everyone.........not a problem. Take a break guys.

If you look like this and you will from these medications in time women will mock you............that's the reality. it's only information you have free will.............it's your choice................don't get me wrong I feel bad for some of these guys that are trapped into using the medications. Some I believe are asking themselves what did I do to myself? It's not their fault and there is no easy way out. What exactly are you suppose to do once you realize you have helped destroy your own body and the only option will have you losing the hair you saved? It's not a good position to be in and I agree it sucks. I'm not trying to put anyone down that uses the stuff just something for those considering it to think about.

moobs.jpg

Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look like this and you will from these medications in time women will mock you............that's the reality. it's only information you have free will.............it's your choice................

View attachment 61625

Women will mock you if you have a Norwood 7 too

MrHulley

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your photo presentation is a misrepresentation of the facts. You've worked out, long and hard, good for you. The guy on the boat obviously has a bad diet and has no musculature that is visible. Your comparison actually says that this guy is working out at much as you are but because he takes DHT inhibitors, which you don't know if he does or does not, he has man boobs and a poor diet. It's a very indirect cause and effect scenario that is non-sensical.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your photo presentation is a misrepresentation of the facts. You've worked out, long and hard, good for you.

Yes hard work was instilled at a very, very young age for me. Where I disagree with you is I believe taking these medications places a giant road block in front of anyone wanting to try. You need DHT for the aggressive drive to perform hard physical work. I don't believe that point is debatable.

Depends on what you want out of life. So it's just information for those struggling with making a decision. They still have free will.

MrHulley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes hard work was instilled at a very, very young age for me. Where I disagree with you is I believe taking these medications places a giant road block in front of anyone wanting to try. You need DHT for the aggressive drive to perform hard physical work. I don't believe that point is debatable.

I think it is very debatable especially when professional athletes have been busted for using Propecia. So if you believe it places a giant roadblock, how were these athletes able to perform at a professional level?

http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog/anti-doping-agency-lifts-propecia-ban-for-athletes/

I'm not trying to argue but your point doesn't make a lot of sense and the image of the fat guy with the sandwich just looks like sensationalism because you're automatically associating Propecia use with being a fat and docile slob.

Last edited: