Is It Worth Using Dht Lowering Medication To Showcase A hair transplant Result

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe your transformation had less to do with you discontinuing Propecia and more to do with having a healthy diet and going to the gym. Most men especially in America will look like that when they are older even if they have never touched Propecia in their life because laziness is easier than getting in shape. Not everybody has the same side effects. Some people, like me fortunately tolerate medication very well, I am a walking pharmacy on drugs that make finasteride look as safe as Fort Knox in comparison (such as SSRIs and Klonopin which have a much greater risk of sexual dysfunction, hormonal issues, mental issues, and gyno and the only side effect I have ever gotten has been drowsiness. As a pharmacology student I can tell you that compared to the vast majority of drugs out there, finasteride is safe for most people who take. I am sorry you had side effects but not everyone will. Many people die each year from NSAID pain relievers, very few people have ever died from finasteride usage, with most of the ones who have being people who committed suicide to PFS. But again "post" medication syndromes are a risk with any type of medication.

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are hanging around 18 year-olds. See a psychologist.

Honestly most psychologists and cognitive behavioral therapy = blue pilled cope. I say this as a psychology major. Psychologists and support groups will tell you that you are a handsome male model even if you are 2/10 because they don't want you offing yourself. They'll tell you all the same cope about baldness that you could hear from any clueless fullhead, such as "embrace it", "look at Bruce Willis", and "think positively and have good personality". You can hear those polite lies from your family and friends for free, don't pay hundreds of dollars just to hear that again. Invest that money towards a hair transplant.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe your transformation had less to do with you discontinuing Propecia

You might have misunderstood...............I never used Propecia and I thank God I didn't. The thread is for young guys considering it's use and are on the fence. I am offering them a different option on how their life can turn out. They are free to choose and offering them well rounded advice and other options seems to be the right thing to do.

I think many of these long term Propecia users become depressed in a way..............and that is kind of sad. Just food for thought.

Get inot the gym..............MMA for young guys seems to be the trend. Not being insecure with hairloss but building confidence through performance both in the gym and outside the gym. The women that also attend these same gyms can't seem to get enough of the shaved heads they see. It's 2017...............times have changed.................the game has changed...............use it to your advantage.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might have misunderstood...............I never used Propecia and I thank God I didn't. The thread is for young guys considering it's use and are on the fence. I am offering them a different option on how their life can turn out. They are free to choose and offering them well rounded advice and other options seems to be the right thing to do.

I think many of these long term Propecia users become depressed in a way..............and that is kind of sad. Just food for thought.

Get inot the gym..............MMA for young guys seems to be the trend. Not being insecure with hairloss but building confidence through performance both in the gym and outside the gym. The women that also attend these same gyms can't seem to get enough of the shaved heads they see. It's 2017...............times have changed.................the game has changed...............use it to your advantage.
DHT is not an anabolic hormone, DHT is deactivated in the muscle by an enzyme called 3 alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, thus making DHT useless when it comes to building muscle. Testosterone one the other hand is the king of all anabolic hormones which propecia actually increases by around 15%. Science.

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i know average people can't recognize someone who take exogenous test .
But man you are lying to yourself , as soon as you will stop your TRT you 're body will change for the worst .

you've got all the sign of the steroid users, ( abnormal development of upper pecs and almost 3D delts )
No normal 50 yo guy would have your body man .
Just impossible , even with the best genetic and diet ( you're famous hundred eggs per week^^) .

even if this is just low dose of test , i will not take this risk . that would speed up my hairloss

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
BUT you are actually right on a lot of point .
Propecia is dangerous . I have been taking it for 3 years now , and i would like to stop this .
It hinders gym gains and cause gyno on the long term because of hormonal imbalance .

But there is no other solution on the market for the moment , so what can we do ?

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But there is no other solution on the market for the moment , so what can we do ?

My results are 100% natural but I am very disciplined and much of it comes down to the foods I consume. It's way too big a subject to even begin to explain and it took me very, very long to figure out. My advantage is I can eat the same foods day in and day out which helps me to determine the effect of a small change. I have done quite a bit of writing on it but I haven't published anything yet.

I can only imagine how you feel about no other solution. It makes one feel trapped having to use those types of medications. What someone like Joe Rogan did is an option especially if you don't have scars...............but of course it's not easy. What might help others it to read up on the subject of fear and it can help empower you...........

I haven't been to a doctor outside of hair transplant for 30 years and I use zero medications, prescription or OTC. Once you start to understand that with the right foods you simply do not need any of it and it's all marketing with many industries feeding off each other then you can move toward better choices.

Last edited:

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
DHT is not an anabolic hormone, DHT is deactivated in the muscle by an enzyme called 3 alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, thus making DHT useless when it comes to building muscle. Testosterone one the other hand is the king of all anabolic hormones which propecia actually increases by around 15%. Science.

Do you have any studies that show hormone levels after long term use? I know that finasteride usually raises T at the start but levels out with time. I've also read a study that says that free testosterone levels are lowered while bound testosterone is slightly raised. I don't know whats preferred for muscle building.
Other than that we know that DHT acts as a counter estrogen, which may have an impact on muscle building and maintaining lower body fat with age.

I'm not saying finasteride will hinder anyone's muscle building, I'm just saying there is a possibility it might.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you use finasteride you are going to feminize your body especially over time. I absolutely do not get guys that are okay with this but it's a personal choice. In all honesty I believe these guys that have been on these medications for years have an internal struggle going on. I think they reach a moment in time where they ask the question what have I done to myself but they are now caught in a trap. Their body is completely screwed up and they could stop but it doesn't mean everything will return to normal especially as you get older. So they are then faced with the thought of it not getting better and losing the hair they saved over the years if they try and reverse course. It's not a good position to be in and it's something for others to think about. So all they can really do is convince themselves and others they made a really great decision. They don't want to be alone.

When the fat starts to accumulate on the chest and hips while the aggressive physical drive is gone from low dht sometimes there is no turning back. Maybe for some of these older guys 50+ it doesn't matter and they move into grandpa stage...................not the life I want to live that's for sure. I want to be out on that track pumping out those 100m sprints feeling invigorated.

Think long and hard for those that have not started down that road. Women have a word to describe especially older guys with the finasteride body and the word is GROSS I would suggest thinking long term.

shookwun

Reaction score
and stop lying man, i am not a noob , i know when i see someone who take test
Why do you find it hard to believe someone who's been training for 10-20+ years can achieve this?:rolleyes:

Dont expect him to grow anymore, but to maintain this build with continious exercise with good diet is doable.

People who don't lift weights tend to think anyone remotely muscular takes drugs. I suppose it's a form of insecurity because I felt the same way at one point.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you use finasteride you are going to feminize your body especially over time. I absolutely do not get guys that are okay with this but it's a personal choice. In all honesty I believe these guys that have been on these medications for years have an internal struggle going on. I think they reach a moment in time where they ask the question what have I done to myself but they are now caught in a trap. Their body is completely screwed up and they could stop but it doesn't mean everything will return to normal especially as you get older. So they are then faced with the thought of it not getting better and losing the hair they saved over the years if they try and reverse course. It's not a good position to be in and it's something for others to think about. So all they can really do is convince themselves and others they made a really great decision. They don't want to be alone.

When the fat starts to accumulate on the chest and hips while the aggressive physical drive is gone from low dht sometimes there is no turning back. Maybe for some of these older guys 50+ it doesn't matter and they move into grandpa stage...................not the life I want to live that's for sure. I want to be out on that track pumping out those 100m sprints feeling invigorated.

Think long and hard for those that have not started down that road. Women have a word to describe especially older guys with the finasteride body and the word is GROSS I would suggest thinking long term.

You can't fight the effect of hormone manipulation in the male body when you lower DHT..........it's a losing battle regardless of diet.

All the comments I have heard and seen from females is ................ewwww.................gross .................and that is why given the choice hairloss might be the better option. Some guys are not equipped to deal with it though which I understand.............you can always stay covered in clothes but it seems like half a life if you are naturally active. Personally I have to be out their on the track, beach, gym.............it's all about activity for me. To each their own just something for young guys to think about before making a choice they might regret.

shookwun

Reaction score

You can't fight the effect of hormone manipulation in the male body when you lower DHT..........it's a losing battle regardless of diet.

All the comments I have heard and seen from females is ................ewwww.................gross .................and that is why given the choice hairloss might be the better option. Some guys are not equipped to deal with it though which I understand.............you can always stay covered in clothes but it seems like half a life if you are naturally active. Personally I have to be out their on the track, beach, gym.............it's all about activity for me. To each their own just something for young guys to think about before making a choice they might regret.
Dude, who brain washed you into this belief?

Finasteride has been known in some cases to reduce body hair, which for most is an added benefit.

I have personally noticed zero difference in five years of continued usage. If anything i need to have a reduction in body hair. Literally have to shave every other day to avoid looking like a cave man.

Worst case scenario someone could take trt. Dht has been known to have a hardening effect, but I believe this a myth in itself. Been training for 8 years and noticed no difference .

It's all genes buddy. Lean and mean!

shookwun

Reaction score
Bingo. Dht is useless in building muscle, Which can be confirmed by all medical literature. Even for that matter useless when it comes to sex. Again all backed up by studies.

We are beating a dead horse here.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure it's a performance aid...........maybe you guys need to just double up on your dose...................young guys I suggest staying aware.............you don't want breasts, ED and all the other crap............not worth one single hair.

http://hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=98052

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

the mixer
Occasional Poster
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif

Been off three years and no improvements in sides, which started in earnest around 3 weeks after I quit.

Shrunken penis and balls
Penis has no pleasurable sensation, feels like rubber, as does scrotum
Pot belly
Loss of muscle everywhere, so bad I acn't properly exercise
Cognitive problems, lack of creativity and slow thinking
Short term memory problems
Depression, lethargy
No libido and real bad ED obvs
Digestive problems

I've basically dropped out of scoiety due to this having been previously good looking and with a nice social life, if sub par sex life the years I was on finasteride.

Kind of puts hair loss into perspective when you end up with side effects similar to an old man put on chemical castration drugs to kill prostate cancer.
I was stupid anyway, only really had a mature hairline or NW2 at worst. Self medicated before the horror stories started appearing. In fact, had I read some of the stories on here rather than the shitey 'keratin.com' I probably wouldn't have touched the stuff.

Of course I am extremely unlucky to get hit this badly. I think the odds must be one in 25 000 at least to be damaged this much. But I do think Merck's 2% figure is more likely the number of those who get long term sides and the sides on the drug is likely 20-30% minimum.
My urologist, who prescribes finasteride for the medical disorders it was originally intended for, said the side effects on the drug likelihood is one in six.

Anyway, Merry Xmas y'all.

shookwun

Reaction score
Sure it's a performance aid...........maybe you guys need to just double up on your dose...................young guys I suggest staying aware.............you don't want breasts, ED and all the other crap............not worth one single hair.

the mixer
Occasional Poster

Been off three years and no improvements in sides, which started in earnest around 3 weeks after I quit.

Shrunken penis and balls
Pot belly
Depression, lethargy
Digestive problems

I've basically dropped out of scoiety due to this having been previously good looking and with a nice social life, if sub par sex life the years I was on finasteride.

Kind of puts hair loss into perspective when you end up with side effects similar to an old man put on chemical castration drugs to kill prostate cancer.
I was stupid anyway, only really had a mature hairline or NW2 at worst. Self medicated before the horror stories started appearing. In fact, had I read some of the stories on here rather than the shitey 'keratin.com' I probably wouldn't have touched the stuff.

Of course I am extremely unlucky to get hit this badly. I think the odds must be one in 25 000 at least to be damaged this much. But I do think Merck's 2% figure is more likely the number of those who get long term sides and the sides on the drug is likely 20-30% minimum.
My urologist, who prescribes finasteride for the medical disorders it was originally intended for, said the side effects on the drug likelihood is one in six.

Who brain washed you?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

the mixer
Occasional Poster

Shrunken penis and balls
Pot belly
Depression, lethargy
Digestive problems

More than 1/25000 men even in their twenties will suffer from severe erectile dysfunction and low libido. This comment sounds a lot like severe chronic fatigue, finasteride likely has nothing to do with it.