Is It Possible That Rogaine Will Make Me Bald Faster?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot give any advice on RU as I have never used it. PM me photos showing your loss as I don't remember seeing any loss in any of your photos. You have better hair than I ever had.
Please see a few attached. Hard to see because overall density too the biggest hit, diffuse all over. The front has recently thinned and I can see into my scalp and the temples are open.

1 2015, 3 from November. The rest this week. 100-140 per day.

I know I have been lucky but seems like it’s halpening really fast at the minoxidil gutted the density.

Before minoxidil my hair was the same consistency thick black, now it’s thin, whispy and much lighter, could be he DHT though. Trying to by time without propecia to start a family.

Attachments

• A33A5C90-882F-47D8-9078-E26BB666F53A.jpeg
    A33A5C90-882F-47D8-9078-E26BB666F53A.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 444
  • FBF73CCD-221D-45D0-AB21-853CF4176F94.jpeg
    FBF73CCD-221D-45D0-AB21-853CF4176F94.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 449
  • C0E3E032-2BBD-468E-8CF7-552071161343.png
    C0E3E032-2BBD-468E-8CF7-552071161343.png
    507 KB · Views: 429
  • 43B69613-17C3-4746-8D1F-20CAB0BB66AA.png
    43B69613-17C3-4746-8D1F-20CAB0BB66AA.png
    587.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 1B314D00-754F-43DD-839F-43D74133B236.jpeg
    1B314D00-754F-43DD-839F-43D74133B236.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 423
  • 320E2073-28FA-4F98-9511-32CBFADBEBD8.jpeg
    320E2073-28FA-4F98-9511-32CBFADBEBD8.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 482
  • 7368E457-53B6-4B4E-9C57-D17B2AC7A02B.jpeg
    7368E457-53B6-4B4E-9C57-D17B2AC7A02B.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Please see a few attached. Hard to see because overall density too the biggest hit, diffuse all over. The front has recently thinned and I can see into my scalp and the temples are open.

1 2015, 3 from November. The rest this week. 100-140 per day.

I know I have been lucky but seems like it’s halpening really fast at the minoxidil gutted the density.

Before minoxidil my hair was the same consistency thick black, now it’s thin, whispy and much lighter, could be he DHT though. Trying to by time without propecia to start a family.
Take a gamble and quit minoxidil. See if you recover. Some people get alot worse on minoxidil before they get better. Some men are late bloomers and start to lose hair in their 40s. Losing density late 30's and beyond becomes more common as you age. I understand you were hoping to have godlike hair for life but it just only happens to the very genetically gifted. I was hoping for the same miracle but it didn't happen for me either. That is what brought me here( and BDD) and I have been stuck on this island for over 10 years. Take my advice and leave this place while you still got your hair. Hurry up and have a family because your biological clock is ticking and having teens in your 60's is not going to be picnic in the park.
@shookwun @sunchyme1 @davesmith420 , what's your advice for this fullhead in his 40's who has better hair than most of the forum members including me?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Take a gamble and quit minoxidil. See if you recover. Some people get alot worse on minoxidil before they get better. Some men are late bloomers and start to lose hair in their 40s. Losing density late 30's and beyond becomes more common as you age. I understand you were hoping to have godlike hair for life but it just only happens to the very genetically gifted. I was hoping for the same miracle but it didn't happen for me either. That is what brought me here( and BDD) and I have been stuck on this island for over 10 years. Take my advice and leave this place while you still got your hair. Hurry up and have a family because your biological clock is ticking and having teens in your 60's is not going to be picnic in the park.
@shookwun @sunchyme1 @davesmith420 , what's your advice for this fullhead in his 40's who has better hair than most of the forum members including me?

If he really loves his hair just get on finasteride and understand that he has better hair than like 90% of the population at his age lol.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate the support. I am grateful my hair has made it this far but is change is coming like a train to my forehead.

Seems like Finasteride is no guarantee with a ton of risks. I started the minoxidil as the derm said it could do no harm, yet the remaining hair is not the same, thin, weird, and still shedding. The attempt alone on Finasteride will take me into a cosmetically bald place.

I thought a bridge topical that doesn’t yield a shed might help to buy some time.

I should also mention I have no scalp oil inflammation etc. not sure if this matters but seems like that’s a issue for traditional Hairloss? I can’t get much information on Finasteride success for aggressive diffuse cases.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate the support. I am grateful my hair has made it this far but is change is coming like a train to my forehead.

Seems like Finasteride is no guarantee with a ton of risks. I started the minoxidil as the derm said it could do no harm, yet the remaining hair is not the same, thin, weird, and still shedding. The attempt alone on Finasteride will take me into a cosmetically bald place.

I thought a bridge topical that doesn’t yield a shed might help to buy some time.

I should also mention I have no scalp oil inflammation etc. not sure if this matters but seems like that’s a issue for traditional Hairloss? I can’t get much information on Finasteride success for aggressive diffuse cases.
I honestly would not consider your case "aggressive". I told you I started on finasteride and went below baseline. That means I was a poor responder. You won't know how you respond until you try. Make a trip to Hasson and Wong and get some topical finasteride. If I were in your shoes I would be doing that first before I would try it orally.

shookwun

Reaction score
take your medications like a good little boy, and enjoy what you have.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meds as in drop the pill or hit the Hasson and Wong? I can get to Vancouver next week. I have Propecia Rx filled but I just haven’t been able to take that step.

Concern was the meds will take away what I currently have much faster than the natural thinning, was the case with minoxidil.

Realizing there might be some absorption might the topical have less sides and cause less shedding?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Meds as in drop the pill or hit the Hasson and Wong? I can get to Vancouver next week. I have Propecia Rx filled but I just haven’t been able to take that step.

Concern was the meds will take away what I currently have much faster than the natural thinning, was the case with minoxidil.

Realizing there might be some absorption might the topical have less sides and cause less shedding?
My suggestion is to visit the practice of Hasson and Wong and get a consultation for miniaturization as well as for the topical(drops) form of Propecia. I would go topical myself but Hasson and Wong won't sell to the US. You are definitely going to get less absorption from topical versus systemic. As a matter of fact, I remember reading that practice is strictly doing topical finasteride only now.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
seriously this dude might be trolling ?
he is in his 40's with more hair than brad pitt

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man I wish that was the case. This is really consuming my life. I know I’m still in ok shape but looking for advice from people that have gone through this. The Doctor’s are useless and places like this are the only option for real advice. Yes I have a good bit of hair, but I less than half than I did a year ago and I deal handful every morning. I’m lucky it’s happening later but the experience is still tragic.

I’m trying not to f*** up again like I did with the minoxidil.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone

If you really feel that something is going to hurt you, you definitely shouldn't take it. If it's going
to make you feel nervous, then f*** it, really.

At the most, Minoxidil will give you temporary gains. It's not bad for your hair, though. If your a good
responder, it will retard the baldness that might occur.

Worse case, it will shed your "sleeping" hair to push it in the growing phase, but the DHT resistant hair
will win the battle, so it might not grow back.

We will probably lose hair to age, that's natural.

Aging is just fucked up. Everything goes south downstairs. Sad but true.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m narrowing in on an option. I can say over all the quality of my hair has declined, I’ve gicen up the Telogen Effluvium hope.

My Thyroid is still a question and I can correlate the start of that med with first shed and start of this nightmare.

1. RU 6 months with oral minoxidil, Keto, LLT
2. Topical Finasteride H&W or the alcohol base my derm (Konior) can make.
3. .5 oral propecia EOD for 3 months and evaluate.

Thoughts?

Labs are all fine but TSH was above range, very low PSA, high progesterone. It’s a mystery.