Is It Possible That Rogaine Will Make Me Bald Faster?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
1) How are your sheds now that you've switched to Proxiphen?

2) Do you think you shed less because it's simply less strong (only 2% minoxidil)?

3) Do you mind saying what sides you had?
I had less sheds on 2 percent minoxidil or even Proxiphen. I had facial bloating and water retention from minoxidil. I went back on Lipogaine which is 5 percent and I shed alot more and my hair is looking crappy again. I don't think minoxidil is working well for me anymore. My hair is not looking too good at the moment so I will probably drop the Lipogaine again. I have been on and off minoxidil so many times but I really don't think I respond well to it any more.

afferd

Reaction score
Thanks DoctorHouse, sorry to hear about your bloating and sheds - it's interesting that different people respond in such different ways.

I see that Proxiphen isn't just minoxidil it also contains spironolactone & copper peptides so maybe that's what makes it better for you.

Did you ever consider ditching minoxidil altogether and just try a topical spironolactone (something like S5) and copper peptides (something like Folligen or Tricomin)?

mistikempire

Reaction score
Feels so scary reading all of these posts and the side effects, an also how long it takes to kick in 8O

- - - Updated - - -

Feels so scary reading all of these posts and the side effects, an also how long it takes to kick in 8O

- - - Updated - - -

I had less sheds on 2 percent minoxidil or even Proxiphen. I had facial bloating and water retention from minoxidil. I went back on Lipogaine which is 5 percent and I shed alot more and my hair is looking crappy again. I don't think minoxidil is working well for me anymore. My hair is not looking too good at the moment so I will probably drop the Lipogaine again. I have been on and off minoxidil so many times but I really don't think I respond well to it any more.

So its possible for someone even on minoxidil to still continue shedding hair? Is that a normal part of its process or?
sorry to hear it didnt work though

Atif80

Reaction score
Atif80

What are the chances of success of PRP? Does it really work? And if it works than it is required only once or multiple times?

Tim Doe

Reaction score
Rogaine

When I was on rogaine, it made my hair fall out too, but once I stopped(probably to early) it seemed to start growing back a little, the biggest problem I had with Rogaine, is it changed the Collagen in my Face, and didn't want my skin tone to change any more,

BTW I only put it on my temples not anywhere else, so can't promise you that it will grow back, but there is a initial shed that can be a good sign.

Mohd Sf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi DoctorHouse. please help me. :(

I am 30 and I was noticed that I have male pattern baldness symptom (M pattern). so I used rogaine 5% as treatment.

3 weeks later, my hair start to shedding. I'm shocked with that situation and panic because I never had any serious hair loss problem before.

then I stop to use Rogaine immediately!!. but unfortunately, the shedding still doesn't seem to stop until now..

what the most I want right now is the shedding phase end.

my question is:

1) how long the shedding phase of rogaine? (i was just 3 weeks of used)
2) when can i see the regrow of new hair?

i relly need your help. please..

here is my email. : servicessftech@gmail.com

Mohd Sf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can u give any
Yes, it's quite possible, rogaine foam destroyed my hairline for example, with no regrowth. From Norwood 2 to Norwood 4 in less than 2 years...

Can you give some scientific or atleast any logic that say rogaine may damage hair folicle?

I really worrying now.. oh god..

Mohd Sf

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried to search any info that say positively about the shedding and the result but unfortunately i see more negative comments out there.

Hurm.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am 30 and I was noticed that I have male pattern baldness symptom (M pattern). so I used rogaine 5% as treatment.

3 weeks later, my hair start to shedding. I'm shocked with that situation and panic because I never had any serious hair loss problem before.

then I stop to use Rogaine immediately!!. but unfortunately, the shedding still doesn't seem to stop until now..

my question is:

hey man, i too started rogaine just a very small amount at temples only once a day. About 2-3 weeks in the shed happened. Its at two months now and my hair looks worse where i apply it, but i think the shed is now over. I too posted "I need rogaine advice, im freaking out" Questions and the majority said stick with it. And from all ive read about minoxidil over the years, their answers seem to match the science. Ive decided to give it four months and re evaluate. The rest of my hair is doing great from proscar and only i actually notice the rogaine shed. I guess im saying maybe dont do anything hasty and possibly do more damage. I wish i could say its all gonna grow back, but i cant yet. But remember it has been FDA approved for hair loss for almost 30 yrs and some studies show greater hair density than finasteride... Not 100 % sure i believe it lol but there's definite science behind it working and our sheds seem to be the norm early on. Good Luck! -Anthony

vico

My Regimen
Reaction score

my question is:

Hi
base on my understanding, the shedding you experience of Regaine is normal.
it just the phase where the thin hair are need to shed to make room for the thicker one to regrow.
remember that Regaine promise result in at least 16weeks. so your 3 weeks usage is just an early phase.

vico

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious, after reading my previous posts in this thread, did I have any influence on anyone to reconsider using minoxidil for the first time or maybe quit using it now if they still use it? I know if I would have known this, I would have never tried minoxidil first before finasteride. I can understand if you don't want to take Propecia due to age or potential sides. Then minoxidil is the only choice left if you are desperate to save your hair and quitting that would definitely be a big mistake as you may be lucky and maintain with it if you have very slow male pattern baldness. From now on, I only try new products that can actually reverse or slow down balding or thinning. I feel confident in at least taking Propecia as I know it does something to slow down one of the possible causes of male pattern baldness. My other theory which has been mentioned before is it has some auto immune component to it so I think anything that addresses auto immune is worth using as well so that is why I use Proxphen. It showed to be effective on a person with alopecia areata and since I have no sides with it, I continue with it.
Hi Doctor,
Yes, your comments have influenced me. Im 20 years old with noticeable balding when i have long hair, not so much when i cut it short. Im so stress about it and have read countless of info about the hair loss forum. AS OF this every moment, i have spent $125.00 AUD for a 3 month bottle of Regaine. i haven't used it yet due to WHAT i have red and research. Still in the processing of deciding.

Propecia as you said can cause man boobs, erectile dysfunction and many other sides right? in my opinion thus risks does not out weight the benefit of Slowing down male pattern baldness. Regaine side effect can causing hair to grow in area that you dont even apply the product such as your arm, eyebrow. etc.
ALso is the first shedding of Regaine going to be worth it? because it going to make that little noticeable bald to a more noticeable bald, that is what everyone is FEARING. (even if it was a fews weeks, it still long)

is there any personal advice you can give me, im still too young for this ):?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi Doctor,
Yes, your comments have influenced me. Im 20 years old with noticeable balding when i have long hair, not so much when i cut it short. Im so stress about it and have read countless of info about the hair loss forum. AS OF this every moment, i have spent $125.00 AUD for a 3 month bottle of Regaine. i haven't used it yet due to WHAT i have red and research. Still in the processing of deciding.

Propecia as you said can cause man boobs, erectile dysfunction and many other sides right? in my opinion thus risks does not out weight the benefit of Slowing down male pattern baldness. Regaine side effect can causing hair to grow in area that you dont even apply the product such as your arm, eyebrow. etc.
ALso is the first shedding of Regaine going to be worth it? because it going to make that little noticeable bald to a more noticeable bald, that is what everyone is FEARING. (even if it was a fews weeks, it still long)

is there any personal advice you can give me, im still too young for this ):?
The question is how much do you value your hair? What are you willing to do to save it? Are you a risk taker or not? These are questions you need to ask yourself. For me, I value my hair and I was willing to take the risks and I still have alot of hair because of it. My penis is still intact but I still have watery semen and less ejaculate. That is about the only downside that I can leave with. If you live in fear, you will never accomplish anything in life.

wishuwerehair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine / Minoxidil won't directly make you bald faster, in fact for most people the opposite. However it can severely dry out your scalp and cause itching which can make things worse. Make sure you take care of the scalp with neutral shampoo / conditioner. I use a second leave in conditioner. I don't like the hassle but helps a lot with this.

vico

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine / Minoxidil won't directly make you bald faster, in fact for most people the opposite. However it can severely dry out your scalp and cause itching which can make things worse. Make sure you take care of the scalp with neutral shampoo / conditioner. I use a second leave in conditioner. I don't like the hassle but helps a lot with this.
Hi
how long have u use Regaine? and Does Regaine cause an initial shedding ? if so is it a noticeable shedding?

vico

My Regimen
Reaction score
The question is how much do you value your hair? What are you willing to do to save it? Are you a risk taker or not? These are questions you need to ask yourself. For me, I value my hair and I was willing to take the risks and I still have alot of hair because of it. My penis is still intact but I still have watery semen and less ejaculate. That is about the only downside that I can leave with. If you live in fear, you will never accomplish anything in life.
Hi Doctor

Really appreciate your reply. So from your previous post you said you would have continue using Regaine if you didnt get the side effects of it, would you mind telling us what the sides of Regaine you experience?

PS im aware that Regaine work differently for each individual so the sides you getting, may not be happening to some other people.

Thank

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi Doctor

Really appreciate your reply. So from your previous post you said you would have continue using Regaine if you didnt get the side effects of it, would you mind telling us what the sides of Regaine you experience?

PS im aware that Regaine work differently for each individual so the sides you getting, may not be happening to some other people.

Thank
I would get facial bloating mostly with more swelling around the eyes. I am using the foam now once per day but every other day and I have almost no sides and still got some regrowth.