Is It Worth Using Dht Lowering Medication To Showcase A hair transplant Result

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are thousands and thousands of experiences of others available online. One only needs to use logic to understand what happens after 20+ years of using this crap. Turning oneself into a woman for hair makes no sense. Those that are trying to convince others to use this medication don't want to drink alone.

This is not my imagination. My hips are wider. Not fat, I feel the bones protruding more. Anyone else?

Yep, I notice the same. My body has feminized a great deal since stopping Fina. I don't think Finasteride can modify the bones, however you will notice wider hips when you lose a lot of chest muscle and getting "feminized" fat pattern at the hips. This is caused by Finasteride altering our endocrine asset like for example T/E ratio. Get your blood work done, however it won't be much useful if you did not have it done before starting the drug (which is my case unfortunately)

Yes I notice I have the same fat disposition as women with hips/ love handles. I used to be lean and this is not the case anymore, I am doughy, 20 lbs. more since stopping finasteride. Weight gain occurred in a month going off the drug and remains exactly the same two year later with much effort applied to change my weight/ diet. Before, I used to be one of those people that had trouble gaining weight and could eat anything they wanted. It's as if my whole metabolism has changed. Also, I experience constant bloating, even if I don't eat for a day, which I've tried just to see.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the reality and unfortunately women are not attracted to it. There is a hip to waist ratio ideal for both men and women and it's wired into our DNA. So is it worth it long term................nope and that is not even considering long term health consequences. So this is another point of view for young guys to consider.

Some guys like Joe Rogan tried it and knew right away it was a mistake and stopped other guys just didn't have the foresight to understand the long term consequences. Yes I feel bad for them because many are stuck.................I'm sure it's not an easy thing to deal with for them.

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Fightingit

Prolific Poster
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif

I swear mine are, in the last three months, which is as long as I've been on it. Now I cycle everyday, maybe 1hr at a varie pace, sometimes hard, sometimes soft, and its a definite change. My pants that used to be lose by my hips are tight, but theres no fat. They used to be a inch or two too loose. My top half has gone a little fatter, but not at the hips.. anyone else?

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.gif

RichLocks
Accomplished Poster
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif

Yes I've noticed the hips thing.. the whole stomach/gut/love handle area has changed..there is a noticeable difference.

I measured my body fat before propecia.. 9%.. now i'm around 13%.. i was 6'0" 155lb when starting, now i'm around 162-163lb..

Everywhere below my ribs is alot more womanly or whatever.. and I've been increasingly getting stretch marks on my butt and upper thighs.. it sucks.

Going to be getting off this stuff soon.. I work out as well and it's not offsetting it.

Oh well..

sanonamus Says:
Sun, Apr 12 '09, 9:30 PM

have been on finasteride for about 2 years now, and seems to me , i have developed increased abdominal flab,no boobs(yet)!, but definately feel an increase around waist and below,literature available , says weight gain is not a side effect, but seems to me , that it might be , have picked up about 7 to 8 lbs. would be interested in others experiences along this line , thx

Mike Says:
Wed, Feb 22 '12, 10:26 AM

There is do doubt in my mind finasteride causes weight gain and I have an extra 30 lbs. to prove it. I took finasteride for several years and then began to notice a few years ago my weight was creeping up and much to my dismay my stomach ballooned and large "moobs" began to appear. My diet, calorie intake, and exercise regimen did not change at all while I was picking up the weight. I have been off finasteride since last fall but having a hard time losing the extra weight.

Joe gives us some insight into Propecia at the 38:50 mark.

Last edited:

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, the only reason I question whether @topcat is on test with that physique is because his profile says he's in his 50's. That's an achievable physique natty for dudes under 40....just requires lifting properly for hypertrophy and low body fat %
More like under 35, perhaps....oh and with great genetics, never been fat before (stretched skin), great body fat disbursement (bf goes fairly evenly everywhere, not just typical gut and tits), lack of injuries, AND extremely consistent progress in the gym and ultra consistent diet....and did I mention great genetics, like top 5%, because most people biologically start to lose a lot of muscle when cutting down below 12% or so, sometimes more than that. And with that, they can't train for muscle gain (although they should try, even still), because their body is losing muscle and fat at too even a rate to even get to a look the op has.

Oh and also what are his stats? let's say he's 5'8 and 150-155lbs, ok, I'll buy you can look like that with great genetics as said prior, under 35ish. But if he's 5'8 180lbs, not possible for 99+% of people. And for 54 years old? GTFOOH. He's on plenty, just another typical guy who can't admit steroid use because it would illegitimatize his "achievements".

And even though he doesn't know us, to which some would say "well then what does he have to prove? Why would he lie?".....It's everything to some guys, including coming on forums with ridiculous claims, posting and boasting pictures of themselves to try and get compliments and respect because of their "natty" status and hard work. As if it legitimizes their unsubstantiated claims as well.

Like I said, unless this guy is very, very small, no 54 year old is going to look like that naturally. Hell most 24 year olds won't.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It does something to the brain. It's not something that should be taken lightly. Yes marketers want to sell hair transplants and the donor is very limited they know that but this is not worth it for a young man in my opinion. They are giving you very irresponsible advice. You will one day look back and could easily have only regrets.

Propecia turned me into a woman, man claims

pfeiffer-40x40_001209.jpg

Eric Pfeiffer
Reporter

The Sideshow•July 23, 2012

MandiMcKee.jpg

A software engineer who was trying to combat hair loss says a generic form of Propecia caused him to develop breasts and made his hips widen like a woman's.

And now, after nine months of taking finasteride, 38-year-old William McKee goes by the name Mandi and is considering having a complete sex change.

"My shoulders were literally falling into a more feminine position, and my hips were loosening and becoming wider as on a woman's body."

The changes have left McKee's former life in disarray. He is now separated from his wife of 10 years, with whom he has a five-year-old son. The Tampa, Florida, resident has also left his career in Silicon Valley behind, now describing himself as an aspiring music producer and DJ.

Describing his former self as "athletic and driven," McKee now wears a blonde wig, makeup, women's clothing and says he is thinking of having breast augmentation. In addition, McKee says he has gone from heterosexual to homosexual.

"It felt like the 'me' that I've always known was not there anymore," he told the Post.

"I wasn't always this way. I am early on my path of transitioning to live full-time as a woman, although for 9 months I did take 1 of the 2 most popular drugs that doctors prescribe to men who wish to become a woman," he writes.

'The thing is… I didn't take Finasteride to become a woman. I took it to prevent male-pattern hair loss (baldness) after seeing Merck's ad campaign for years saying that Propecia (Finasteride) can stop hair loss in men."

WilliamMcKee.jpg

"My entire life has fallen apart in a slow and agonizing downward spiral that led me on a roller coaster ride of depression, anxiety, panic attacks, a severe and disabling loss of focus and concentration, feminization of my body, loss of and inability to work, homelessness, social rejection and isolation, and a complete alteration of my body's chemistry and self-identity," he writes.

"And it was more than just my life being affected. I was married to an amazing and beautiful woman who lost her husband, and I am father to an amazing 5 year-old-boy—who lost his dad."

"Merck believes that Propecia (Finasteride) has demonstrated safety and efficacy profiles and that the product labeling appropriately describes the benefits and risks of the drug to help inform prescribing," the company wrote in the statement.

And while several lawsuits have been filed by men who say the drug affected their sexuality, McKee is not eligible to join the suit since he purchased a generic form of the drug from an online distributor based in India.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/the-sideshow/propecia-turned-woman-man-claims-235329178.html

Last edited:

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does something to the brain. It's not something that should be taken lightly. Yes marketers want to sell hair transplants and the donor is very limited they know that but this is not worth it for a young man in my opinion. They are giving you very irresponsible advice. You will one day look back and could easily have only regrets.

Propecia turned me into a woman, man claims

View attachment 62304
Eric Pfeiffer
Reporter

The Sideshow•July 23, 2012

View attachment 62305
A software engineer who was trying to combat hair loss says a generic form of Propecia caused him to develop breasts and made his hips widen like a woman's.

And now, after nine months of taking finasteride, 38-year-old William McKee goes by the name Mandi and is considering having a complete sex change.

"My shoulders were literally falling into a more feminine position, and my hips were loosening and becoming wider as on a woman's body."

The changes have left McKee's former life in disarray. He is now separated from his wife of 10 years, with whom he has a five-year-old son. The Tampa, Florida, resident has also left his career in Silicon Valley behind, now describing himself as an aspiring music producer and DJ.

Describing his former self as "athletic and driven," McKee now wears a blonde wig, makeup, women's clothing and says he is thinking of having breast augmentation. In addition, McKee says he has gone from heterosexual to homosexual.

"It felt like the 'me' that I've always known was not there anymore," he told the Post.

"I wasn't always this way. I am early on my path of transitioning to live full-time as a woman, although for 9 months I did take 1 of the 2 most popular drugs that doctors prescribe to men who wish to become a woman," he writes.

'The thing is… I didn't take Finasteride to become a woman. I took it to prevent male-pattern hair loss (baldness) after seeing Merck's ad campaign for years saying that Propecia (Finasteride) can stop hair loss in men."

View attachment 62306

"My entire life has fallen apart in a slow and agonizing downward spiral that led me on a roller coaster ride of depression, anxiety, panic attacks, a severe and disabling loss of focus and concentration, feminization of my body, loss of and inability to work, homelessness, social rejection and isolation, and a complete alteration of my body's chemistry and self-identity," he writes.

"And it was more than just my life being affected. I was married to an amazing and beautiful woman who lost her husband, and I am father to an amazing 5 year-old-boy—who lost his dad."

"Merck believes that Propecia (Finasteride) has demonstrated safety and efficacy profiles and that the product labeling appropriately describes the benefits and risks of the drug to help inform prescribing," the company wrote in the statement.

And while several lawsuits have been filed by men who say the drug affected their sexuality, McKee is not eligible to join the suit since he purchased a generic form of the drug from an online distributor based in India.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/the-sideshow/propecia-turned-woman-man-claims-235329178.html
Haha this dude definitely was going to transition already, and just used finasteride as an excuse to tell his family and friends. Sure every drug can affect people differently, but this is the only case I've heard of where someone needed to transition as a result lol...not buying this at all.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
@topcat as an avid fitness enthusiast you must be shocked to hear the death of Rich Piana. RIP
Rich Piana was the man. Although he clearly had some BDD, and the amount of anabolic steroids was very reckless, it is sad to see someone's passion end their life. He truly was an inspiration and a legend in the bodybuilding community.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whtie Polar Bear you seem to like to chime in on threads and veer them off course. Here is your opportunity. How did it feel when you grew breasts from dht lowering medication? What were you feeling on the inside? Did you feel shame and was the shame worse then the hair loss? Try to stay on topic.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whtie Polar Bear you seem to like to chime in on threads and veer them off course. Here is your opportunity. How did it feel when you grew breasts from dht lowering medication? What were you feeling on the inside? Did you feel shame and was the shame worse then the hair loss? Try to stay on topic.

He won't see it if you spell his name wrong. @WhitePolarBear

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

topcat if you want to make sure someone sees your post you should tag them using the @ symbol followed by their name. otherwise they might miss it

@topcat

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

he's never taken finasteride dumbass

but keep fear mongering and advising against treatment and transplants just because you didn't do any research and got repeated botch jobs

your method of marketing no longer works

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen @topcat write long-*** posts on other forums explaining how temporary SMP causes cancer.

Sure tell it to this patient Lorenzo who actually works in the hair transplant industry. People that listen to guys like you will find out the hard way and that makes you a douche bag.

I might have this poster WPB mixed up with the person from Belgium that went to DeReys. He had gyno and needed to have it removed.

I just wanted to give me experience with SMP which I think can either be coincidence or a fact. I first got SMP in 2012 and was happy with it. Within 3 months I was diagnosed with cancer. I had another session on my back and side during chemo when my hair wasn't there. Didn't even consider they could be related. 1.5 years ago I decided to get a touch up on the front. 3 months later my cancer came back this time also in my brain. Both times it was blood cancer which as I said I am not sure if they are related. During my second chemo I noticed that after 4 years my side and back had not faded at all. I will never know for sure if my SMP caused my cancer and because of it had to have two bone marrow transplants. I would never consider or recommend SMP to anyone.

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am the guy you're talking about.

Good to hear.

Did you feel a sense of shame as you found yourself growing female breasts? If you did how would you compare that shame to losing hair? Do you believe young guys would feel better about themselves growing breasts and having hair?

Can you tell us about the reverse boob job surgery you had performed? And do you think young guys should take the risk of using Finasteride if this could be the outcome?

MrHulley

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be impossible to explain each nuance and the whys gathered over 40 years in a posting. I'm actually writing on that subject too because nutrition and fitness like just about everything else is driven more by profit then truth. Which is fine unless you are the person that suffers the consequences like maybe losing a loved one needlessly because the information they had was about profit and not truth.

Yes Jack Nicholson who does not use Finasteride but the body example is what one can expect as they become older in my opinion and yes others will disagree. These medications take away your aggressive drive so finding someone that works out with the intensity required while being natural I don't believe will be found. Yes maybe with exogenous testosterone but it's an absolute recipe for disaster and when the cancer is diagnosed it's game over.

There are thousands and thousands of experiences of others available online. One only needs to use logic to understand what happens after 20+ use of this crap. Turning oneself into a woman for hair makes no sense. Those that are trying to convince others to use this medication don't want to drink alone.

This is not my imagination. My hips are wider. Not fat, I feel the bones protruding more. Anyone else?

Yep, I notice the same. My body has feminized a great deal since stopping Fina. I don't think Finasteride can modify the bones, however you will notice wider hips when you lose a lot of chest muscle and getting "feminized" fat pattern at the hips. This is caused by Finasteride altering our endocrine asset like for example T/E ratio. Get your blood work done, however it won't be much useful if you did not have it done before starting the drug (which is my case unfortunately)

Yes I notice I have the same fat disposition as women with hips/ love handles. I used to be lean and this is not the case anymore, I am doughy, 20 lbs. more since stopping finasteride. Weight gain occurred in a month going off the drug and remains exactly the same two year later with much effort applied to change my weight/ diet. Before, I used to be one of those people that had trouble gaining weight and could eat anything they wanted. It's as if my whole metabolism has changed. Also, I experience constant bloating, even if I don't eat for a day, which I've tried just to see.

That was incredibly helpful. Maybe instead of talking about how great your nutrition is you should spend some time explaining why it's so great to begin with. If you aren't willing to answer some basic f*cking questions, don't waste our time. If I follow your advice I'll be 75 by the time I learn what to eat and why.